Until recently, the GMC Sierra and the Chevrolet Silverado were almost similar. GMC incorporated elements to differentiate the two with the release of the 2019 model, such as a two-piece tailgate, carbon-fiber bed, distinctive external design, and more. The typical insurance cost for the new Sierra is $1,300, although this might vary depending on the extras you choose.
How do I compare insurance for the GMC Sierra?
The GMC Sierra is a tough pickup vehicle that can be used for both work and play. The cost of insurance varies based on the provider and how premiums are calculated, however, most carriers consider the following criteria when calculating GMC Sierra auto insurance rates:
- Body type. Pickup trucks, such as the Sierra, are frequently safer and more durable than sports cars and other two-door vehicles, which may contribute to reduced insurance premiums.
- Fuel. The Sierra is available with either a gas or diesel engine, with the gas version costing somewhat less to insure.
- Theft rates. Older GMC Sierra and Chevrolet Silverado vehicles have high theft rates, which might raise insurance costs.
- Repair costs. This vehicle’s maintenance and repairs are pretty normal, therefore expect reduced insurance premiums when compared to luxury automobiles.
- Coverage. While collision and comprehensive coverage are not needed, you may choose to purchase them for additional protection at the expense of higher rates.
- Insurer options. You should have no trouble getting coverage for this car, so request estimates from as many companies as you can to find the best deal.
- Build options. Your premiums may be greater or cheaper depending on the drive train, engine size, and other construction choices you select.
Does GMC Sierra qualify for auto insurance discounts?
The 2019 GMC Sierra comes equipped with safety, security, and driver assistance features that may qualify you for auto insurance reductions.
- Anti-theft device
- Passive restraint systems
- Anti-lock brakes
- Rear and side parking assist
- Blind zone alert
- Lane change alert
- Surround vision and rear camera mirror
Ready to get started?
We’ve got you covered.
How reliable is the GMC Sierra?
The GMC Sierra is a tough pickup truck built to endure snow, mud, and off-road conditions. Here are a few additional details to think about:
- Safety. The 2019 GMC Sierra has near-perfect ratings in virtually every category, which should help you save money on insurance.
- General reliability. Some GMC Sierras have issues with fuel gauges, incorrect HVAC temperature or air supply, and other minor, less prevalent faults.
- Recalls. GMC recalled certain 2014-2017 GMC Sierra cars due to a problem that might prevent seatbelts and airbags from deploying in the event of an accident. Some 2015 vehicles were also recalled due to a problem that might cause power steering assist to fail for a brief period of time.
The GMC Sierra is a mid-priced pickup truck with a suite of safety and driver assistance technologies that can handle job sites and casual driving. Its long-lasting, feature-rich design is one of the numerous reasons that contribute to its low vehicle insurance premiums.
However, your real price may differ depending on your build selections, driving history, and other factors, so it’s critical to evaluate your alternatives to get the greatest coverage and pricing for your circumstance.
For another car insurance review, Visit our review of Ford F-150 Insurance Cost.