Liberty Mutual Insurance, being one of the major insurance companies in the United States, provides comprehensive coverage with several discounts but may fall short in other areas.
We provide you this Liberty Mutual Insurance Review, it might help you to decide and compare of what insurance to choose.
Liberty Mutual Pros and Cons
- Add-ons to your auto insurance policy that can help protect you and your car
- Numerous auto and home insurance reductions
- Telematics and usage-based auto insurance packages are now available.
- Does not have the best reputation for customer service
- Homeowners in search of extra coverages or advantages may be disappointed.
- Premiums for young drivers are excessive – above the national average rate for teens.
Liberty Mutual auto insurance review
Liberty Mutual was founded in 1912 and is one of the most well-known insurance companies in the United States, ranking as the fourth biggest property and casualty insurer.
The firm provides coverage across the country through local Liberty Mutual salespeople and its website.
Liberty Mutual’s coverage options, discounts, and pricing are comparable to those of other insurance firms of comparable size and scope. However, a deeper examination of the company’s claims and customer service practices reveals that it is not the most favorable; while its financial health is strong, Liberty Mutual’s customer satisfaction ratings and number of complaints filed were below average.
- Claims satisfaction (J.D. Power) — Below average. Customers of Liberty Mutual expressed lower-than-average satisfaction with the company’s claims procedure in the most recent J.D. Power research.
- Customer satisfaction (J.D. Power) — Above average. In its 2021 study, J.D. Power ranked Liberty Mutual as above average in terms of overall customer service.
- Financial strength — Good. A.M Best, a strong financial strength rating suggests that Liberty Mutual’s capacity to pay insurance claims is unaffected.
- NAIC Rating — Poor. Liberty Mutual had more complaints than other large insurance firms, according to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC).
Liberty Mutual car insurance coverage options
Liberty Mutual vehicle policies provide the typical insurance coverages — liability, collision, comprehensive, uninsured motorist, personal injury protection (PIP), and medical costs — required by all 50 states. Let’s take a look at some of the more interesting coverage choices offered via Liberty Mutual.
Liberty Mutual Deductible Fund
This is an optional plan that allows policyholders to lower their annual deductible by $100 by paying an additional premium.
Liberty Mutual accident forgiveness
Accident forgiveness is another extra policy that prohibits your coverage from growing after your first accident. To qualify, you must have a five-year accident- and violation-free driving record (not available in California).
Liberty Mutual lifetime repair guarantee
This coverage option takes care of repairs for as long as you own the vehicle. There are over 2,000 Guaranteed Repair Network locations nationally to select from.
Liberty Mutual new or better car replacement
Liberty Mutual will replace your wrecked vehicle with a vehicle that is one model year younger and has less than 15,000 miles under this coverage option. Your car must be less than one year old and have fewer than 15,000 miles on the odometer to qualify.
Rental car reimbursement through Liberty Mutual
If your car is damaged in an accident covered by this policy, you will be reimbursed for the cost of a rental vehicle. State-by-state, coverage restrictions vary.
Liberty Mutual roadside assistance
Consider this coverage if you are concerned about being stuck on the side of the road. Liberty Mutual’s roadside assistance program includes the following:
- Flat tires
- Dead batteries
- No gas
Auto loan/lease gap
This ensures that policyholders do not owe more than the car is worth following a catastrophic loss. It is sometimes referred to as gap insurance since it covers the difference between Liberty Mutual’s assessment of your car and its loan or financed value.
Original parts replacement
After a claim, this coverage will replace your car with genuine manufacturer’s components.
Coverage for teachers
This optional coverage, created specifically for teachers and educators, protects your vehicle and instructional materials from hazards such as vandalism and theft.
Liberty Mutual Mexico car insurance coverage
If you’re traveling to Mexico, Liberty Mutual offers coverage.
Liberty Mutual and Turo
Liberty Mutual provides automobile insurance to members of the car-sharing business Turo. Turo is a peer-to-peer automobile sharing service that serves as a substitute for traditional car rental firms. Individuals might hire their own automobiles, which creates a thorny insurance issue. Individuals can choose from three coverage packages that include the business aspects of renting a private car.
Liberty Mutual auto insurance discounts
The following are some of the savings available to policyholders with a Liberty Mutual auto insurance policy. These small changes might add up to help you save money on your monthly insurance rates.
Discounts based on the driver or vehicle
- Accident-free. Liberty Mutual offers a discount to safe drivers with a clean driving record.
- Violation-free. If you have a clean driving record free of tickets, citations, and other infractions, you may qualify for some discounts.
- Alternative energy. Liberty Mutual offers a discount to drivers of ecologically friendly vehicles such as hybrids and electric automobiles.
- Anti-theft device. If your car is fitted with an anti-theft system, you are eligible for this discount.
- Advanced safety features. If your car has anti-lock brakes, electronic stability control, or adaptive headlights, you may qualify for a discount..
- Early shopper. If you obtain a Liberty Mutual quotation prior to the expiration of your current policy, you may qualify for a discount when you complete the policy.
- Military. Liberty Mutual provides insurance reductions to people who have served. If you are a retired, active, or reserve member of the United States Armed Forces, check with Liberty Mutual about a military discount.
- Homeowner. As a homeowner, you may be able to save money on your insurance coverage.
- Good student. Students who maintain a GPA of 3.0 or above might qualify for a substantial student discount.
- Student away at school. Students who stay outside of your home residence (often while attending college) and drive your vehicle on a limited basis may qualify for this discount.
Discounts based on your policy
- Bundling/multi-policy. Bundling several Liberty Mutual policies will save you time and money and qualify you for one of the most popular insurance discounts. Combining home and auto insurance is rather usual.
- Multi-car. If you own numerous vehicles, Liberty Mutual will give you a discount for insuring them all under a single policy.
- Payment by bank. To qualify for this discount, you must link your bank account and participate in automatic payments.
- Pay-in-full. Pay your coverage in one or two installments to save money.
- Online purchase. Individuals who purchase a policy through the Liberty Mutual website may qualify for a discount.
- Paperless. Policyholders who choose online account management over paper bills may qualify for a modest discount.
Ready to get started?
We’ve got you covered.
Where is Liberty Mutual car insurance available?
Liberty Mutual offers automobile insurance in 45 states and Washington, D.C.
Liberty Mutual vs. Competitors
- Liberty Mutual. $144
- GEICO. $100
- Allstate. $169
- Nationwide. $119
Liberty Mutual bundling options
Bundling policies is one of the most effective methods to save money on insurance — and deal with a single invoice. Liberty Mutual Insurance Company offers a diverse range of insurance products that may be combined with auto insurance.
How to cancel a Liberty Mutual insurance policy
To cancel an account, contact Liberty Mutual’s customer care department at 1-800-290-8711. You may be charged cancellation fees or be entitled for a refund, depending on your state. More information is available from Liberty Mutual here.
Can I cancel my Liberty Mutual policy online?
Liberty Mutual does not currently offer online policy cancellations; instead, you must contact 1-800-290-8711 and talk with a representative.
Liberty Mutual online features and app
As with many other nationally renowned insurance firms, Liberty Mutual’s website can produce quotations for house, vehicle, and other types of insurance and allows consumers to customise their coverage to their specific requirements. Additional elements of the site include the following:
- Auto insurance quotes when combined with homeowners, condo, or renters insurance
- File and manage claims
- Account administration includes the ability to pay bills, examine policy papers, and get proof of insurance cards.
- Finding local agents
Liberty Mutual’s mobile app (available for Apple and Android devices) offers many of the same features as the website, including the ability to manage billing, submit claims, and carry digital insurance ID cards.
Check out our article about Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance Review.