Nationwide Insurance Company has a customized insurance program, but high-risk drivers may not be well served.
Nationwide Insurance Pros and Cons
- Multiple levels of coverage and perks are available.
- low premiums
- a wide range of telemetry choices
- Bundling opportunities
- Plentiful discounts available
- Low overall customer satisfaction ratings
- Higher than average number of complaints from auto insurance customers
Nationwide car insurance review
One of the nation’s most popular auto insurance providers is Nationwide. Offering a broad spectrum of coverage plans, it is recognized for its reasonable pricing. In this study, we will compare Nationwide’s insurance prices to other insurance providers, and look at some of the insurance coverage choices that make Nationwide distinctive.
- Claims satisfaction — Above Average. Nationwide’s customer service satisfaction rating from J.D. Power is 876 out of 1,000, which places it above average.
- Customer satisfaction — Poor. In J.D. Power’s analysis of the car insurance industry, Nationwide was one of the worst-ranked companies in customer satisfaction.
- Financial strength — Superior. Because AM Best rates Nationwide an A+, which translates to an above-average rating for the company’s insurance claims, you can trust them to settle your claim in a timely manner. Because AM Best rates Nationwide an A+, which translates to an above-average rating for the company’s insurance claims, you can trust them to settle your claim in a timely manner.
- NAIC Rating — Below Average. Nationwide has a higher number of insurance claims filed against them than other large vehicle insurance providers, according to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC).
Nationwide car insurance coverage options
Car insurance, which is mandatory in some states, is also available nationwide, and it may be able to supply all you need, whether it’s simple liability coverage or comprehensive coverage for an expensive vehicle. Comprehensive and collision coverage, uninsured motorist coverage, personal injury protection (where applicable), medical costs, and more are all part of these coverages. Click the link to learn more about Nationwide’s many insurance offerings.
Towing and labor coverage
For the citizens of the nation, Nationwide delivers roadside assistance, offering support to any citizen who is stuck with a broken-down car. Whether it’s because of an accident or the need for a battery recharge, you can get back on the road with this coverage.
Everyone who has avoided accidents will get nationwide benefits. If you don’t have an accident in a given year, Nationwide will subtract $100 from your deductible, and you may earn up to $500 in savings. Explore the concept of disappearing deductibles.
Nationwide is aware that unfortunate incidents can occur. If you choose to sign up for Nationwide’s accident forgiveness program, you can avoid paying for your first at-fault accident.
Total loss deductible waiver
You will not have to pay a deductible for collision or comprehensive insurance if your car is declared a total loss.
Coverage for Uber and Lyft
Nationwide has an insurance policy that protects rideshare drivers and their passengers.
Rental reimbursement coverage
In the event that your automobile is damaged in an accident, this insurance covers the expense of renting a replacement vehicle.
Gap coverage assistance
Gap insurance covers the difference between what you owe and your vehicle’s reduced market value after an accident wrecked your car.
Nationwide auto insurance discounts and benefits
In addition to the programs mentioned above, Nationwide offers other alternatives to save money on vehicle insurance that are comparable to those offered by other providers. Here are some Nationwide discounts and benefits that are available.
Nationwide advertises average savings of around 20% for a home-and-auto policy bundle.
Good student discount
This student discount is available to you if you are in your teens or early twenties and maintain a B average or better in school.
To get this discount, you will need to avoid serious accidents or infractions for at least five years.
Easy Pay sign up
By linking your bank account to your Nationwide policy, you can earn a discount.
With hundreds of organizations as partners, the program offers discounts from professional groups, alumni associations, and other special interest organizations.
This discount is offered to anyone who has completed a state-approved defensive driving course. If you’re in a certain state, you may have to be at least 55 years old to be eligible.
Save money if you haven’t had any accidents for a while.
Anti-theft device discount
If your car has anti-theft features, you may qualify for this reduction. You may have to prove you actually installed the software.
Ready to get started?
We’ve got you covered.
Nationwide insurance bundling options
All over the country, there are a number of insurance policies to choose from, each of which may be coupled with others to enable you to save. Car and house insurance can be consolidated under a single insurer. Instead of having to deal with several insurance providers, combining insurance plans will put all of your insurance needs under one roof. Discounts also apply to renters, condo owners, and Nationwide policyholders, however the savings on insurance premiums may be less significant when buying less costly bundles. Call an insurance agent to get details on how to save money with bundling or to get the greatest deals on home and vehicle insurance.
Additional coverage benefits
A Nationwide Private Client automobile insurance coverage comes with several advantages, including the following.
- Increased uninsured/underinsured coverage. Provides insurance against costs up to $1 million for people without insurance.
- Gap coverage. Pays what you owe on a totaled car, as well as the depreciation of the vehicle’s worth.
- Rental car reimbursement. In the event of a covered loss, you may be sure that a rental automobile comparable to yours will be free of any daily limitations.
- OEM parts. The use of OEM components guarantees that your car is fixed with the exact quality parts it came with originally.
- Roadside assistance. All of your household’s cars can get help in the case of automotive difficulty with flat tires or dead batteries.
- Coverage for rented vehicles. If you hire a car, your insurance covers physical damage to the rental.
How to cancel a Nationwide insurance policy
Your Nationwide representative can cancel your policy by contacting you. You can contact Nationwide directly at 877-669-6877 if you don’t have a Nationwide insurance agent. If you are insured with Nationwide, you will usually not have to pay a cancellation charge, however this may depend on how long you have been with the firm.
How to cancel a Nationwide policy online
You cannot cancel a Nationwide policy online at this time.
Nationwide online features and app
Nationwide clients, like most other large insurance companies, have several choices for managing their policies online. While one can still ask an agent questions, the following may be dealt with via the internet:
- Online account management
- Make changes to your policy
- Bill pay
- Filing and tracking claims
Nationwide mobile options
The organization began using mobile technology early, with the first app launched in 2009. The app’s development has consistently moved forward, and it is now capable of identifying a user via face recognition or fingerprint recognition. It is also possible to utilize Apple Pay for transactions. Simply scan the VIN to add a car in the Nationwide mobile app.
It also allows you to accomplish the following things:The organization began using mobile technology early, with the first app launched in 2009. The app’s development has consistently moved forward, and it is now capable of identifying a user via face recognition or fingerprint recognition. It is also possible to utilize Apple Pay for transactions. Simply scan the VIN to add a car in the Nationwide mobile app.
It also allows you to accomplish the following things:
- Access ID cards
- Pay your bill
- Get roadside assistance
- File claims
- Contact agents
- Receive quotes for home, renters and auto insurance
- Manage account settings and info
Among all automobile insurance providers, it came in eighth in customer satisfaction. Particularly among men, Nationwide’s satisfaction claims were their poorest, and that was reflected in their results. Overall, Nationwide is usually seen as reliable, and its selections are comprehensive.
For additional insurance company review, check out our review of Grange Car Insurance Review.