1281 Murfreesboro Pike, Nashville, TN 37217
Is Direct Auto the best insurance provider for you? To find out, learn more about coverage options, discounts, and other insurance alternatives.
Direct Auto insurance overview for 2021
Direct Auto Insurance may be an excellent alternative for drivers in the southeast United States who are seeking basic auto insurance. While it offers a variety of vehicle insurance plans, including commercial, personal, motorbike, and roadside assistance, it does not offer a wide variety of other insurance products, which limits bundling choices. Continue reading to learn more about Direct Auto insurance, such as coverage choices, discounts, and other perks.
Direct Auto is a non-traditional insurance provider that specializes in providing coverage for high-risk customers who may have difficulty obtaining vehicle insurance.
Non-standard carriers are not well-known for offering a plethora of benefits. They are, however, frequently a viable alternative for businesses seeking to comply with state-mandated liability coverage minimums.
Third-party groups have conflicting feelings about Direct Auto. Direct Auto has high marks for customer happiness and financial stability, but regrettably receives more complaints from customers than the industry average.
- JD Power Rating – Not rated. Direct Auto insurance has not yet been rated by JD Power.
- Financial Strength – Excellent. Direct Auto insurance has been assigned an “excellent” financial rating by A.M. Best, indicating that the company’s finances are sound and that it is well within its capabilities to pay claims.
- NAIC rating – Poor. Direct Auto insurance, according to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, receives more complaints than the industry average.
Pros and Cons of Direct Auto car insurance
- Payment plans that are adaptable.
- Drivers with a patchwork of insurance coverage
- Options for enhanced coverage
- Homeowners — this carrier does not provide homeowners insurance.
- Clients that are digital-first.
Direct Auto car insurance coverage options
Direct Auto insurance includes all of the usual coverages offered by most vehicle insurance providers, including liability, comprehensive and collision, and uninsured driver. In addition to these standard coverages, drivers may elect to purchase the following optional coverages:
- Rental reimbursement. This policy helps pay the expenses of renting a car while your vehicle is being repaired following a covered loss. This policy is optional, but you must have comprehensive and collision coverage to qualify.
- Towing & Labor. If your automobile breaks down or becomes undriveable following an accident, this coverage helps you recover towing costs. You must have comprehensive and collision coverage to add this, however if you want roadside assistance but don’t have complete coverage, Direct Auto provides a package with 24-hour towing.
- Accidental death. Accidental death coverage provides $5,000 to beneficiaries of drivers who die in a covered loss. This is a separate insurance that may be added to your vehicle policy.
- Customizable payments. For many clients, Direct Auto insurance offers some payment flexibility. This includes the ability to schedule your payments, pay in full or on an installment basis, pay in advance to reduce your monthly cost, and a variety of flexible payment choices, including online payments, pay-by-text message, and even cash payments to a local agent or partner site.
Ready to get started?
We’ve got you covered.
Direct Auto insurance discounts
There are a variety of discounts available to qualifying drivers. They are classified according to the driver, vehicle, and policy type.
Discounts based on driver or vehicle
- Military. Active duty military personnel can save up to 25%.
- Safe Driver. Drivers with a three-year accident-free record can save up to 10%.
- Good Student. Students who are not married and are enrolled full-time can save up to 10%.
- Senior Citizen. Senior drivers 55 years and above can save up to 5%.
- Multi-car. Insure several vehicles on the same policy to save up to 25%.
- Mileage. Drivers with low-mileage vehicles can save up to 5%.
Discounts based on your policy
- Multi-product. Bundle your auto insurance with another product to save up to 5%.
- Prior coverage. If you have been covered consistently for at least six months and have not had a break in coverage of more than 90 days, you can save up to 25% on your insurance.
- Homeowner. Homeowners can save up to 15%.
- Renewal. Save up to 20% by renewing your policy.
- Welcome back. Returning to Direct Auto insurance might result in a 6 percent savings.
- Affinity. Members in good standing or organizations collaborating with Direct can save up to 5%.
Direct Auto bundling options
To be eligible for the multi-policy discount, your car policy must be combined with one or more of Direct Auto’s other insurance products. While they do not presently provide homeowners insurance, they do offer a variety of other insurance products if you have assets that might use protection.
How to cancel your Direct Auto policy
Direct Auto allows you to terminate your coverage in a few different ways. You can visit a local agency and sign a cancellation request in person or handwrite one. Your entire name, signature, policy number, address, date of birth, and the date the insurance should be terminated must all be included in a handwritten declaration. Additionally, you may fax a statement including this information to 877-622-7338.
Can I cancel my Direct Auto policy online?
You may cancel your Direct Auto insurance online by sending a message to customer care via the company’s website. Your message should contain your complete name, policy number, address, date of birth, a brief explanation of why you are requesting termination, and the date the policy should be canceled.
Check out our review of Dairyland Car Insurance Review.