Auto-Owners Insurance Company, headquartered in Lansing, Michigan, has been in the insurance business for more than a century. The firm operates in 26 states through a network of thousands of independent agents. Despite its name, Auto-Owners Insurance really offers a broad range of insurance products.
According to JD Power, the company’s vehicle insurance products are routinely rated well, while the company’s home, life, and business insurance products consistently earn favorable evaluations.
Consider the following article on Auto-Owners Insurance Review; it may assist you in comparing your auto insurance.
Auto-Owners Insurance Ratings
- Claims satisfaction (J.D. Power) — Above average: In 2020, J.D. Power assigned the firm an above-average grade for total claim satisfaction.
- Customer satisfaction (J.D. Power) — Above average: In the J.D. Power 2021 research, auto-owners’ consumers answered with an above-average grade for overall satisfaction.
- Financial strength — Superior: AM Best assigned the firm an A++ rating, suggesting that it is financially sound and capable of paying claims.
- NAIC Rating — Excellent: In comparison to the industry average, the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) received comparatively few consumer complaints about Auto-Owners Insurance.
Auto-Owners car insurance options
Auto-Owners clients can anticipate a range of coverage options and a simple claims procedure as a result of the company’s ranking as one of the best auto insurance providers in terms of customer satisfaction. The firm provides conventional insurance policies such as:
- uninsured/underinsured motorist
- medical payments
- Personal injury protection (PIP).
However, the firm also offers a choice of optional coverages that policyholders can choose from to further customize their coverage, as detailed below.
Auto-Owners’ 24-hour roadside assistance protects you in a number of scenarios, including if you lock your keys in your car, get a flat tire, or have a dead battery. It encompasses all fifty states and Canada.
This coverage kicks in to assist with the cost of a rental car or other associated expenditures if you become stranded away from home. This might include expenses such as meals and accommodation.
Due to depreciation, a leased automobile is frequently worth less than the balance owed on it. Gap coverage compensates you for the gap between what you owe and the value of your car.
If you are involved in an accident, the resale value of your car might be significantly reduced. This coverage guarantees that you are reimbursed in full for the value of your car in the event of a total loss.
Personal automobile plus package
This plan offers a variety of additional advantages designed to safeguard you against identity theft, as well as coverage for replacing lost or stolen keys and even your cell phone.
Specialty auto insurance options at Auto-Owners
Occasionally, automobiles fall into a distinct category. Auto-Owners Insurance offers specialized coverage for the following car classes:
- Classic cars. Classic automobiles require a different level of coverage than more contemporary automobiles. A classic automobile auto coverage might be far less expensive and still provide the necessary protection for your historic vehicle.
- Modified vehicles. Automobiles that have been changed or modified in some way might be difficult to insure. Whether you’re adding a wheelchair lift or another mobility modification, Auto-Owners Insurance offers customized coverage choices.
Ready to get started?
We’ve got you covered.
Auto-Owners car insurance discounts
Auto-Owners Insurance provides several methods for you to save money on your auto insurance coverage. Below is a summary of their discount choices.
- Multi-policy discount. Bundle several policies with Auto-Owners to receive premium discounts.
- Life multi-policy discount. Combine a Vehicle-Owners life insurance policy with your auto coverage to save money.
- Payment history. You may qualify for a reduction if you have paid your premium on time for at least 36 months.
- Paid-in-full discount. To save money, pay your yearly payment in full at the start of your coverage.
- Green discount. You may qualify for a discount if you go paperless with your bills and make payments online.
- Advance quote. Any new applicant who seeks an insurance quotation prior to the effective date of their policy is eligible for a discount.
- Multi-car. Adding more vehicles to your coverage may result in a reduced premium.
- Safety feature discounts. Anti-lock braking systems (ABS) and anti-theft gadgets may qualify you for a discount.
- Deductibles. If you pick a greater deductible, your coverage premiums may be decreased.
- Favorable loss history. If your driving record is pretty spotless, you may save a lot of money.
Auto-Owners student discounts
Insuring teenage drivers might result in higher monthly rates. Auto-Owners Insurance, on the other hand, offers the following discounts to customers who have adolescent or young adult drivers. More information on student vehicle insurance may be found here.
- Good student discount. Students with a grade point average of “B” or higher may qualify for a discount of up to 20%.
- Student away at school discount. If your student lives more than 100 miles from home and does not own a vehicle, you may qualify for a discount.
- Teen driver monitoring discount. Install a Global Positioning System (GPS) in your teen’s vehicle to begin saving money.
Is Auto-Owners Insurance right for you?
Auto-Owners policyholders are, on average, rather satisfied with their coverage. That is not to say, however, that it is the best firm for you. If finding the cheapest insurance premium is your primary objective, you may be able to find more economical coverage elsewhere.
It’s never a bad idea to browse around for new insurance coverage. Take some time to research coverage choices and customer reviews for different carriers, and keep in mind that you can obtain free insurance quotes that can help you choose the perfect insurance policy.
For more insurance company reviews, check out AIG Insurance Review.