Foremost Insurance is a well-known supplier of non-traditional home and vehicle insurance. Although the firm has a strong financial foundation, its coverage alternatives are restricted.
Foremost Insurance review 2021
Since 1952, Foremost Insurance, a Farmers Insurance Group company, has provided a variety of insurance coverage choices. While Foremost is best known for its RV and mobile home insurance products (which are offered in collaboration with AARP), the business also offers house and vehicle insurance.
Foremost works with another renowned carrier, Bristol West, to insure high-risk drivers who may have difficulty obtaining coverage elsewhere. Similarly, its homeowner’s insurance plans are targeted towards clients who may have difficulty obtaining cheap insurance coverage through a regular or recommended carrier.
In general, if inexpensive rates and comprehensive coverage alternatives are essential to you, bypassing Foremost while shopping for a new insurance policy may be worthwhile. However, if you have a history of prior insurance claims, a bad credit history, or other risk factors that may restrict your insurance alternatives, Foremost Insurance may be worth considering.
Read our Foremost Insurance review to learn more about the company’s home and car insurance choices, as well as what you can anticipate as a client.
Foremost auto insurance Ratings
Foremost Insurance, a subsidiary of Bristol West, is an excellent choice for high-risk drivers. While Foremost offers more benefits and coverage alternatives than other non-standard insurance carriers, it remains more limited than the majority of larger providers such as GEICO. Continue reading to learn more about coverage choices and the customer experience and determine if Foremost Insurance is a good fit for you.
- Customer Service — Not Rated by J.D Power.
- Financial Strength (AM Best) — Excellent — With an “outstanding” financial rating by A.M Best, you may be confident that Foremost will be able to manage your claims.
- Claims Satisfaction (NAIC) — Fewer complaints than average — Foremost is subject to fewer complaints than the industry average.
Where is Foremost car insurance available?
Foremost automobile insurance is offered in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
Foremost car insurance coverage options
Foremost vehicle insurance offers a broad range of basic coverage choices, including liability coverage (including bodily injury and property damage), comprehensive and collision coverage, and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.
The following are some of the most unusual coverage choices offered by Foremost:
- Towing and roadside assistance service — If you find yourself stranded on the side of the road with a broken-down vehicle, this covers the expense of towing.
- Loan/lease coverage —If your car is totaled, this coverage pays the difference between the balance due on it and the amount paid by your insurance.
- Medical payments — This policy will pay for medical expenses up to $10,000 if you are injured in an accident.
- One household, one policy — Your Foremost Insurance policy covers all covered cars on a single bill, so there are no separate renewals or effective dates to worry about.
Ready to get started?
We’ve got you covered.
Foremost car insurance discounts
Foremost gives you the opportunity to save money on your insurance coverage. Consider some of the ways you may retain more of your hard-earned money in your pocket.
- Electronic pay — You may expect to save money by paying securely online.
- Multiple policies — Bundle your vehicle and home insurance with Foremost Insurance to receive a discount.
- Multiple cars — Reduce your insurance costs by insuring several vehicles with Foremost.
- Kids away at school — If you have children who are away at college, you may qualify for a discount on your vehicle insurance costs.
- Paid in full — Take advantage of a discount by paying your entire payment in advance.
- Switching from another company —If you are switching from another company to Foremost, you may anticipate discounts.
- Good driving record — If you maintain a clean driving record, you may expect to save money. This begins after three years of accident-free driving, with additional reductions available after five years.
How to cancel a Foremost Insurance policy
You may cancel your Foremost Insurance coverage by contacting your local Foremost insurance agent or by calling 1-800-532-4221. Your agent or representative can ascertain if you will be required to pay cancellation costs or if you are due a refund on already-paid premiums. It is critical to have replacement insurance in place prior to terminating your existing policy.
When canceling your Foremost Insurance policy, follow these steps:
- Provide the policy number and other important customer details
- Ask that your contract and any recurring payments be canceled
- Answer any follow-up questions truthfully
- Request that a confirmation email be sent to verify cancellation
Can I terminate my Foremost Insurance coverage mid-term?
Yes. Policies with Foremost Insurance can be terminated at any point throughout the policy’s duration. While it is generally recommended to terminate your policy near the conclusion of its term, Foremost provides for flexible cancellation, subject to applicable costs.
Prior to canceling your Foremost coverage, it is critical that you have another policy in place to minimize coverage gaps. Before canceling your Foremost insurance, begin the process by comparing rates and acquiring new coverage. This can help you avoid rate increases or — in the case of vehicle insurance — fines from your state’s Department of Motor Vehicles.
For another car insurance review, visit our review of Chubb Auto Insurance Review.