Although Elephant Car Insurance is a relative newcomer to the insurance industry, it has made quite an impression since its establishment in 2009. It is situated in Richmond, Virginia and is a subsidiary of the Admiral Group, which is headquartered in the United Kingdom. Elephants are now accessible in an increasing number of states around the United States. With a diverse range of coverage options, the firm may be a viable alternative for your next insurance. Bear in mind, though, that Elephant has mediocre customer service ratings.
Elephant Car Insurance review 2021
- JD Power Rating — Not Rated. JD Power not rated Elephant Car Insurance.
- Financial strength — Not Rated. Elephant Insurance does not have an AM Best rating. Although its parent business, Admiral Group, is well-known in the United Kingdom, it too lacks a rating.
- NAIC Rating — More complaints than average. Elephant Insurance has received much more consumer complaints than the average for all insurers, according to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC). NAIC complaints may stem from negative encounters with the claims procedure or unhappiness with customer service.
Elephant auto insurance coverage options
Elephant Car insurance is accessible in seven states, including Georgia, Indiana, Illinois, Maryland, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia. Policy durations are twelve months. The firm offers basic insurance policies including liability, collision, comprehensive, and uninsured motorist protection. Consider the following features that may be added to an Elephant insurance policy as an option.
Elephant collaborates with technology firms urgent.ly to provide policyholders with rapid, secure, and high-quality roadside assistance services.
Elephant roadside assistance delivers:
- Battery jumping
- Emergency fuel delivery
- Flat-tire replacement
- Lock-out services
This is often referred to as a disappearing deductible. Elephant claims to provide a reduced deductible regardless of your accident history when you sign up. This deductible reduces the longer you remain accident-free. Six-month plans will get a $50 discount at renewal, while twelve-month policies will see a $100 discount.
If you require a rental automobile while your own vehicle is being repaired, Elephant offers many tiers of coverage limits that can be assigned to rental reimbursement.
Elephant provides coverage for unique equipment if your vehicle has been modified with custom parts. This is only true if your vehicle is equipped with comprehensive and collision coverage.
Elephant’s legal help is available for fighting one small traffic violation per year and per motorist. It covers the cost of a consultation and representation by a lawyer. Additionally, you can receive a 25% reduction on attorney costs for pre-existing, non-auto legal concerns such as family law, document review, and will preparation.
Ready to get started?
We’ve got you covered.
Elephant insurance discounts and reward programs
Elephants provide several options for you to save money on vehicle insurance. Numerous conventional savings given by numerous large insurance companies are also available here. Consider the following Elephant auto insurance specials.
Discounts based on your policy
- Bundling. Bundle your vehicle insurance with your homes, renters, or motorbike insurance to qualify for a multi-policy discount.
- Online quote. Get an instant 12 percent discount on your cost by requesting a quotation online through Elephant’s website.
- Pay-in-full. Pay your annual subscription in full to save money – and you’re covered for the entire year!
- Go paperless. Elephant clients who choose not to receive paper invoices receive a discount of up to 3% per insured car.
- E-signature. To qualify for a modest discount, enroll in your coverage using your electronic signature.
Discounts based on the driver or vehicle
- Multi-car. Multi-vehicle insurance might save you up to 20% on your rate.
- Good driver. Elephant offers discounts of up to 10% to responsible drivers who have a clean driving record and have been accident-free for five years.
- Good student. If you are a full-time student between the ages of 16 and 25 with a minimum grade point average of “B,” you are eligible for a good student discount.
- Homeowner. If you own your home, you may be eligible for a discount on your Elephant coverage.
- Work from home. Elephant offers a discount to home-based workers who drive less as a result of not having to commute to the workplace.
Is Elephant Insurance right for you?
Elephant Insurance’s coverage options and discounts make it a competitive alternative in comparison to some of the larger and more well-known auto insurance companies on the market.
Check out our review of Cincinnati Insurance Review.