Safe Auto Insurance, a Columbus, Ohio-based vehicle insurance firm, provides insurance in 17 states. It is a particular insurer that caters to those with a poor driving record, who have a difficult time getting other coverage.
Safe Auto review for 2021
- JD Power Rating — Not Rated
- Financial strength — Not Rated: AM Best, a firm that provides financial ratings, does not yet rank Safe Auto.
- NAIC Rating — More Complaints than Average: Safe Auto had far more complaints than the national average, according to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC).
Safe Auto car insurance coverage options
In some jurisdictions, Safe Auto also offers basic liability, full collision, and comprehensive coverage. The firm offers policies for motorists who are deemed to be higher-risk, such as those with an extensive or nonexistent insurance history, bad credit, and several violations and accidents.
Safe Auto is well known for its low-cost SR-22 insurance, which is ideal for motorists who must maintain an SR-22 in order to have their driver’s license reinstated. An SR-22 is an insurance company’s verification that you are carrying the minimum coverage required by your state. Safe Auto clients can benefit from our help in this matter.
SR-22 certificates may be needed for a variety of purposes, including:
- More traffic violations
- Accident at fault
- Lacking insurance when driving
- Getting a previously suspended license restored
In the event of a mechanical breakdown, this insurance might assist you out by covering towing and other repair costs.
This policy will reimburse you for your rental automobile while your car is out of operation due to a covered claim.
Ready to get started?
We’ve got you covered.
Safe Auto insurance benefits
To discover more about Safe Auto’s benefits, scroll down.
24/7 claims assistance
Safe Auto offers a 24/7 claims service to its clients.
You can quickly make payments, examine your insurance policy, and verify your proof of insurance paperwork using Safe Auto’s online account and mobile app.
Safe Auto implemented its Same Day Pay service to save on the time it takes to process claims. Payments are transferred directly to the claimant’s prepaid card, bank-issued debit card, or bank account through this procedure. Nevertheless, Safe Auto’s imprecise description of this service, together with the claim payout delay, should be highlighted.
Safe Auto insurance discounts
Safe Auto’s focus on marketing to risky drivers makes its discounts less substantial than those provided by other insurers. The firm does, however, provide a few important savings. Please bear in mind that the cost varies from state to state.
- New Business Transfer. If you change to Safe Auto from another insurer, you’ll get a lower premium. You may let the insurance company know about your old coverage when you register.
- Multiple Vehicle Discount. Safe Auto offers a discount if you insure more than one car via them.
- Homeowners Discount. You may save money by receiving a discount from Safe Auto if you own your own house.
- Good Student Discount. Safe Auto offers students with good GPAs a discount.
Is Safe Auto insurance right for you?
The Safe Auto insurance policy doesn’t have any unnecessary extras. While a less than ideal driving record, bad credit, or other factors may normally increase your insurance costs, it might still be a good choice if you are searching for a minimum coverage policy or even for full coverage. It’s conceivable, though, that you may be able to get better deals on insurance and superior customer service by doing some more research. Finding coverage that is both inexpensive and of good quality is attainable by examining the options that each insurance company offers.