How Much Does Acura MDX Car Insurance Cost?
Acura MDX car insurance costs an average of $191 per month, or $2,292 per year. This is about $1,000 more than the national average of $1,318 but still less than the steep average of $2,551 in Michigan. However, the real cost is determined by your driving history, yearly mileage, state of residency, and a variety of other considerations.
Acura Car Insurance Rates & Cost
[display-posts tag=”acura” exclude_current=”true” orderby=”title” posts_per_page=”50″]
Acura MDX Specifications
The Acura MDX has been on the market since 2000. The vehicle is one of the most popular three-row luxury crossovers on the market. The 2017 Acura MDX model comes with a hybrid option for increased fuel efficiency. The cost of insurance for an Acura MDX is determined by insurance providers based on safety ratings, theft rates, replacement costs, and general damage susceptibility. Insurance premiums vary depending on a driver’s past and area. Before you buy an Acura MDX, get insurance quotes from different providers to obtain the lowest possible price. Check to see if you qualify for insurance reductions.
Ready to get started?
We’ve got you covered.
How to Compare Acura MDX Insurance
Because automobile insurance is never one-size-fits-all, your coverage may differ based on your insurance provider and policy selections. You should constantly evaluate your choices to choose the best coverage for your Acura MDX, but you may be unsure how to do so. When comparing automobile insurance for your Acura MDX, keep the following points in mind:
- Price. Though pricing is a significant issue, you need also ensure that you are obtaining the coverage you require.
- Deductible. Some carriers may enable you to change your deductible level in order to lower your rates. It is critical to establish a figure that is appropriate for your circumstance, taking into consideration aspects such as the most likely item to require replacement and how much they would cost out of money vs. deductible.
- Coverage at a bare minimum. The minimum level of coverage varies by state. Check to see whether your coverage fulfills the requirements of your state.
- Extra protection. Many insurance companies include supplementary coverage, such as personal injury or uninsured motorist coverage.
- Extras. Do you require any additional coverage for your Acura MDX? This covers, for example, tire and rim coverage and customized auto insurance.
- Restrictions. When selecting a provider and insurance, be wary of any limits like as where you drive, ridesharing, and so on.
- Manufacturer’s promotion or a loyalty discount. Some manufacturers may have discounts or special offers through collaborations with insurance companies. Check with Acura and any possible providers to see if any special deals are available to you.
- Warranty. Check with your manufacturer and provider to ensure that there is no overlap between manufacturer coverage or warranty and your provider’s extended coverage choices. For example, if your MDX comes with new car coverage, there’s no purpose in paying for gap insurance.
What variables influence Acura MDX car insurance?
Premiums for auto insurance are calculated using a variety of criteria. While your location, driving record, and policy selections all play a big effect, the vehicle you select to cover may have a big impact on the price you pay for auto insurance. Here are several vehicle-specific elements that affect your rate:
- Type of body. The Acura MDX is a medium-sized SUV that would do well in a collision. However, because it is more expensive to fix than a sedan, you may wind up spending more than if you insurance an Acura ILX, for example.
- Car model. The Acura MDX is classified as a premium SUV. It is often less expensive to insure than a sports vehicle, but more expensive than a sedan. SUVs may be safer in an accident, but they may be more expensive to repair.
- Theft. SUVs, for example, are stolen less frequently than sedans, which may make them less expensive to insure.
- Repairs. Because the Acura MDX is a recent car produced both in the United States and overseas, replacement parts and servicing are plentiful. However, it is a premium SUV that may be costly to fix.
- Ratings for safety. The MDX, like other Acura vehicles, has excellent safety ratings, which may lower the overall cost of auto insurance.
What effect do trim packages and extra construction choices have on insurance costs?
The trim and options on your Acura MDX, like vehicle-specific characteristics, might impact the amount you pay for auto insurance. Here are some of the 2018 Acura MDX choices and how they may influence your premiums when compared to the base model.
- Navi. Additional safety and navigation systems may make the Acura MDX more roadworthy, perhaps saving you money on vehicle insurance.
- Tech. The majority of the features in this package are intended for comfort and convenience, and should have no direct influence on the cost of automobile insurance.
- Elite. Parking sensors, fog lights, and the surround view camera system may aid in the prevention of accidents, thus lowering your insurance costs.
- Passenger on an Elite 6 aircraft. This package is intended to make the inside more pleasant, but the surround vision camera system may assist to lower the cost of automobile insurance.
- Hybrid Sport. While this package includes several safety elements, it also increases horsepower, which may raise insurance. Having said that, it is also a hybrid, for which many suppliers grant discounts.
- MDX Canadian ultimate or platinum package options. Both of these packages are primarily cosmetic, so they shouldn’t have a significant influence on your premiums. Both options, however, greatly raise the worth of your car, which may have an impact.
- Package deal for sports luxe. Once again, this bundle offers items that add aesthetic appeal, which should not have a significant impact on your premiums.
- 20-inch alloy wheels. This package gives your vehicle a sportier appearance and improves the worth of your vehicle, which may raise the cost of auto insurance.
- Fog lights made of LEDs. Fog lights can assist improve your vision and make you a safer driver. This feature has the potential to lower your premiums.
- Sensors for parking. Parking sensors might improve visibility and maybe avoid accidents, lowering your insurance costs.
- Sensors for backing up at the rear. Rear backup sensors, like parking sensors, may assist reduce accidents, lowering rates.
- The wheels are locked. Wheel locks significantly decrease the chance of your wheels being stolen, and many suppliers provide discounts for having them fitted.
Acura MDX safety features that save money
If your Acura MDX has these safety features, you may be able to save money on car insurance.
- Cruise control with adaptive settings
- Lane-departure warning systems are used to alert drivers when they are about to leave their lane
- Collision-avoidance technology
- Anti-lock braking systems
Check out more about Acura Insurance Cost