The Chrysler Voyager has returned to the market after the Grand Voyager was discontinued in 2016. The 2020 Voyager is a retooled and repackaged version of the Chrysler Pacifica minivan, with a fleet-only LXi grade.
Based on insurance for the Pacifica, the average cost of insurance for the Chrysler Voyager is estimated to be about $132 per month or $1,584 per year. With a beginning base price of $26,985, the yearly insurance cost-to-base ratio is 5%, which is slightly higher than the national average.
How do I compare insurance for the Voyager?
The 2020 Chrysler Voyager’s insurance is projected to be pretty normal for a minivan. It’s identical to Pacifica’s lower-tier counterpart, however, the Voyager will likely lack the added bells and whistles. Consider the following:
- Body type. Because of their sturdy construction and safe handling, minivans are among the least expensive cars to insure.
- Fuel. The Voyager’s combined city and highway MPG of 22 is comparable to those of other conventional minivans.
- Theft rates. Minivans are stolen at a lower rate than sedans, however some cities have greater minivan theft rates. The Chrysler Pacifica was the seventh most stolen car in the US in 2008, and Chrysler as a brand has greater theft rates than other brands.
- Maintenance. The costs of maintaining this car appear to be on the low side. Preventative maintenance for your vehicle may result in cheaper insurance premiums with some companies.
- Coverage. The amount of coverage you’ll need depends on how often you drive, where you live, and where you park your minivan. If you’re financing your automobile, you’ll need collision and comprehensive coverage.
- Warranty. Chrysler provides a three-year, 36,000-mile standard warranty as well as a five-year, 60,000-mile powertrain warranty. It also includes roadside assistance, allowing you to forego such coverage on your insurance policy.
- Manufacturer discount. At the time of writing, Chrysler was providing a $750 consumer cash refund and a 0% APR for 36 months of financing.
Does the Chrysler Voyager qualify for discounts?
Yes, the Voyager is eligible for some of the usual safety feature savings that insurance carriers offer:
- Anti-theft discount
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Passive restraint discount
Ready to get started?
We’ve got you covered.
How reliable is the Chrysler Voyager?
The Voyager, being a renamed Pacifica, may anticipate earning comparable safety and dependability ratings as:
- Safety. The 2019 Chrysler Pacifica was named a Top Safety Pick by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, and the Voyager might receive equally high marks. It received a five-star rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. A blind spot monitoring system, rear cross path detection, and a parking aid are all standard on the Voyager.
- Reliability. J.D. Power and US News both gave the 2019 Chrysler Pacifica a 3 out of 5 for reliability, putting it in the middle of the pack. The same may be said about the Voyager.
- Recalls. Fiat Chrysler recalled over 200,000 Pacifica vehicles between 2017 and 2019 due to steering concerns, so there’s a potential the 2020 Voyager will be recalled as well.
The Chrysler Voyager, which implies that it’s an excellent all-around automobile, is virtually the same mini-fans as the Chrysler Pacifica. The insurance of Voyager is somewhat greater than typical, but highly valued in safety tests, making a safe decision on the road.
Check out our review of Chrysler Voyager Insurance Rates for one more car insurance review.