Ensuring an Audi A7 costs around $124 per month or $1,488 per year on average, which is about $150 more than the national average of $1,318. Because your location, among other things, impacts the real amount you’ll pay for vehicle insurance, that estimate might be closer to $2,551 if you reside in Michigan or as low as $983 if you live in New Hampshire.
How to compare insurance for the Audi A7
Auto insurance is an essential purchase that most of us hope we never have to use. However, in the case of an accident, having the proper coverage may make your life a lot simpler.
However, buying vehicle insurance may be challenging; many policies sound identical, making it impossible to compare them. Knowing what to search for will help you limit down your selections and receive the coverage you require.
- Price. The cost of vehicle insurance varies greatly between companies. Consider producing a sample policy to serve as a template when collecting quotations in order to correctly evaluate your alternatives. This will help you understand the cost and value of each choice.
- Deductible. You may be able to pick your deductible depending on your provider. In general, a larger deductible can result in cheaper rates, whereas a smaller deductible will necessitate less upfront money at the expense of higher premiums.
- Minimum coverage. Almost every state has its own requirements for minimum vehicle insurance coverage. Above all, make sure your state’s minimums are satisfied before you hit the road.
- Additional coverage. Personal injury protection and medical expenses coverage are just two of the numerous extra coverage choices available from certain providers. If these alternatives are essential to you, look for an insurance who can give the extra coverage you require.
- Extras. If accident forgiveness, roadside help, and other extras are essential to you, make sure to include them in your sample policy while looking for a carrier who can cover you.
- Restrictions. Before selecting a policy or provider, be aware of any limits. This can help you prevent refused claims or coverage gaps.
- Manufacturer offers or loyalty discounts. Before selecting an insurer, find out if Audi has any agreements with insurance companies. This may grant access to loyalty programs or special deals.
- Warranty. To prevent paying for overlapping coverage, find out what is covered by your manufacturer’s or extended warranty.
What factors affect car insurance rates for Audi A7?
Insurance companies evaluate your risk and rates depending on a variety of factors. Though your location and driving history might influence the cost of auto insurance, the vehicle you drive has a significant impact. Safety features, crash test ratings, theft statistics, and many other factors are considered, which is why the price may vary so greatly depending on your car. Here are a few vehicle-specific elements that may influence the cost of Audi A7 auto insurance.
- Body type. The A7 is a four-door coupe that is intended for daily driving and other informal purposes. Because it is unlikely to be driven off-road or at high speeds, it poses a lower-than-average risk of accident.
- Type of car. Because the A7 is classified as a premium car, the cost of auto insurance may rise because its features are more expensive to build, fix, or replace.
- Theft. Despite being a four-door car, the A7 is classified as a coupe owing to its appearance. Because sedans are the most commonly stolen kind of car, this categorization might help you save money on auto insurance.
- Repairs. Though parts and labor should be simple to come by, repairs may be costly due to the A7’s status as a premium vehicle. This may have an effect on the cost of vehicle insurance.
- Safety ratings. The A7, like other Audi vehicles, has excellent crash test scores and safety features. This might save you money in the form of cheaper rates or vehicle insurance discounts.
How do trim packages and extra build options affect insurance cost?
The way your car is designed contributes to the high cost of auto insurance in part. Every car has a unique collection of safety features, collision-prevention technologies, damage mitigation systems, and other characteristics.
Providers examine your vehicle’s characteristics, including the trim and extras you’ve chosen, when assessing your risk and setting your premiums. Because trim and packages can impact performance and crash worthiness, your construction selections may have an impact on your rates. Here’s how to do it:
- Prestige 3.0 TFSI. The Prestige package includes a corner view camera system as well as other features that may improve visibility. This might help you save money on your insurance.
Packages and options
- Driver assistance package. This package includes adaptive cruise control, lane assistance, improved highlights, and other features. Lower rates may result from greater visibility and accident avoidance.
- Competition package. Sport suspension, a sport rear differential, and other performance characteristics may enhance handling and lower vehicle insurance costs.
- S line sport package. While the majority of the improvements in this package are largely cosmetic, the improved suspension may enhance handling while lowering your premiums.
- Rear-passenger airbags. Including this added safety element can help to limit harm and damage in the case of a collision, which might lead to lower insurance rates.
- Wheel locks. Wheel locks may greatly reduce the likelihood of your wheels being stolen, and many suppliers will grant discounts for having them fitted.
Audi A7 money-saving safety features
If your Audi A7 has these safety features, you may be able to save money on car insurance.
- Daytime running lights
- Anti-lock brakes
- Anti-theft device
- Surround camera system
- Parking sensors
- Rear back-up sensors
- LED fog lights
- Electronic stability control
- Seatbelt pretensioners
Does the Audi A7 qualify for auto insurance discounts?
Depending on whatever carrier you pick, your vehicle may be eligible for certain auto insurance savings. The actual reductions you receive, however, may vary based on your region, provider, selections, and other variables. Here are a few examples that should be applicable to the Audi A7:
- New car discount
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Passive restraint discount (Airbags, motorized seat belts, etc.)
- Emergency roadside assistance discount
How reliable is the Audi A7?
Audi cars are usually regarded as mediocre in terms of dependability. While many of Audi’s other sedans and coupes receive favorable reviews, the A7 is a cut above. The 2018 Audi A7 receives a 4/5 star rating from U.S. News and J.D. Power, which is higher than the majority of vehicles in its class. The 2017 model is much better, receiving 4.5 out of 5 stars. Other sources and internet evaluations offer the latest versions of the A7 high dependability ratings as well.
The Audi A7 is a very new automobile, having just been on the market since 2010. As a result, the majority of difficulties are linked with early generations of this car, when Audi was still ironing out the kinks. Here are a few examples of recent recalls:
- 2017: A small number of 2017 Audi A7s were recalled due to problems with the passenger, side, and window airbags not deploying correctly.
- 2016: The 2017 airbag recall also affected certain 2016 models.
- 2015: Some 2015 Audi A5 vehicles were also affected by the aforementioned airbag recall, however the majority of the issues involved the head curtain airbag.
- 2012-2013: A handful of Audi A7 models from 2012 to 2013 were recalled owing to gasoline leaks caused by a faulty fuel injection mechanism. Some vehicles were also recalled owing to a problem with the Passenger Occupant Detection System, which might prevent the passenger-side airbags from deploying in the event of a collision.
The Audi A7 receives practically no frequent criticism. Despite the fact that it is a recent vehicle, Audi did not take long to resolve any recurrent difficulties. On the 2012 model, there have been allegations of faulty steering, early tire wear, and screeching brakes, although these concerns appear to have been rectified over time.
Ready to get started?
We’ve got you covered.
How safe is the Audi A7?
While the majority of Audi vehicles have excellent crash test scores, the A7 has yet to be assessed by the IIHS, NHTSA, or J.D. Power at the time of writing. It does, however, come standard with a number of excellent safety features and optional safety features that may help you save money on vehicle insurance.
Audi A7 maintenance
The Audi A7 is a premium Sportback/coupe that is intended for daily use. This vehicle was designed with comfort and convenience in mind, whether it is used for family vacations, commuting, or anything else. Its design necessitates less maintenance, allowing you more miles on the road and less time in the shop. Routine maintenance, on the other hand, may assist maintain your car in outstanding shape. Here’s what you should know:
- Every 10,000 miles or 12 months, Audi advises an oil change, whichever comes first. Oil changes might cost between $75 and $150, however it depends on the location and time since your previous oil shift.
- Under the Audi maintenance plan for 2017 your A7 should be replenished at 10,000 miles and every 20,000 miles afterwards for minor repair. Following the first 20,000 milles and every 20,000 miles after the original service arrangement, standard maintenance is required.
- The 2017 Audi A7 2.0 TFSI is 24 miles a gallon on average, with 21 in the city and 29 on the road.
- Audi urges the owners to return their A7 to a dealer, however if you take it elsewhere they will not cancel your warranty. However, you should bring your car to the official Audi repair dealer if your vehicle is part of a recall.
- A 4-year, 50000-mile, and four years of round-the-clock support are available for the 2017 Audi A7.
Is an extended warranty worth it for the Audi A7?
If you wish to explore extending coverage while the Audi A7 has a basic four-year, 50- 000 mile guarantee. You may do so by buying the guarantee, which is accessible as soon as your original guarantee expires. Audi Certified Plus The guarantee.
This is a two more years option, or up to 50,000 more miles, which extends manufacturers’ coverage up to a total of 100,000. The extended warranty might be a smart option if you intend on owning your A7 for a long time or want to preserve a resale value.
About the Audi A7
Since 2010, the Audi A7 is in production. Acknowledging that, due to its performance, luxury and practicality, the Audi A7 is number 3 among the top premium big vehicles. The 2017 model has not been assessed for safety by the National Highway Traffic Safety Authority or the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
In accordance with security ratings, theft rates, replacement prices, and general susceptibility to damage, insurance firms calculate the insurance premiums of an Audi A7. Insurance costs may vary according to your motoring history and area. If you contemplate an Audi A7, collect quotations from a variety of insurance firms before committing to obtain the lowest feasible rate. Do your homework to discover whether you are entitled to insurance rebates.
The Audi A7 is a luxury car that has been built as a daily driver both for comfort and comfort. Due to the high safety requirements and the minimal danger of robbery, the design and categorization of its four-door coupe might save your vehicle insurance. However, there are several more elements that might influence your rates and it is necessary to evaluate your alternatives in order to choose a policy suited to your condition.
Compare Audi competitors
Would you want to see what else? Learn about Audi’s other products or explore Audi competitors’ related automobiles.
Visit our review of BMW Insurance Cost.