The Aston Martin DB11 is a two-door grand tourer offered in coupe or convertible body styles. This high-end car is built for speed and performance, which accounts for the vehicle’s $200,000 MSRP. Aston Martin’s six-figure price tag and luxury appearance are just two of the many reasons that vehicle insurance costs around $7,800 per year — approximately six times the national average.
However, it includes a suite of safety and driver-assistance technologies that may help lower its insurance costs. To obtain a quotation, sort auto insurance firms according to your state.
How do I compare insurance for Aston Martin DB11?
The Aston Martin DB11 is a premium sports car with top-of-the-line equipment and styling, which makes insurance extremely costly. While most major insurers cover Aston Martins, you may get more specialized coverage via a high-performance vehicle insurance company.
Whichever choice you pick, each provider takes specific variables into account when determining your coverage costs.
- Body type. Insurance for two-door coupes such as the DB11 is more expensive than for four-door sedans.
- Fuel. The DB11 is powered by a gas engine, which is often less expensive to insure than diesel or hybrid engines.
- Theft rates. The Aston Martin DB11 is equipped with robust anti-theft measures and is not a popular target for theft, which may assist decrease insurance costs.
- Maintenance. Due to the high cost of maintenance and repairs on this car, anticipate paying a higher premium.
- Coverage. With a vehicle this uncommon and costly, you’re likely to want collision and comprehensive coverage, which can significantly boost your insurance costs.
- Insurer options. While you may obtain coverage from major carriers, you can save money by working with a company that specializes in luxury vehicle insurance.
- Warranty. Although the DB11 comes with a three-year or unlimited mileage guarantee, you may wish to explore extra coverage, such as an extended warranty or mechanical breakdown coverage.
- Safety. Because this vehicle is manufactured in tiny quantities, it is unlikely to undergo crash testing, which may add to the high cost of insurance.
Why is insurance so expensive for the Aston Martin DB11?
The Aston Martin DB11 is more expensive to insure because insurance companies see two-doors as sports vehicles that are more likely to be involved in an accident. If your automobile is involved in an accident, better-quality parts and a more involved repair process contribute to the higher rates for this UK-built car.
Ready to get started?
We’ve got you covered.
Does the Aston Martin DB11 qualify for auto insurance discounts?
While the Aston Martin DB11 is a high-performance vehicle that is costly to insure, it may qualify for the following auto insurance reductions.
- Anti-theft device
- Anti-lock brakes
- Stability control
- Seatbelt pretensioners
How reliable is the Aston Martin DB11?
Although Aston Martins are designed with safety in mind, they have not been crash-tested because of their limited availability.
- Safety. Due to the limited production of about 1,000 Aston Martin DB11s, the vehicle has not been subjected to NHTSA or IIHS crash testing. It does, however, come standard with several airbags and driver aid systems.
- Reliability. Although the DB11 lacks official dependability ratings, other from minor paint defects and a few unusual clutch difficulties, there do not appear to be many frequent problems with this car..
- Recalls. Certain 2017–2018 DB11 Coupe vehicles were recalled owing to an unexpected deployment of the front airbags caused by a defective steering column. Additionally, a recall was issued for some 2017 vehicles due to an improperly calibrated tire pressure monitoring system.
The Aston Martin DB11 is a luxury grand touring car built to the highest standards. Its opulent look, six-figure price tag, and lack of safety ratings are just a few of the numerous reasons why insurance is so expensive. You may, however, be able to get more cheap coverage with the appropriate provider and auto insurance discounts.
Comparing Aston Martin car insurance prices for different models or comparing your insurance choices will help you choose a provider and coverage that meets your needs.
Check out our review of Bentley Insurance Cost for another car insurance review.