The Acura NSX is a premium sports car that is very inexpensive to insure for such a high-end vehicle. An Acura NSX’s average insurance cost is $191 per month or $2,292 per year. The yearly insurance cost–to–base automobile price ratio is 1.5 percent with a base price of $156,000, which is much lower than the national average of 4 percent. To receive a quote, sort automobile insurance firms by state.
Acura Car Insurance Rates & Cost
[display-posts tag=”acura” exclude_current=”true” orderby=”title” posts_per_page=”50″]
How to compare insurance for the Acura NSX
Compare your choice to discover the best provider and coverage for your circumstance regardless of what car you drive. But you could believe that all alternatives are the same when it comes to it. Here are a few factors you should take into account while comparing the Acura NSX car insurance:
- Price. NSX is a major purchase which makes choosing the correct policy even more crucial. Instead, establish how much coverage you need, then search around at the greatest price instead of taking a price-based selection.
- Deductible. Repairing NSX might be costly, so you don’t really want to be on the bill hook. Find an insurance that fits your budget with a deductible. If it’s too expensive and you can spend too little out of your pocket and finally you can get bigger fees.
- Minimum coverage. Minimum coverage across states varies. Ensure that your coverage satisfies the requirements of your State.
- Additional coverage. Some insurance companies include extra coverage, such as personal injury or uninsured motorist coverage. If this is a top concern for you, be sure your provider offers choices.
- Extras. Whether you want extra coverage for your costly tires and rims or no-deductible glass repairs, make sure to look into the extra coverage choices offered by each carrier.
- Restrictions. Because the NSX is a sports automobile, some suppliers may place limitations on what you can and cannot do with it. In order to avoid breaking the terms of your insurance and losing coverage, inquire about limits.
- Manufacturer offer or loyalty discount. Discounts or special deals may be available from some manufacturers through specialized suppliers. Check with Acura and any possible providers to determine if any of them are applicable to you.
- Warranty. Check with your manufacturer to ensure that there is no overlap between the manufacturer’s warranty and your provider’s extended coverage choices.
- Expertise. Some companies specialize in exotic automobile insurance, which is created specifically for vehicles such as the Acura NSX. These providers may be able to provide better rates, expanded coverage, or other features that are appropriate for this type of car.
What factors affect car insurance for Acura NSX?
The cost of automobile insurance is influenced by a number of things. Whether you’re looking for insurance for an Acura NSX or a Mini Cooper, these are some of the factors insurance companies examine when establishing your rate:
- Body type. The body style of your car has a significant impact on the cost of insurance. The NSX’s athletic appearance is costly to build, which means it may be more expensive to insure than a sedan or SUV.
- Type of car. The NSX is a high-end sports vehicle, which may imply a higher risk of crashes due to its design and power.
- Theft. Despite the fact that sedans are the most commonly stolen kind of car.
- Repairs. The NSX contains intricate features and costly parts that may make maintenance difficult. This may increase the cost of insurance since repairs may require an expert technician and components may be harder to locate.
- Safety ratings. While Acura is well-known for its excellent safety ratings, the NSX is a sports vehicle that lacks the active safety systems featured on the premium Acura RLX. This might raise the cost of insurance.
- Usage. When you insure a car or SUV, most insurers anticipate you to use it for commuting or doing errands. However, insurers may charge a premium for an exotic car like the NSX since it may be driven more for pleasure, which may raise the chance of an accident.
- Engine type. Hybrid and electric cars can be more expensive to insure since parts are more expensive and service may necessitate the use of a qualified technician.
How do trim packages and extra build options affect insurance cost?
The trim and options on your Acura NSX might affect the cost of vehicle insurance. You may see a rate reduction if you select items that make your car safer to drive.
If you opt to improve your engine or add a sports package, the extra power may result in higher rates. The following are some of the Acura NSX packages:
- Brakes. This option may give superior stopping power, but with a price tag of over $10,000, it may also boost your rates to reflect the rise in the value of your automobile.
- Wheels. Upgraded wheels give your Acura NSX a sharper look, but at $10,000, you may wind up spending more for insurance.
- Sports package. This lightweight, aerodynamic package contributes to increased performance, which may boost insurance costs.
- Technology package. This package includes a variety of technologies that improve the driving experience, such as proximity sensors, which may cut your rates by decreasing your chance of collision.
- Wheel locks. These locks make it much more difficult for thieves to steal your wheels, and many insurance companies will give you a discount if you have them fitted.
Acura NSX safety features that save money
If your Acura NSX has these safety features, you may be able to save money on car insurance.
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights
- Proximity sensors
- Wheel locks
Is the Acura NSX eligible for car insurance discounts?
Many companies may provide you a discount based on the vehicle you cover. While precise savings may vary based on your region, provider, and other factors, the following should apply to the Acura NSX:
- New car discount
- Anti Lock brake discount
- Antitheft discount
- Passive restraint discount — airbags, motorized seat belts
- Usage or low mileage discount
- Emergency roadside assistance discount
Ready to get started?
We’ve got you covered.
How reliable is the Acura NSX?
Acura is known for producing dependable automobiles, and the NSX is no different. Most exotic automobiles are not intended to be used as everyday drives since they are rough, noisy, and require extensive maintenance.
The Acura NSX is a different tale. It is comfortable, dependable, and ideal for repeated usage.
There have been no recalls on 2017 Acura NSX vehicles as of August 2021. Acura, on the other hand, issued a service notice to fix a defective thermostat that caused the engine coolant to overheat.
Acura recalled 3.7 million 1991 NSXs in 2005 due to defective seat belt buckle buttons, and in 2020 recalled 2018-2019 NSX vehicles due to malfunctioning fuel pumps.
What about the Acura NSX’s safety?
Acura cars are often regarded as extremely safe. While the NSX is no exception, keep in mind that it is a performance car, which means it may have fewer safety features than Acura MDX versions. However, the following are some of the safety measures you may anticipate:
- Anti Lock brakes. This function detects when a tire stops rotating when braking and adjusts brake pressure to allow the tire to rotate, allowing you to turn while braking.
- Stability control. This function lowers engine power and/or applies brakes to assist the driver in maintaining vehicle control.
- Front-impact airbags. These airbags are intended to protect the driver and passenger’s heads in the event of a frontal collision.
- Side-impact airbags. Front seat side-impact airbags protect the torso in the event of a side impact collision.
- Overhead airbags. In the case of a side accident or rollover, this function is utilized to protect the occupants’ heads.
- Knee airbags. In the case of a collision, these airbags aid to protect the occupants’ lower bodies.
- Pretensioners. This function tightens seatbelts automatically to assist occupants in properly bracing for a crash.
- Security system. The car has a system that detects break-ins or theft. The car has a mechanism that prevents the engine from starting if the right original factory key is not used.
Acura NSX maintenance
As is the case with most exotic vehicles, the NSX requires some care to keep it running smoothly and for as long as feasible. What to Expect When Purchasing an Acura NSX:
- The Maintenance Minder software notifies you when it is time to service your NSX. This covers routine maintenance such as oil changes and coolant additions.
- A technician will charge around $100 for an oil change on an Acura NSX, whereas a licensed Acura dealer would charge between $150 and $200.
- The 2017 Acura NSX has a combined fuel economy of 21 miles per gallon in the city and on the interstate.
- Because the NSX is more sophisticated than other Acura models, you may want to consider having it serviced at an authorized Acura dealership. However, if you want to move elsewhere, your warranty will remain intact.
- Acura offers a four-year/50,000-mile standard warranty and a six-year/70,000-mile powertrain warranty for the 2017 Acura NSX. Acura, on the other hand, provides a variety of extended warranty choices.
What about an Acura NSX extended warranty?
While Acura is known for its reliability, the NSX is a high-performance vehicle that can take a hammering. While the basic warranty is excellent, for such a costly vehicle, you may want to consider purchasing an extended warranty in the event that something goes wrong after the first warranty term expires. Acura provides several extended warranty options on its other vehicles, but you’ll need to contact your dealer for details on the NSX’s extended warranty.
About the Acura NSX
The Acura NSX debuted in 1991 and was retired in 2005 before making a triumphant comeback in 2017. The automobile was meant to resemble a vintage sports car while incorporating cutting-edge technology for an exceptional driving experience. The 2017 Acura NSX is the only supercar designed and built in the United States.
Insurance providers calculate the cost of insurance for the Acura NSX based on the vehicle’s safety and theft ratings, replacement prices, and general susceptibility to damage. Insurance costs vary according to a driver’s driving history and area.
If you’re contemplating an Acura NSX, obtain estimates from various insurance providers to ensure you’re paying the lowest rate available. Conduct research to determine whether you are eligible for insurance savings.
The Acura NSX will cost around $1,000 more to insure than the national average, but that is roughly what you would spend to cover an Acura MDX. In any case, your actual prices may vary depending on your age, region, and a few other variables.
While maintenance costs will be higher, insuring an Acura NSX is not prohibitively costly, especially if you choose a company that specializes in high-performance or exotic car insurance. Compare your alternatives before settling on a provider and policy to ensure you get the coverage you need at a price that suits your budget.
Check out our review of Mercedes-Benz A-Class Car Insurance Cost for additional car insurance review.