Where can I obtain car insurance as an out-of-state college student?

I’m a college student from Nevada going to school in Los Angeles, where can I obtain car insurance?

You can keep your insurance in Nevada as long as your primary residence is still in the state, according to the rules.

When you are going to school, you just want to be certain that your insurance policy has the right limitations.

California has a minimum liability limit of 15/30 ($15,000 for a single person injury or death; $30,000 for multiple person injury or death) and a maximum liability limit of $5 million ($500,000 for property damage). You may continue to have California coverage as long as your limits exceed the amount specified in the policy.