USAA Insurance Company offers excellent service and competitive rates on auto and home insurance to individuals who qualify for coverage. Take a look below at our USAA Insurance Review, which may be of use to you.
USAA Pros and Cons
- Numerous coverage and benefit choices
- Premiums that are affordable
- Limited eligibility
Who is eligible for USAA coverage?
USAA membership and insurance coverage are generally available to active service and retired military personnel – as well as certain family members. USAA is one of the highest-rated insurance firms largely due to its exclusivity, which enables it to focus exclusively on a small number of consumers. After obtaining a USAA membership, users may purchase insurance and take advantage of the numerous member perks and savings.
USAA membership is completely free and comes with a slew of benefits. To learn more about USAA insurance eligibility, please contact 800-531-USAA (8722) or see the more full eligibility breakdown below.
We deep dive into this more over here…
Who can join USAA?
You must be an active, retired, or separated veteran to qualify for USAA membership and insurance coverage (with an Honorable discharge from the U.S. military). Individuals who served in the Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, National Guard, Coast Guard, or Army Reserve are eligible.
Pre-commissioned officers such as officer candidates and contractual cadets or midshipmen enrolled in a United States Service Academy, prep school, or ROTC program are also eligible for participation.
The following family members are eligible for USAA membership:
- USAA members’ widows, widowers, and unremarried ex-spouses
- Children of USAA members
- Step-children of USAA members
USAA car insurance ratings
USAA presently boasts among the greatest overall customer and claim satisfaction ratings in the business. We’ll examine our ratings, price statistics, and policy options below to see whether USAA auto insurance is a good fit for you.
- Claims satisfaction — Excellent. According to the most recent J.D. Power research, USAA was one of the highest-rated firms in terms of claim satisfaction.
- Customer satisfaction — Excellent. J.D. Power ranked USAA towards the top of the list for overall vehicle insurance customer satisfaction.
- Financial strength — Superior. AM Best’s “Superior” financial strength rating demonstrates USAA’s strong capacity to pay claims.
- NAIC Rating — Excellent. In comparison to the industry median, the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) received comparatively few consumer complaints about USAA vehicle insurance.
Where is USAA car insurance available?
USAA is available in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
USAA auto insurance coverage options
USAA provides a range of standard vehicle insurance coverage choices, including liability, uninsured motorist, collision, and comprehensive. Below are examples of USAA’s typical prices, as well as some unusual coverage options and add-ons available to policyholders.
USAA extended benefits
This insurance policy compensates for lost income, necessary disability assistance, and death payments in the case of an accident.
USAA roadside assistance
This extra coverage includes lockout assistance, petrol delivery, tire changes, and towing if your car is unable to start.
This is a tiered coverage that reimburses you for rental car expenditures based on your coverage tier selection. If your vehicle is damaged as a result of a covered loss, which does not include normal maintenance, you can utilize this coverage for a specified period of time and up to a specified sum, depending on your coverage level.
If you are a USAA client and remain accident-free for five years, your rate will not rise following your first at-fault accident. For further information on how accident forgiveness works, go here.
USAA insures Uber and Lyft drivers. According to the company’s website, ridesharing coverage is available for as little as $6 per month. However, this coverage is not accessible in every state.
More affordable insurance is out there!
Thousands of users saved up to $79 per month on their insurance.Prices vary based on your driving history, location, age, gender, etc.
USAA membership auto insurance benefits
One of USAA’s major perks is its membership benefits. The following are some of the automobile-related advantages included with a USAA membership.
USAA membership benefits: Car loans
USAA assists its members in three ways when it comes to auto loans:
- Loan flexibility. Monthly payments on new automobiles can be reduced by up to 84 months.
- Waived application fee
- Affordable rates. If you take advantage of USAA’s Car Buying Service — which is detailed below — you can save money on your USAA auto loan.
In addition to these perks, USAA assists members in terminating lease contracts on leased cars and offers special financing for disabled vehicles.
USAA car buying service
USAA’s automobile purchasing service assists members in the following ways:
- Discounted prices. A certified dealer gives a lower price on the car, which includes waived dealer fees and other offers.
- Dealership comparison. USAA members may compare the pricing of identical models from thousands of dealers to get the best bargain.
- Price comparison. USAA illustrates the pricing difference between USAA members and non-members for the same make/model.
USAA bonus cash offers
USAA partners with automakers to provide upfront discounts. USAA members may qualify for thousands of dollars in savings on new vehicles purchased via USAA, depending on the business. The following are the advertised savings:
- Up to $1,000 off Jeep
- Up to $1,000 off Dodge
- Up to $1,000 off RAM
- Up to $4,500 off Mercedes-Benz
- Up to $1,000 off BMW
USAA car buying tools
Once you’ve found the automobile of your dreams, USAA’s membership services can assist you in budgeting appropriately:
- Auto loan calculator
- Monthly cost breakdown calculator
USAA insurance discounts
USAA members receive a variety of discounts. Several highlights are included here..
Discounts for safe driving
- Safe driver discount. This is true for drivers who have been accident-free for at least five years.
- Defensive driving. This is true for drivers who have successfully completed a defensive driving course.
- Driver training. Young drivers (under the age of 21) may qualify for a discount if they have completed a basic driving education course.
- Good student. Students who obtain a GPA greater than 3.0 are eligible for a discount.
- New vehicle. Applicable to cars that are less than three years old.
- Multi-vehicle. Only applicable to policies covering two or more cars.
- Annual mileage. You may qualify for a reduction on your coverage based on your mileage.
- Vehicle storage. If your car is in storage, you may qualify for a premium decrease of up to 60%.
- Family members discount. If your parents were USAA members, you will receive a 10% discount on your personal USAA insurance..
- Length of membership savings. USAA promotes that you may save money by being a customer by delivering competitive insurance prices.
- Military installation discount. If you park your vehicle on a military post, you may save 15% on comprehensive coverage.
USAA car insurance cost vs. Competitors
- USAA. $106
- GEICO. $94
- Progressive. $104
- State Farm. $108
- National Avg. $124
USAA bundling options
Bundling vehicle insurance with homes or renters insurance typically results in a multi-policy discount. USAA members have access to a diverse range of supplementary insurance options.
Consider some of the most popular choices below.
- Pet insurance
- Boat and watercraft
- Off Road vehicles and ATVs
- Classic car insurance
- Farm and ranch
- Small Business
How to cancel a USAA policy
Simply contact 1-800-531-8722 and seek termination of your USAA coverage. Similarly, you may send a written request for cancellation to the following address:
9800 Fredericksburg Rd.
San Antonio, TX 78288
In conclusion, USAA is an excellent choice for many active-duty servicemen and women, retired military personnel, and their families, with the company’s online experience being one of the few disadvantages.