Amica Mutual Insurance Company, based in Rhode Island, provides many forms of coverage and is well-known for its excellent customer service. Amica provides a wide range of coverage choices as well as a variety of discounts to customers.
Is Amica Insurance a good fit for you? Check out our Amica Mutual Insurance Company review to learn more about Amica’s insurance plans and overall client satisfaction.
Amica Mutual Insurance Review of 2021
- JD Power Rating — Above average: Amica got an above-average JD Power rating for overall customer service, making it one of the higher-rated auto insurance providers.
- Financial strength — Superior: A financial strength grade of “superior” indicates that Amica is financially sound and has a good ability to pay claims.
- NAIC Rating — More complaints than average: The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) received significantly more consumer complaints about Amica than the industry average.
Amica car insurance coverage options
Amica provides standard vehicle insurance coverage options such as liability (bodily injury and property damage), comprehensive, collision, and uninsured motorist. Several of Amica’s solutions, on the other hand, go beyond the fundamentals. Amica takes pride in providing coverage choices that are not generally available from other big carriers. Consider the following list.
Amica can assist you if you are experiencing automobile difficulties. The following services are offered by the side of the road:
- Towing (non-accident)
- Flat tire changing
- Dead battery jump start
- Fuel delivery
- Help to unlock doors
This coverage pays for the cost of a rental automobile in the event of a collision. While state laws vary, most insurance covers rental fees up to $20 per day, up to a maximum of $600.
Services unique to Amica
- Free lock replacement service if you lose your keys
- Free repair of damaged glass
- Free repair of deployed airbags
- There will be no depreciation on your new vehicle if it is totaled (must be owned less than one year)
- Compensation for lost wages incurred as a result of court appearances
- Bail bonds of up to $1,000
Platinum Choice Auto
This is a premium coverage option available to policyholders. It includes the following additional advantages not included in ordinary plans.
Amica calculates discounts and other good driver awards using “Advantage Points.” You begin earning points when you purchase — or renew — a policy, suggest friends to the firm, or complete a year of safe driving. These points can be utilized to lower or eliminate your deductible or to stave off rate increases following a claim.
Full glass coverage
While this varies by state, in the majority of situations, this coverage pays for the whole cost of repairing or replacing your windows or windshield. Additionally, the deductible for any damage charges is waived.
Identity fraud monitoring
This coverage includes information-monitoring services that keep an eye on your personal data. Amica checks clients’ credit files 24 hours a day and notifies them within 24 hours of any odd behavior. If there is an issue, Amica offers support from professionals skilled in fraud prevention.
Prestige rental coverage
If your insured vehicle is involved in an accident, Amica will reimburse you up to $5,000 (with no daily limit) for a similar rental automobile.
Your car can qualify you for a number of Amica discounts:
- Anti-theft. If your car is equipped with approved anti-theft equipment, such as a vehicle recovery system or alarm, you can save money.
- Passive restraint. You may qualify for a discount if your car is equipped with airbags.
- Adaptive headlight. You can save money if your car is equipped with specifically designed lamps that make driving at night safer.
- Electronic stability. Electronic stability control (ESC) characteristics can result in significant cost savings.
- Forward-collision warning. This discount is available if your car has collision-avoidance features.
These savings are directly proportional to the driver’s conduct. Consider how your decisions can help you save money.
- Defensive driver training. You may save money by enrolling in an authorized defensive driving course.
- Driver training. By enrolling in approved driver instruction programs, young drivers can save money.
- Good Student. College and high school students between the ages of 15 and 25 with a minimum “B” average are eligible for a discount.
- Student away at school. You may save money when your full-time student is away at school and without a car.
More affordable insurance is out there!
Thousands of users saved up to $79 per month on their insurance.Prices vary based on your driving history, location, age, gender, etc.
Amica dividend policy
Amica is unique in that it maintains a so-called dividend policy. This policy pays a payout equal to a part of your premiums paid. Annual payments generally range between 5% and 20% of your annual premium.
While this coverage may cost more upfront, it will likely save you money in the long term. Dividend payments can be made in the following ways:
- Mailed check
- Automatic direct deposit
- Applied toward future premiums
Is Amica car insurance right for you?
Amica offers a plethora of useful functions for the everyday motorist. With a high rating for customer satisfaction, it appears as though they go above and beyond to look after their policyholders. If you require other coverage types, such as a house, renters, or life insurance, the business may be able to assist you. Rates vary by state, so if you’re in the market for vehicle coverage, it pays to shop around for the lowest insurance rates and plans.
Bear in mind that your credit score, driving history, and prior insurance claims will all impact your premiums, so shopping for auto insurance should be a regular activity.
For another car insurance review, visit our review of American Family Insurance Review.