In our research of Allstate, we discovered that the company’s prices are frequently higher than those of similarly-sized competitors offering a comparable variety of coverage alternatives. While Allstate provides additional advantages and incentives to policyholders (such as a rewards program and bonus checks for safe driving), the motorist must finally determine whether Allstate is worth the price.
Pros and Cons of Allstate Insurance
- The breadth and depth of coverage options and benefits
- Excellent financial strength, which coincides with the capacity of the firm to pay claims.
- Consumer complaints are few.
- Overall cost: Allstate’s vehicle and home insurance policies are regularly more expensive than those of rival insurers.
- Premiums are prohibitively high for young drivers and those with recent traffic citations or accidents.
- The selection of discounts available for homeowners insurance may be inadequate.
Allstate insurance review
Whether you’re an existing Allstate client or a prospective customer wanting to switch, selecting a reputable insurance provider to protect you and your car — while also obtaining the cheapest price — may be a struggle each time your policy comes up for renewal.
Allstate is frequently given favorable ratings by recognized third-party rating agencies. Allstate’s recent review of its claims satisfaction, financial outlook, and national complaint ratio (shown below) revealed that the business received fewer complaints than the national median while maintaining the robust finances necessary for paying policyholder claims.
- Claims satisfaction (J.D. Power) — Above average: Allstate received above-average ratings in the most recent J.D. Power claims satisfaction study.
- Customer satisfaction (J.D. Power) — Average: J.D. Power rates Allstate as average in overall customer satisfaction.
- Financial strength — Excellent: A.M. Best assigned Allstate an A+ financial strength rating. The financial strength of an insurance business shows its capacity to pay claims.
- NAIC Rating — Excellent: In the previous year, the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) received less complaints about Allstate than the industry average.
Where is Allstate car insurance available?
Allstate vehicle insurance is offered in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
Allstate car insurance coverage options
Allstate offers a broad range of insurance coverage choices, including liability insurance, comprehensive and collision insurance, and uninsured motorist coverage. The firm provides a broad range of coverage choices equivalent to those offered by other big insurance companies such as GEICO, State Farm, and Liberty Mutual. Additional features (and advantages) are mentioned below for an Allstate insurance policy. While some of these endorsements may incur an additional price, they may be worth adding to boost your level of road protection.
- Rental reimbursement coverage. This coverage pays for the cost of a rental automobile while your vehicle is being repaired following an accident covered by the policy.
- Sound system coverage. If your vehicle’s audio or video equipment is stolen or destroyed, Allstate will cover the cost of replacing these components.
- Roadside assistance. Allstate offers roadside help in three tiers: membership, pay-per-use, and roadside coverage. Although the membership tier offers the most comprehensive coverage, each tier guarantees 24-hour protection against flat tires and dead batteries.
- Accident forgiveness. Allstate’s accident forgiveness policy assures that your rate will not increase following an accident – regardless of who is at fault. Learn more about forgiving accidents.
- New car replacement. If your new car is less than two model years old, Allstate will replace it with a new one rather than giving a payout for its depreciated worth in the case of a total loss.
- Vanishing deductible. Allstate’s Deductible Rewards program offers a $100 deductible savings for each claim-free year. Drivers may receive up to $500 in deductible reductions. For additional information about disappearing deductibles, go here.
- Allstate Safe Driving Bonus. Allstate’s Safe Driving Bonus program awards safe drivers with a bonus payment in the mail after six months of accident-free driving.
- Allstate Rewards. Allstate Rewards members may earn points for safe driving. Points may be exchanged for gift cards, daily specials, and sweepstakes entries, among other things. To be eligible, you must enroll in one of Allstate’s app-based programs, either Drivewise (telematics-based) or Milewise (mileage-based) (pay-per-mile car insurance).
- Allstate car buying service. Policyholders of Allstate who are in the market for a new vehicle may utilize this service. Allstate claims to offer guaranteed savings in addition to free car reports and access to a network of authorized auto dealers through its partnership with TrueCar.
Allstate now offers ridesharing auto insurance in 47 states and the District of Columbia. Allstate’s ridesharing coverage works in conjunction with Lyft and Uber to safeguard your car during the workday.
- Ride-sharing coverage. Allstate now offers ridesharing automobile insurance in 47 states and the District of Columbia. Allstate’s ridesharing coverage works in partnership with Lyft and Uber to safeguard your car during the workday.
Allstate Mexico car insurance coverage
While you’re United States driver’s license is legal in Mexico, your auto insurance coverage will almost certainly exclude you and your vehicle after you cross the border. Allstate collaborates with Mexican insurance firms to provide coverage to American and Canadian travelers.
Allstate classic car insurance
Insuring a historic automobile requires certain special considerations in order to ensure appropriate coverage. Allstate provides auto insurance for vintage and antique automobiles, as well as customized and custom-built vehicles, with all of the same benefits as a standard auto insurance policy. Continue reading to learn more about classic vehicle insurance.
Allstate + Avail car sharing
Allstate collaborated with Avail car-sharing to provide insurance coverage on every journey for both borrowers and owners. Local vehicle owners may lend out their automobiles to drivers in need through Avail car sharing. Avail takes care of the automobile exchange, insurance, inspection, and cleaning to ensure that all parties have a safe and secure experience.
Allstate comprehensive insurance is included in the daily fee of each automobile to safeguard drivers in the case of a collision. If you are involved in an accident while driving an Avail car, the process is straightforward: if you are not at fault, you pay nothing; if you are at fault, you pay a $500 deductible at the most.
An Allstate claims adjuster determines who is at fault. Before and after each journey, cars are thoroughly inspected to ensure they are in good operating order. Allstate and Avail provide 24-hour roadside assistance and customer service in the event of an accident.
Allstate auto insurance discounts
Allstate provides a variety of options to save money; the magnitude of these reductions is comparable to that of several of Allstate’s rivals. While these reductions are typically fairly minor on their own, they can add up to significantly reduce your total insurance price.
Oftentimes, these reductions are already factored into your rate when you obtain vehicle insurance quotes. Take a look at a complete overview of Allstate’s auto insurance discounts, as well as information on special programs that may offer further savings
Discounts based on the driver or vehicle
- New car discount: When you insure a new vehicle with Allstate, you may qualify for a discount.
- Anti-lock brake discount: Receive a modest discount if your vehicle has anti-lock brakes.
- Anti-theft device discount: You may be eligible for discounts if you drive a vehicle fitted with an anti-theft system.
- Good student discount: Student discounts are available to full-time, unmarried students under the age of 25 with satisfactory grades. Students who reside more than 100 miles from the location of the insured car may also qualify for this discount. If your grades are below average, Allstate offers a way for students to save money: by taking a driving education course.
- Safe driving club: This program entitles you to a discount if you adhere to Allstate’s safe driving standards.
- Student away from home: Allstate offers a student discount to young drivers who attend school more than 100 miles from their reported address.
Discounts based on your policy
- Multiple policy discount: Bundling renters, homeowners, or life insurance with your vehicle insurance qualifies you for a multi-policy discount. Allstate says that combining home and auto insurance saves customers 10% on vehicle insurance and 25% on home insurance.
- EZ pay plan discount: This discount is available if you set up automatic payments from your bank account.
- Allstate eSmart discount: Creating an online account with Allstate going paperless can make paying your car insurance bill quicker and easier and result in some small savings.
- FullPay discount: To qualify for this pay-in-full discount, you must pay the complete price beforehand.
- Early signing discount: To qualify for this Allstate discount, you must sign your policy paperwork at least seven days prior to the policy’s effective date.
- Responsible payer discount: After your first year with Allstate, if you did not get a cancellation notice for non-payment the prior year, you may qualify for a discount.
More affordable insurance is out there!
Thousands of users saved up to $79 per month on their insurance.Prices vary based on your driving history, location, age, gender, etc.
How much does Allstate car insurance cost?
Allstate vs. Competitors
- Allstate. $170
- Farmers. $131
- GEICO. $94
- Nationwide. $90
- Progressive. $104
- State Farm. $108
Allstate bundling options
Bundling vehicle insurance with homes or renters insurance typically results in a multi-policy discount. Extra insurance options from Allstate may be of interest if you have additional assets that might use some protection.
How to cancel an Allstate policy
Allstate encourages consumers interested in terminating their coverage to contact their Allstate insurance agent or phone the company’s customer care number. You may be asked to submit a formal request specifying the date on which you wish to terminate your policy, as well as certain personal information such as your name, address, phone number, and policy details. If you contact Allstate to cancel your insurance, bring a copy of your policy paperwork with you.
Can I cancel my Allstate policy online?
While policyholders may manage their policies online through Allstate, you must contact customer care or insurance agents to cancel it properly.
Allstate online features and app
Allstate’s website enables clients to access extra information about coverage alternatives, other lines of insurance, and a plethora of claim tools.
Additional elements of the Allstate website include the following:
- Free quotes for many types of insurance
- File and manage claims
- Account administration includes the ability to pay bills, examine policy papers, and get proof of insurance cards.
- Find a local agent
Allstate’s mobile app is identical to those of other big businesses in that it enables policyholders to see their digital proof of insurance card, submit photographs for claim submission, pay bills, summon roadside assistance, contact an agent and access policy papers.
These are common features on the mobile apps of the majority of insurance companies, however, Allstate adds a feature called the Digital Locker. This enables policyholders to generate an electronic home inventory of their personal belongings. This can simplify the process of filing claims if such things are damaged or destroyed as a result of a covered loss.