Let’s find out more about AAA (American Automobile Association) before we answer the question, “Is AAA membership worth the cost?”
You have probably had an occasion when you wish you knew more about cars engines, no matter how old or new they are. You may have had to deal with unexpected sounds, flat tires, and battery problems. AAA membership includes roadside assistance to assist you with any car problems.
What you get with AAA
For those who travel often, the roadside assistance plan should be a mandatory requirement. AAA membership offers more than roadside assistance but comes at a higher cost. Discounts on thousands of hotels, vacation packages, auto maintenance and insurance are all part of your AAA membership.
AAA Membership: Is it worth it? AAA Membership Benefits
Is AAA membership worth it? We can confirm that AAA membership is worth it after looking at the benefits.
AAA membership plans have offered a wide range of benefits for their members over the past 119 year. You may also receive a few extra perks with some plans. Call your local AAA club to learn more.
AAA members have the best automobile roadside assistance benefits. Imagine you’re on your way to visit a friend in another city when your car suddenly breaks down. It didn’t work. You had to call a tow truck and cancel the trip.
Your trip is now ruined and the tow truck takes forever to arrive. You would be able to save money if you were a AAA member. You would have called AAA roadside assistance and someone would have arrived to assist you.
AAA offers the following roadside assistance services:
- No cost replacement of tires
- Battery replacement
- If you’ve locked your keys in the car, we can provide emergency locksmith services
- Fuel delivery is free of charge
- Depending on your membership level, you can tow your vehicle anywhere from 100 to 200 miles.
- Assistance with bicycling
AAA membership offers discounts on travel agency services, as well as other travel-related benefits.
AAA Member Discounts
AAA members receive hotel discounts as the second most important benefit. AAA members receive additional benefits from rental car companies with their AAA membership insurance.
Let’s take a look at the discounts AAA offers:
- Hotels like Marriott, Hilton, MGM Resorts and Best Western offer discounts of 5% to 15%
- Group travel discounts, cruise planning and tour bookings, as well as travel guides, are available at a discount
- 20% Discount on Vehicles rented through Hertz
- International driving permits (The cost is $20 per permit).
- Membership to Hertz Gold Plus Rewards – Complimentary
- International maps available for free
- Enjoy Discounts in amusement parks and museums
It’s not true. You know what they say, “The more the merrier.” AAA members can enjoy discounts at Costco and AAA membership renewals. Here are some more:
- Best Buy Discounts for Merchants
- Home insurance and auto loans . AAA Life insurance
- Get discounted movie tickets and flower delivery services
Disney tickets are only a few clicks away with the AAA travel discount For expert advice about your next Disney vacation, contact AAA You can also get a few additional services like:
- Security services for your home
- Services such as oil changes, tire changing, and other auto repairs are available.
- Free identity theft monitoring
- A wide range of AAA DMV services are available: renewal and replacement of driver’s licenses, duplicate learner permit issuance
- 24 hour travel assistance
AAA Membership Fee
The time has come for the answer to the most frequently asked question: How much does AAA membership cost?
AAA membership is available for either monthly or annual fees. The costs vary by state. You can choose a yearly payment by looking at the below price range:
- AAA Classic memberships are $38-$74 per annum and $25-$48 for each additional member.
- AAA Plus membership costs $60-$124 per annum and $34-$80 for each additional member.
- AAA Premier membership costs $77 to $164 annually and $45 to $109 per additional member.
AAA and Insurance
AAA is best known for offering roadside assistance. They also provide insurance and a variety of policy options for their members. AAA members have the following coverage options:
- Coverage for new cars
- Coverage for medical payments
- Insurance for homeowners
- Personal injury coverage
- Only Massachusetts and Rhode Island offer dental insurance
- Insurance for small businesses
AAA Car Insurance Protection
These are the largest auto groups that you have the option to choose from:
- Auto Club Group
- CSAA Insurance Group
- Auto Club of Southern California Insurance Group
AAA Membership Insurance Discounts include safety inspection and the pay-in-full Option. AAA membership insurance has a major drawback: the discounts available to members can vary from one state to another.
The pros and cons of AAA Car Insurance
There are many discounts available. Lease gap coverage is possible. Good financial ratings are available. Additional road trip features like trip interruption insurance are available.
AAA members are eligible for the coverage. There are different discounts and special offers for each state.
Canceling AAA Membership
If you wish to cancel your AAA membership, please call the designated number for your state. You can also visit your local AAA shop if you prefer to cancel in person. Cancellation is possible at any moment. There’s no cancellation fee. However, some customers complained that 10% of their remaining plan balance was charged to them.
Your membership account also allows you to cancel AAA membership.
Can you cancel Automatic Renewal You can cancel Automatic Renewal by calling AAA Member Services.
How do I downgrade my AAA membership?
You can change your AAA membership by either calling AAA Member Services or from your account.
These steps will allow you to downgrade your membership.
- Log in to access your account
- Navigate to the dashboard of your account.
- Click the link to downgrade
Is it worth it?
Is AAA membership really worth it?
We are happy to say “Yes!” AAA membership is a great option for frequent travelers. Hertz Gold Plus Rewards members get 20% off, free Hertz Gold Plus Membership, many roadside services and other benefits, including discounted tickets to Disney and movies.
AAA membership is for those who travel frequently. AAA membership might not suit you if you don’t think you fit the bill.