Esurance Car Insurance, one of the largest insurance companies in the United States, was formed in 1999 in San Francisco, California. This insurance firm offers plans for renters, homeowners, motorcycles, and automobiles. Esurance’s online quotation system promotes quick auto insurance quotes and affordable insurance prices. Let’s examine whether Esurance is a financially stable, claim-satisfied, and customer-satisfied company.
Esurance Ratings for 2021
- Claims satisfaction (J.D. Power) — Average. Esurance had an average rating in the most recent J.D. Power study of claim satisfaction.
- Customer satisfaction (J.D. Power) — Not rated
- Financial strength — Superior. According to AM Best, Esurance has an excellent financial strength rating.
- NAIC Rating — Poor. Esurance received more complaints than the industry average last year via the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC).
Esurance car insurance coverage options
Esurance offers all of the industry’s standard vehicle insurance coverage options. Apart from liability, collision, and comprehensive coverages, Esurance offers a number of other options that are worth considering.
Emergency Road Service (ERS)
If you already have comprehensive and collision coverage with Esurance, you may add this coverage for a little extra cost. It’s accessible through the Esurance mobile app or by phone at 1-888-374-6472.
ERS coverage applies if you need:
- Towing assistance
- Flat tire changes
- Gas, oil, or water delivery
- Battery jump start
- Lockout services
Rental car coverage
This coverage does exactly what it sounds like – it covers rental expenses in the event that your car becomes undriveable. Esurance’s service is unusual in that it covers rental expenses if you are involved in an accident and your automobile is sent to the shop for repairs. The majority of plans give coverage solely in the event of an accident. To qualify for rental car coverage, your insurance must include collision and comprehensive coverage.
If you work as a driver for Lyft or Uber, you may upgrade your insurance to include ridesharing coverage. This coverage would protect you if you were to drive as a rideshare driver. This coverage is only applicable if you are currently employed by Uber or Lyft but have not yet accepted a ride request. Following this point, your Uber or Lyft coverage kicks in.
More affordable insurance is out there!
Thousands of users saved up to $79 per month on their insurance.Prices vary based on your driving history, location, age, gender, etc.
Esurance discounts and reward programs
Esurance offers a variety of programs and prizes designed to assist you in saving money on vehicle insurance. The following are some of their most significant efforts. All insurance discounts and schemes are governed by state law.
- DriveSense. Esurance’s DriveSense service is a usage-based insurance scheme. Esurance tracks your driving habits using your mobile device in order to provide you with a more accurate quote on your insurance. To save money on your insurance, avoid abrupt braking, excessive driving, and late-night journeys. Esurance boasts that DriveSense saves its clients an average of $100 each policy.
- Fast 5 discount. This deal automatically applies a 5% discount to your first Esurance insurance.
- Multi-policy discount. By insuring many lines of business with Esurance, you can qualify for a multi-policy discount. The following are some of the potential combinations for which you may qualify for a discount. This discount applies to each policy maintained with Esurance: Auto and home, Auto and motorcycle, Auto, home, and motorcycle.
- Paid in full. If you can pay your premium in advance, you might save up to 10% on your premium.
- Multi-car discount. This discount is available if you insure more than one car with Esurance.
- Claim-free discount. This discount is available if all drivers on the policy have been claim- and DUI/DWI-free for at least five years and the named driver has at least five years of driving experience.
- Emergency road assistance discount. If you are a member of AAA or another emergency roadside assistance program, you can receive a 5% reduction on your vehicle insurance.
- Online shopper discount. You can get a modest discount on your Esurance insurance if you purchase it online.
- Good driver discount. If you have had a valid driver’s license for three years and have accumulated no more than one point on your driving record, you may qualify for a discount of up to 30% to 40% on your premium.
- Good student discount. This reduction applies to liability, collision, and medical payments coverage. To qualify for this discount, you or another insured driver must be: Full-time student, Under 25 years old, 3.0 GPA or better.
- Defensive driver discount. The terms and conditions of this offer vary per state. Generally, you must be 50 years of age or older and have completed a defensive driving course recognized by the state. Your age is immaterial if you live in New York, New Jersey, Georgia, or Oklahoma. Discounts based on your vehicle’s safety features: Safety device discount, Anti-theft discount and Anti-lock brakes discount
Is Esurance auto insurance a good choice?
Esurance, a subsidiary of Allstate, offers home, vehicle, renters, and motorcycle insurance throughout the United States. To keep premiums reasonable, the firm offers a variety of discounts and savings schemes. Esurance’s DriveSense telematics program encourages safe driving practices by offering customers up to $100 in savings.
The one part of Esurance that we did not discuss in detail was its cost. Car insurance prices are affected by a number of factors, including your location, car, age, and driving history. The only way to determine whether Esurance is the most affordable business for you is to obtain a quotation. Enter your ZIP code below to compare vehicle insurance prices from Esurance and other companies.
For additional car insurance review, check out our review of Arrowhead General Car Insurance Review.