The Polestar 1 is a high-performance car with high insurance costs. Insurance for the Polestar 1 is projected to cost $320 per month or $3,840 per year on average, according to the company.
With an MSRP of $150,000 as a starting point, the price-to-cost ratio is 2.56 percent, which is lower than the national average of 3 percent. While your real cost may vary depending on your location, driving history, 1 trim and options, and other factors, the following are some examples.
What factors affect insurance for the Polestar 1?
Insurance prices for the Polestar 1 are determined by a variety of criteria, including theft rates, vehicle performance, maintenance costs, and other variables that vary by make and model. The 1 is compared to other cars in the following table.
- Type of car.The Polestar 1 is a sedan, which are often less expensive to insure.
- Theft. This vehicle has a low theft rate, which may result in cheaper insurance costs.
- Repairs.This vehicle’s repair costs are ordinary, which generally results in average insurance premiums.
- Safety ratings. This vehicle has a high safety rating, which generally results in lower insurance costs.
- Fuel type. In general, hybrid vehicles are slightly more expensive to insure than vehicles powered by other fuel sources.
- Trim. In general, insurance costs increase as you upgrade to a higher trim level or add additional amenities. The Base trim level is a popular choice for this vehicle, depending on the model year.
- Coverage. For a sedan, you may want to seek a policy that includes the minimum needed coverage in your state, as well as high liability limits and collision and comprehensive coverage. Additionally, the more insurance coverage you have, the higher your insurance premiums will be.
- Warranty. Polestar provides a 48-month / 50,000-mile guarantee on new 1s, as well as roadside support.
- Manufacturer deals. Polestar is now providing discounted rates on 36-month rentals.
What discounts does the Polestar 1 qualify for?
You may be able to save money on your Polestar 1’s vehicle insurance if it comes equipped with specific safety features.
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Passive restraint discount
- Safety device discount
Ready to get started?
We’ve got you covered.
Polestar 1 safety and reliability ratings
The Polestar 1 earns four stars from Edmunds, indicating that it is reasonably safe. Automobiles with high safety ratings typically cost less to insure since they are easier to repair and safer in the event of a collision.
The Polestar 1 is a sedan with a low theft rate and low maintenance requirements, which makes it an expensive vehicle to insure. Comparing auto insurance quotes will help you get the best deal on the coverage you require for your Polestar 1.
For another car insurance review, visit our review of Mercedes-Benz S-Class Insurance Cost.