Land Rover Discovery insurance is generally priced at $227 per month or $2,724 annually. The yearly insurance cost to base price ratio is 5.4 percent, which is somewhat above average.
Why is insurance so expensive for the Land Rover Discovery?
Insurance costs extra for the Land Rover Discovery, as it is a premium vehicle built for off-roading, which increases the chance of accidents and necessitates more repairs.
A luxury SUV, with a premium interior and high-quality components, is somewhat of a rare luxury.
About the Land Rover Discovery
The Land Rover Discovery has been on the market since 1989, and the third-generation model is presently in production. The vehicle was first presented in the U.S. in 1994. In the midsize luxury SUV, a strong engine, roomy interior, and great off-road capability are common characteristics. It was recently revealed that roughly 1.2 million Land Rover Discovery vehicles have been sold since the automobile initially went on sale at the beginning of 2017. In 2016, sales in the U.S. totaled 50,000.
Ready to get started?
We’ve got you covered.
Land Rover Discovery money-saving safety features
Your Land Rover Discovery might help you save money on your vehicle insurance if it includes these additional safety features.
- Anti-lock brakes
- Stability control
- Seatbelt pretensioners
- Anti theft system
Random Land Rover Facts
- Despite being around since 1948, the firm wasn’t established until 1978 with the purchase of the Slough Trading Estate.
- Land Rover specializes in four-wheel drive vehicles, which are all British.
- The Floating Ninety Defender was designed by Land Rover in 1990 so that vehicles could float on water and drive on land.
- In the 1950s, Land Rover introduced the first crossover SUV.
- The basic price of a Land Rover is $38,000, and this increases to $86,000.
How safe is the Land Rover Discovery?
While the Land Rover Discovery has a similar quality and design to other premium vehicles, it has not been tested by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety or the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, which provides safety ratings to automobiles.
For another car insurance review, visit our review of BMW X3 Insurance Cost.