The Fiat 500e is a zippy electric automobile, available in California and Oregon, and nearly double the cost of the Fiat 500, it’s a gas cousin. Fiat’s average insurance cost is $2.484 per year or $207 per week. The higher price tag and electric powertrain are expected to pay a bit extra. This is significantly more than the average national auto insurance premium of $1.300 per year.
How do I compare car insurance for the Fiat 500e?
The rate reflects your driving history, credit rating, location, and driving automobile. The insurers will take into account these criteria for the Fiat 500e:
- Body type. The 500e is a 4-door slut. Because it’s an electric car, it tends to cost less than a luxury automobile than other subcompact cars.
- Fuel. The 500e is equipped with an 8kW electric drive and a single-speed drivetrain. It is 84 kilometers long and has a fuel economy of 121 MPGe for urban travel, and 103 MPGe for motorways.
- Theft rates. Fiat automobiles usually have low rates of theft. Typically, insurers won’t raise your rates if your vehicle is stolen.
- Maintenance. Much of the same elements as prior versions are in the 2019 model. For defective pieces or service problems, Fiat provides a sound warranty policy.
- Coverage. No particular coverage for the 500e has to be purchased. However, with comprehensive coverages or collisions, you may wish to expand your policy.
- Insurer options. Now that electric cars have gone mainstream, finding an operator for insurance Fiat 500e shouldn’t be an issue.
- Warranty. Fiat covers the four-year/50,000-mile limited warranty components of Electric Vehicle (EV). The engine, transmission and on-board charger are part of these elements. The battery is guaranteed by a limited warranty of 8 years/100,000 miles. Read the fine print of your warranty to avoid paying for coverage you do not need.
- Manufacturer offers a unique discount. For qualified consumers, Fiat provides a range of discounts. You can cut the dealer’s invoice by one percent if you work for one of Fiat’s affiliates, such as Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge.
The manufacturer provides a financial refund of up to $1,000 for drivers with persistent impairments, to cover the cost of installation of adapted equipment in your automobile. Finally, the military may win a monetary incentive of $500. Contact your Fiat dealer directly to find out if such incentives apply to you.
Did you know?
The Fiat 500e is also eligible for up to $7.500 in federal tax loans. This incentive from the government can assist compensate for insurance expenses.
Does the Fiat 500e qualify for car insurance discounts?
It’s up to your supplier. Ask the insurer whether these savings apply while comparing coverage:
- New car discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Passive restraint discount
- Automatic wiper discount
Typically, by securing a new vehicle with additional security and safety measures you may save 5 percent to 30 percent.
Ready to get started?
We’ve got you covered.
How reliable is the Fiat 500e?
While Fiats usually have high safety ratings, little information is explicitly available about the 500e.
- Safety. The 500e has not been tested by the National Highway Traffic Safety Authority (NHTSA) or by the Highway Safety Insurance Institute (IIHS). However, Edmunds adds that the car lacks the newest safety and driving support.
- Reliability. The vehicle still has to be classified by the United States News, although Fiats are not the most dependable. The Fiat 500 was one of the least dependable automobiles in 2017.
- Recalls. No recalls or complaints from consumers for the 2019 model have been made yet. Customer testing was also conducted in 2017 and 2018. Drivers complained about the charging cable and the windshield washing machines in earlier years and stated that the car occasionally starts slowly.
The Fiat 500e is an efficient electric car that raises no red flags of insurance even if it has more advanced safety measures. Fiat has a large guarantee program, along with a number of unique incentives that can save you money on long-term maintenance.
For another car insurance review, Visit our review of Mini Insurance Cost.