What are Trailblazer insurance rates like? how do they compare to other SUVs? A small crossover has a higher insurance rate than normal. A Chevy Trailblazer averages $171 monthly in insurance rates, which is around $2,052 annually. This is $750 higher than the national yearly average. The cost-to-base vehicle price ratio is 10% more expensive than the national average of 4%, with a base price of $20,000 in 2021.
How do I compare Trailblazer insurance rates?
You could be able to save up on car insurance because of this vehicle’s characteristics, size, and basic coverage requirements. On the other hand, it’s unclear what actual monetary effect the new model’s features will have. Cost-saving features may include:
- Body type. Traditionally, SUVs were constructed on a mid-size SUV chassis; the Trailblazer 2021, however, is based on a crossover chassis. Regardless of physical type, the premiums for insurance are among the least expensive.
- Fuel. This sporty automobile earns around 26 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway in the 2021 model. This is a higher rating than you may expect for similar SUV models. It also beats previous Trailblazer models, which score 12 mpg in the city and 16 on the highway.
- Engine power. The engine output will be decreased to 137 to 155 horsepower in the 2021 model.
- Theft rates. Across all model years, the Trailblazer theft rate ranges from 1.5 to 2.5 vehicles stolen per 1,000 manufactured. This is almost half the average theft rate for all vehicles, which is 3.6 thefts per 1,000.
- Insurer options. Choosing an insurance company should be straightforward with this well-known car.
- Maintenance. Older Trailblazers have gotten more repair complaints than comparable Chevrolet vehicles on auto repair reporting websites. The most major repair was transmission failure in the 2005 model, which frequently cost owners more than $2,000 to replace.
- Coverage. If you possess an older model, you may be able to save money on a newer automobile by foregoing extras such as comprehensive coverage. If something goes wrong and you need help while driving, you may also require roadside assistance. Otherwise, you can stick to the terms of your car loan.
- Warranty. The Trailblazer 2021 is covered by a three-year or 36,000-mile limited warranty, as well as one scheduled maintenance visit. It also comes with a five-year or 60,000-mile powertrain warranty as well as roadside support.
Does the Chevrolet Trailblazer qualify for discounts?
Yes, you should be eligible for numerous safety discounts if you have the following safety features:
- Antilock brakes
- Antitheft system
- Daytime running lights
Ready to get started?
We’ve got you covered.
How reliable is the Chevrolet Trailblazer?
Overall, the Trailblazer might enhance its dependability. This car has standard or mediocre crash test scores, average long-term reliability, and several recalls on earlier versions. These safety features might result in a higher auto insurance rate.
- Safety. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety gave older vehicles low to acceptable ratings for front and side collisions (IIHS). Although there are no crash test ratings for the 2021 model yet, keep in mind that newer automobiles have additional safety features.
- Reliability. Older versions, such as the 2009 Trailblazer, have a dependability rating of 3 out of 5 stars from J.D. Power. Except for gearbox difficulties in 2005 models, the majority of automobile complaints revolve around minor issues like faulty fuel gauges.
- Recalls. As of May 1, 2020, there have been no recalls on the most recent models. However, the earlier Trailblazers have had multiple power window recalls. Fluid flowing into power window wiring might cause a short circuit or possibly a fire. Other recalls included overheated headlights, incorrect windshield mounting, and leather seats that might interfere with airbag sensors.
Should You Buy A Chevy Trailblazer?
The Trailblazer has low to standard coverage requirements and is a less expensive car to insure in general. However, its poor performance in crash tests may result in higher rates than is typical for this sort of car. You may save money by browsing around for auto insurance quotes or researching prices for a different vehicle.
Check out some of our car insurance company reviews