Alfa Romeo’s new Stelvio debuted in US dealerships this year. Made in Italy, the SUV, like the rest of the Italian brand’s portfolio, is a premium vehicle. Insurance for an Alfa Romeo costs on average $2,364 per year or $197 per month. This is far more than the national average of $1,300 per year, although this is unsurprising.
Alfa Romeo is a luxury brand, and as such, you should expect to pay a premium for insurance that matches the sticker price. To obtain a quotation, sort auto insurance firms according to your state.
Alfa Romeo Car Insurance Cost & Quotes
[display-posts tag=”Alfa Romeo” exclude_current=”true” orderby=”title” posts_per_page=”50″]
How do I compare insurance for the Alfa Romeo Stelvio?
Your premium is determined by your insurer, your driving history, the area in which you reside, and the manner in which you drive. Providers place a premium on factors like mileage and engine power.
These elements all have an effect on the insurance rate for Alfa Romeo Stelvio.
- Body type. The vehicle is a five-door crossover SUV with a rear hatch. It is classified as a compact luxury SUV and comes in all-wheel drive or rear-wheel drive configurations. With these specifications, it is often less costly to insure than a sports vehicle, but more expensive than a standard sedan.
- Fuel. The vehicle is equipped with a turbocharged engine and operates on premium gas. It is available with two engine sizes: 2.0L and 2.9L. Insuring a vehicle with a more powerful engine will result in a higher premium.
- Theft rates. Alfa Romeo automobiles, on general, have a low theft rate. When insurers are unconcerned about your vehicle being stolen, they will not increase your premium.
- Maintenance. Due to the car’s assembly in Italy, components replacement and repair may be costly. Alfa Romeo, on the other hand, offers a basic warranty package for repairs and maintenance.
- Coverage. Because the Stelvio is a premium vehicle, you need to get additional coverage.
- Insurer options. While the Stelvio is a high-performance vehicle, it is neither a sports car, antique, or exotic vehicle, thus getting insurance should be straightforward.
- Warranty. Alfa Romeo provides a four-year or 50,000-mile standard warranty for the Stelvio. This includes 24-hour towing assistance and one year or 10,000 miles of free servicing. Read the fine print of your warranty to avoid doubling up on insurance coverage.
- Manufacturer offers a unique discount. Alfa Romeo is now offering a $409 per month low-mileage lease for the 2019 Stelvio RWD for 24 months. At lease signing, the amount payable is $4,428, which includes the down payment and the first month’s payment. To determine your eligibility, contact your local dealer.
Does the Alfa Romeo Stelvio qualify for discounts?
Yes. Discounts vary by provider, but you can often save between 5% and 30% by outfitting your vehicle with advanced safety systems. You may qualify for these incentives if you purchase an Alfa Romeo Stelvio.
- Anti-theft discount.
- Automatic wipers and wiper discount.
- Passive restraint discount.
Ready to get started?
We’ve got you covered.
How reliable is the Alfa Romeo Stelvio?
Prior to getting behind the wheel, you want to be certain that your vehicle is not only safe and dependable but also lives up to the manufacturer’s claims.
- Safety. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety have not conducted crash tests on the Stelvio (IIHS). Given that it is a premium vehicle that was only recently introduced in the United States, this is not surprising. Edmunds stated that the Stelvio’s brake pedal is “excessively touchy.”
- Reliability. US News placed the Stelvio #10 in the category of premium compact SUVs. It rated the car an 8 out of 10 for performance, power, agility, design, and extensive list of standard equipment, but said that the cabin quality was subpar.
- Recalls. So far, there have been no recalls or consumer complaints about the 2019 Stelvio. The 2018 model, on the other hand, was subject to four recalls. They include problems with the windshield wipers, lighting, braking effectiveness, and “corrosion at the connections,” which results in the trunk opening.
The Stelvio is a more expensive car to insure, but its prices reflect its reputation as an Alfa Romeo luxury vehicle. The SUV is equipped with a four-year warranty and a suite of safety features that might help you save money on insurance.
Compare insurance carriers to get the coverage that best fits your requirements.
Visit our review of Lexus Insurance Cost for another car insurance review.