Insurance for the Polestar 2 is rather high. Polestar 2 vehicle insurance is expected to cost an average of 232 dollars per month, or $2,784 per year. With a starting MSRP of $59,900, this ratio is 4.65 percent, significantly higher than the national average of 3%. However, your actual prices may vary depending on your job, driving record, two trims and options, and other factors.
What factors affect insurance for the Polestar 2?
Insurance prices for the Polestar 2 are determined by a variety of criteria, including theft rates, vehicle performance, maintenance costs, and other variables that vary by make and model. The 2 is compared to other cars in the following table.
- Type of car. The Polestar 2 is a sedan, which is often less expensive to insure.
- Theft.This vehicle has a low theft rate, which may result in cheaper insurance costs.
- Repairs. This vehicle’s repair costs are ordinary, which generally results in average insurance premiums.
- Safety ratings. This vehicle has a high safety rating, which generally results in lower insurance costs.
- Fuel type. Automobiles powered by electric motors are often somewhat more expensive to insure than vehicles powered by other fuel sources.
- Trim. In general, insurance costs increase as you upgrade to a higher trim level or add additional amenities. The Base trim level is a popular choice for this vehicle, depending on the model year.
- Coverage. For a sedan, you may want to seek a policy that includes the minimum needed coverage in your state, as well as high liability limits and collision and comprehensive coverage. Additionally, the more insurance coverage you have, the higher your insurance premiums will be.
- Warranty. Polestar provides a 48-month / 50,000-mile guarantee on new 2s, as well as roadside support.
- Manufacturer deals. Polestar is now providing discounted rates on 36-month rentals.
What discounts does the Polestar 2 qualify for?
If your Polestar 2 is fitted with specific safety features, you may be able to save money on vehicle insurance.
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Passive restraint discount
- Safety device discount
More affordable insurance is out there!
Thousands of users saved up to $79 per month on their insurance.Prices vary based on your driving history, location, age, gender, etc.
Polestar 2 safety and reliability ratings
The Polestar 2 is not rated by the NHTSA, which implies that its safety is uncertain. However, vehicles of this brand typically have low safety ratings, which results in higher insurance premiums. Automobiles with high safety ratings typically cost less to insure since they are easier to repair and safer in the event of a collision.
The Polestar 2 is a sedan with a low theft rate and low maintenance requirements, which makes it an expensive vehicle to insure. Comparing auto insurance quotes will help you get the best deal on the coverage you require for your Polestar 2.
For additional car insurance review, check out our review of Tesla Insurance Cost.