The Audi SQ8 is a high-performance SUV that, while being a high-priced luxury car, is quite inexpensive for it’s insurance rates. An average price of Audi SQ8 insurance cost is estimated to be about $200 per month, or $2,400 per year. With a base price of close to $100,000 anticipated, the yearly insurance cost-to-base ratio of 2%, far below the national average of 4%.
With the 2020 SQ8, Audi is introducing an improved version of its previously introduced Q8. The SQ8 retains the midsize luxury crossover SUV body of the Q8 while adding a strong dose of high performance components. It is already available in Europe in a high-powered diesel version, and it is scheduled to arrive in the United States in early 2020.
How do I compare insurance for the SQ8?
Premium vehicle insurance is more expensive than regular vehicle insurance, owing to the higher cost of repairing and maintaining luxury automobiles. Aside from its premium status, the following elements will influence the Audi SQ8 insurance costs.
- Body type. These is a high-performance premium SUV with higher Audi SQ8 insurance costs than comparable SUVs. Because of the increased power, there is a larger chance of major accidents, resulting in higher rates than small SUVs.
- Fuel. In contrast to the diesel version in European countries, the US version is anticipated to have a gasoline-powered V6 turbocharged engine. The diesel SQ8 achieves more than 30 mpg, although the figures for the US version have not been disclosed. Fortunately, gas-powered vehicles usually have cheaper insurance premiums than diesel or electric vehicles.
- Theft rates. Audi car theft rates are relatively low in the United States, which helps to keep insurance prices low.
- Maintenance. Audi automobiles do not require any more maintenance than other luxury vehicles, however the SQ8’s premium status will raise the cost of such repairs.
- Coverage. With a rumored MSRP of more than $100,000, you’ll almost certainly want to properly insure your SQ8. This would include comprehensive and collision coverage, as well as property damage limitations of $100,000 for uninsured motorists.
- Warranty. Audi offers a four-year or 50,000-mile limited warranty on new vehicles. The warranty includes unlimited roadside assistance, so you won’t need to add it to your insurance policy.
- Manufacturer offer. Audi frequently has special offers on its new automobiles, such as cashback incentives and reduced APRs. To find out how much you can save, contact your nearest Audi store.
Does the Audi SQ8 qualify for discounts?
Yes, these model will qualify for several vehicle-specific insurance reductions. The specifics will vary depending on the model you choose and the precise discounts your insurance carrier provides.
- Passive restraint discount
- Active restraint discount
- Anti Lock brake discount
- Antitheft system discount
- Airbag discount
- Seatbelt pretensioner discount
More affordable insurance is out there!
Thousands of users saved up to $79 per month on their insurance.Prices vary based on your driving history, location, age, gender, etc.
How reliable is the Audi SQ8?
Official ratings for the SQ8 are yet to be revealed, but they should be similar to those of its brother car, the 2019 Audi Q8.
- Safety. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety named the Audi Q8 a Top Safety Pick, and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration gave it a 5 out of 5 star safety rating. These excellent safety ratings should be closely duplicated by the SQ8, which will benefit its insurance prices.
- Reliability. J.D. Power gave the 2019 Q8 a dependability rating of 3.5 out of 5 stars. Expect the 2020 SQ8 to receive at least the same rating, but no higher than 4 out of 5 stars. For a premium car, a dependability rating of 3.5 stars is adequate.
- Recalls. The 2019 Q8 had no recalls, however the 2019 SQ5 and Q5 both received minor recalls for defective trim on the wheel covers.
The 2020 Audi SQ8 replaces the Q8 with improved features, which means it is more powerful — but also more expensive to buy and insure. Strong safety features and low projected theft rates help keep insurance costs for the SQ8 reasonably low for a premium car, however upkeep and repairs to this luxury SUV may be costly.
To get the best bargain for your Audi SQ8 insurance cost, check quotes from many insurers before deciding on one.
Check out our car insurance rate reviews for the following Audi vehicle.