To learn more about The General, read our post below The General Insurance Review, which may address your questions and concerns.
The General Insurance, with headquarters in Nashville, Tennessee, was established in 1963 and focuses on covering a wide variety of drivers.
Insurance drivers with a blemished record have two decent alternatives: The General and Nationwide. The General offers both competitive prices and flexible payment methods.
You may find our breakdown of The General’s car insurance choices, discounts, and customer satisfaction useful when deciding whether to purchase from them.
The General Insurance Rating for 2021
- Claims satisfaction (J.D. Power) — Not rated
- Customer satisfaction (J.D. Power) — Not rated
- Financial strength (AM Best) — Excellent: The General’s exceptional financial standing implies a capacity to pay out claims with reliability.
- NAIC Complaint Index — Worse than average: The General received more complaints than usual according to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners.
The General car insurance coverage options
You may expect to get comprehensive, collision, and liability insurance, along with uninsured motorist, PIP, and medical expenses protection from The General. This insurance company’s standard coverage selections are, for the most part, rather typical of what you would find in other policies.
Custom equipment coverage
Even if your automobile came from the factory without various add-ons, including custom wheels, paint, spoilers, performance upgrades, trailer hitches, and camper shells, they are still still protected under the $5,000 maximum of this policy.
Roadside assistance 24/7
Nation Safe Driver (NSD) manages the General’s roadside assistance program, and it offers around-the-clock help and towing for when your automobile breaks down or malfunctions while you’re driving.
If your automobile is too damaged to drive while it’s being repaired, The General will pay for the daily and total amount of the rental car up to your per day limit.
Towing and labor
If your automobile becomes disabled, you can receive assistance in the form of towing at no extra cost. The General offers policyholders the option of limiting per-occurrence benefits.
The General’s application asks if you require an SR-22 form. If your state requires you to file this paperwork, The General will do it for you.
More affordable insurance is out there!
Thousands of users saved up to $79 per month on their insurance.Prices vary based on your driving history, location, age, gender, etc.
The General insurance discounts and reward programs
When you’re searching for new vehicle insurance, you should constantly seek out savings. To help you save on your insurance rates, we’ve included the discounts given by The General below. Note that these figures may differ by state.
Discounts based on your policy
- Double deductible. You will receive a reduction on your insurance rates, but it will double your deductible for the first 45 days of your coverage.
- Pay in full. In most cases, if you pay for your insurance in full, you may be eligible for a discount.
- New customer. If you’ve had insurance elsewhere for the previous five years, you may be eligible for some discounts if you move to The General.
Discounts based on the driver or vehicle
- Multi-car. To obtain this reduction, insure several automobiles on one policy with The General.
- Homeowners. Do you own a house? You may be eligible for discounts on your car insurance.
- Military. If you are currently serving in the military and live in Louisiana, you may be able to take advantage of a military discount.
- Good student. The firm will provide you a discount if you achieve the educational standards set by The General.
- Driver training. If you have completed an authorized course and it was not required by the court, you may be eligible for this discount upon course completion.
Is The General car insurance right for you?
You may want to choose The General for inexpensive and flexible coverage, despite your credit problems or prior accidents or driving offenses. The General may be a suitable choice if your budget is too small for other insurance providers. Although you have a solid driving record and a decent credit score, if you browse for rates, it’s worth checking at the General.
As a result of their customer base, the firm may not offer the most generous coverage and savings. The General offers coverage that is still rather inexpensive, so it should serve your purposes.
For additional car insurance review, check out our review of Progressive Insurance Review.