Dodge Ram 1500’s 2020 range now has a 3.0-liter V6 diesel engine. The 1500 EcoDiesel boasts 480 pound-feet of torque and a half-ton towing capability of more than 12,000 pounds. The Dodge Ram 1500 EcoDiesel’s average annual insurance cost is estimated to be between $200 and $300 per month, or $2,400 to $3,600 per year. This results in a yearly insurance cost-to-base ratio of about 10%, which is within the range for pickup trucks but much higher than the national average of 4% for all vehicles.
How do I compare insurance for the 1500 EcoDiesel?
The 1500 EcoDiesel’s insurance rates are projected to be comparable to those of other pickup trucks. Several variables contribute to these rates, including the following:
- Body type. The 1500 is a diesel pickup truck with a half-ton payload. The huge size and power of pickup trucks contribute to their higher insurance costs as compared to other vehicles, as they may inflict greater damage in an accident.
- Fuel. With a claimed highway fuel economy of 24 miles per gallon, the 1500 EcoDiesel outperforms its gasoline-powered counterparts. This can result in cost savings at the pump, but diesel engines require more expensive repairs, which increases insurance premiums.
- Theft rates. Dodge Rams, regardless of model, are one of the most often stolen automobiles in the United States. Insurance prices are significantly affected by a vehicle’s theft rate, so anticipate this to be factored into the 1500 EcoDiesel’s premiums.
- Maintenance. Diesel vehicles usually have greater maintenance expenses than gasoline trucks, which translates into higher insurance rates. As of November 2019, Pickup Vehicles’ website indicates that the EcoDiesel’s maintenance costs are lower than those of other diesel trucks.
- Coverage. With a price tag of $36,000 and the truck’s strong nature, you may want to consider increasing the liability limits on your insurance in addition to comprehensive and collision coverage.
- Warranty. MOPAR’s five-year, 100,000-mile powertrain warranty applies to the Ram 1500 EcoDiesel. This covers the expense of powertrain components such as the engine, gearbox, and drive system that require maintenance. Additionally, it offers limitless roadside assistance, allowing you to forego the coverage provided by your insurance policy.
- Manufacturer offer. Dodge is now providing a variety of cashback and low-interest financing incentives on the Ram 1500 to help you save money off the retail price.
Does the Ram 1500 EcoDiesel qualify for discounts?
Yes, the Ram 1500 EcoDiesel should qualify for the majority of insurance providers’ most frequent vehicle discounts:
- Anti Lock brakes
- Antitheft discount
- Passive restraint system
- Active restraint system
- Seatbelt pretensioners
- Airbag discount
- Parking sensors
More affordable insurance is out there!
Thousands of users saved up to $79 per month on their insurance.Prices vary based on your driving history, location, age, gender, etc.
How reliable is the Ram 1500 EcoDiesel?
The Dodge Ram 1500 has excellent ratings for safety and dependability.
- Safety. The 2020 Dodge Ram 1500 is the first full-size pickup truck to receive the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety’s Top Safety Pick+ designation, earning a Good grade in all six of the institute’s crashworthiness categories. Additionally, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration awarded it four out of five stars for safety and US News and World Report gave it a 9.1 overall safety rating.
- Reliability. J.D. Power predicts the Ram 1500’s reliability will be four out of five stars, which is above average.
- Recalls. The Dodge has recalled almost 300,000 Ram 1500 vehicles from the 2019 and 2020 model years owing to a front passenger airbag problem. It is fair to anticipate similar recalls for the EcoDiesel 1500 in the future.
The Dodge Ram 1500 EcoDiesel boosts the Ram lineup’s power and torque without compromising safety or dependability ratings. Insurance prices of $300 per month are comparable to those for new pickup trucks, making the 1500 EcoDiesel a reasonably inexpensive truck to insure.
For additional car insurance review, check out our review of Chevrolet Silverado Insurance Cost.