The average cost to insure a Mini Clubman is, according to our data, around $132 per month or $1,584 per year. Depending on your driving record, the number of miles you travel in one year, your age, and other considerations, your real costs could be higher or less.
How to compare insurance for the Mini Clubman
Keep these considerations in mind while researching insurance choices for your Mini Clubman:
- Price. Make sure that you research coverage choices for several insurance companies so you know you get the most out of the buck.
- Deductible. You may have a greater deductible if you wish to reduce your premium, which means that you must pay more out of cash before insurance starts.
- Minimum coverage. Make sure your insurance coverage satisfies your state’s minimum vehicle insurance requirements.
- Coverage add-ons. Because the Mini Clubman is on the smaller side, you may have greater damage to a large SUV or truck collision. As a result, you may wish to add collision protection to your policy in order to assist offset repair costs. You may wish to choose to cover a whole if you reside in a city that has higher crime rates or a region prone to hurricanes or tornadoes.
- Manufacturer offers or other discounts. You will get free 24-hour roadside assistance from the manufacturer automatically if your Mini Clubman is still under warranty.
Special savings with Liberty Mutual
As Mini presently has an agreement with Liberty Mutual, you may save on premium and extra coverage choices, such as:
- Genuine Mini replacement parts
- Towing back to the nearest Mini dealership
- Accident forgiveness
- 24-hour claims service
What factors affect car insurance for the Mini Clubman?
The Clubman is also available with two body styles, with the convertible package somewhat more costly than the hatchback variant. Your insurance premiums may be only a little more if yours is a convertible.
Since the Mini Clubman comes with standard security equipment such as airbags and anti-lock brakes, your insurance company might give you a security discount.
Does the Mini Clubman qualify for discounts?
Your Mini Clubman might be eligible for a rebate on its various security measures including:
- Active driving assistant
- Anti-lock brakes
- Stability control
- LED headlights that sense rain and darkness
- Security system
Reliability and safety ratings for the Mini Clubman
JD Power gives the Mini Clubman a dependability rating of 3 out of 5, which for most vehicles is approximately average. This is just slightly less than the Mini Cooper 3.5 out of five JD Power dependability values but in line with the Mini Countryman grade.
Sadly, some of the most typical difficulties with repairs to Mini owners tend to be major solutions, such as:
- Failed electric steering pumps
- Transmission issues
- Rattling timing chains
- Water pump and thermostat housing leaks
- Coolant hose damage
With regard to security, the official ratings of the newest Mini Clubman are not currently available although typically the Mini Cooper and related models are high for safety. In fact, the 2017 Mini Cooper was named a Top Safety Pick by the Highway Safety Institute.
More affordable insurance is out there!
Thousands of users saved up to $79 per month on their insurance.Prices vary based on your driving history, location, age, gender, etc.
Mini Clubman series maintenance
Despite the diminutive size compared to many other cars on the road, Minis have developed a reputation for being on the costly side of the road. Cars are regarded mid-range luxury automobiles as a European brand and sub-brand of BMW.
You can pay $100 or more for oil changes and the Clubman gets around 24 mpg in town and 33 mpg on the motorway like other little cars. This is approximately average fuel efficiency, although, given the Mini Clubman’s very tiny size, it might surprise you that this car won’t save you a lot of gasoline.
Mini Clubman facts
What distinguishes the Clubman from other Minis? Its trunk design, known as the barn or split doors, and its Clubfoot, a rear door.
The Mini Clubman is also considered to be more spacious than other original Mini choices. But when you’re inquisitive, for most people, the Guinness Book of World Records is 29. Of course, when driving, we don’t suggest this.
You shouldn’t break the Bank to insure your Mini Clubman but it might cost a little more than some other marks and models in your class. And its standard safety capabilities might help you gain certain providers’ discounts.
For another car insurance review, visit our review of Ford Fiesta Insurance Cost.