Mercury Insurance, headquartered in Los Angeles, is a multi-line insurance business that specializes in vehicle and home insurance. Mercury Insurance was founded in 1961 by George Joseph, a veteran of the insurance sector. Outside of California, the firm soon grew to include ten more states: Arizona, Nevada, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Texas, Oklahoma, Virginia, New Jersey, and New York.
Mercury Insurance review for 2021
- Claims satisfaction (J.D. Power) — Poor. Mercury received a below-average score in J.D. Power’s 2020 Claims Satisfaction Study.
- Customer satisfaction (J.D. Power) — Poor. Mercury is rated below average by J.D. Power in terms of total customer satisfaction for 2021.
- Financial strength — Superior. Mercury’s outstanding financial health provides a very dependable capacity to pay insurance claims, as indicated by this AM Best rating.
- NAIC Rating — Above average. Mercury had less complaints than the industry average in 2020, according to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners.
Mercury car insurance coverage options
Mercury offers the traditional suite of vehicle insurance coverage options: comprehensive, collision, liability, medical payments, personal injury protection (PIP), uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage, and roadside assistance. Additional coverage choices are described in further detail below.
Rental car coverage
This is a fairly popular add-on to automobile insurance policies that pays rental car expenditures up to the policy’s limit in the event your vehicle is out of service for repairs as a result of a covered accident. Limits on coverage range from $30 to $100 each day for a maximum of 30 days.
If you work for a ridesharing business such as Uber or Lyft, this policy provides additional protection for the driver and passengers. Because your personal vehicle insurance policy does not cover business driving, opting for rideshare insurance makes sense if you are a rideshare driver.
More affordable insurance is out there!
Thousands of users saved up to $79 per month on their insurance.Prices vary based on your driving history, location, age, gender, etc.
Mercury insurance discounts and reward programs
Mercury offers certain common discounts, and it’s always a good idea to check to see if you qualify. Bear in mind that these discounts may vary according to region.
Discounts based on your policy
- Multi-policy. Bundle several Mercury insurance, like as car and homeowners, and save up to 15%.
Discounts based on the driver or vehicle
- Multi-car. Add another car or two to your insurance to qualify for a multi-car discount.
- Good driver. If you maintain an accident-free driving record, you may qualify for a good driver discount on your Mercury insurance policy.
- Good student. Receive a student discount if you maintain a minimum 3.0 grade point average in high school or college.
- Occupational. Depending on your employment, you may be eligible for a discount.
- Autopay. Enroll in automatic payments and you’ll see a reduction in your rate.
- E-signature. You may be eligible for a discount if you electronically sign your Mercury paperwork.
- Anti-theft feature. If your vehicle is equipped with anti-theft equipment or features, you may qualify for this discount.
- RealDrive® program. Enroll in this program to receive a 5-percent discount on your initial payment. Your rate is determined by the mileage you report to Mercury.
Mercury car insurance mobile app
Mercury auto insurance clients may manage their accounts and policies using the Mercury mobile app (available for Apple and Android). As is the case with many other insurance company smartphone applications, it enables Mercury subscribers to
- Access digital insurance ID cards
- Pay bills
- Summon roadside assistance
- Get in contact with an agent or customer service
Is Mercury car insurance right for you?
Mercury may be a decent alternative if you don’t want anything more than a standard auto insurance policy. Mercury’s vehicle insurance discounts are also extremely competitive when compared to those offered by other insurance providers.
However, does Mercury offer reasonably priced auto insurance at competitive rates?
Because vehicle insurers examine a plethora of criteria when deciding insurance prices, it’s critical to browse for quotes as much as possible when it’s time to renew.
For additional car insurance review, check out our review of Loya Car Insurance Review.