This topless sports vehicle can help you go quickly on the road, but insurance prices are considerably higher. It’s average monthly fee of about $464 or $5.568 per year. Rates may be compared to other sports vehicles such as Maseratis, which is about $5,000 a year or Ferraris between $9,600 and $12,000.
Why is insurance so expensive for the Lotus 3-Eleven?
The Lotus 3-Eleven costs extra since it is seen as a lightweight and luxurious car known for racing, therefore creating a high risk for insurance. This sports automobile also transforms into a topless roof that adds to the already considerable risk.
How do I compare insurance for the Lotus 3-Eleven?
A convertible top and strong engine arrives in this sporty road or race car, which sends the insurance pack at the top of its range. This may be owing to particular luxury or competition regulations designed to safeguard this uncommon beauty.
- Body type. The 3-Eleven has a lightweight, roll-down vehicle body that is a high rate competitor.
- Fuel. This racer is designed for great performance – therefore do not anticipate an increased premium to be compensated by fuel expenses.
- Maintenance. The 3-Eleven is a small production model that is being changed to a whole new line of vehicles by the manufacturer. This high-dollar rareness might cost more to fix using European components.
- Theft. For nonexistent theft rates the Lotus 3-Eleven scored points. Lotus cars also have a minimal probability of robbery.
- Coverage.Consider a high liability and agreed value coverage luxury vehicle insurance or the racing car insurance policy to ensure your journey down the track is protected. Furthermore, uninsured/underinsured drivers, comprehensive insurance and gap insurance provide broad road safety.
- Insurer options. Most insurance covers high value automobiles, however the drivers are not covered by every carrier. Perhaps you need specialized insurance limiting your choice of provider.
- Warranty. A 3-year 36,000 mile warranty applies for all brand new Lotus road vehicles. Race vehicles might have stipulations like a 20,000-mile two-year warranty. The use of the racing vehicle, however, invalidates the warranty – read closely at the provisions.
Does the Lotus 3-Eleven qualify for discounts?
While the 3-Eleven has been designed for speed, there are also numerous features that can provide security and help you qualify for discounts:
- Adjustable shock absorption
- Traction control
- Anti Roll bars
- Rear wheel slip prevention
- Anti Lock brakes
Why is insurance so high for the Lotus 3-Eleven?
The 3-Eleven is significantly over the national average for premiums. Factors that might affect this rate:
- Convertible top. This automobile is regarded as dangerous during an accident without an oversight.
- Powerful engine.The 3-Eleven packs over 400 hp, telling insurance companies a history of their speed requirements.
- High MSRP. Even the road version requires more money for maintenance with a value of 129,000 dollars, and this is a role in your insurer’s reputation.
- Specialized repairs. During repairs, a specialist racing automobile may need imported components and mechanical attention.
- Increased coverage. Attend a higher premium with an additional or specialty coverage. However, your investment might be protected at more cost.
More affordable insurance is out there!
Thousands of users saved up to $79 per month on their insurance.Prices vary based on your driving history, location, age, gender, etc.
How reliable is the Lotus 3-Eleven?
The Lotus 3-Eleven is a rather new vehicle with minimal dependability information. But Lotus is recognized for its trustworthiness throughout the industry, with only a few recalls in other models.
- Safety. The Lotus 3-Eleven is not subject to IIHS or NHTSA safety ratings. This may be because people choose alternative cars for daily use.
- Reliability. Little is known regarding long-term dependability of this automobile. Auto aficionados, though, rate it on and off the road. These evaluations do not contain major reliability problems.
- Recalls. There is no reminder or big criticism about this new model. For minor issues like loose oil cooler fittings and defective turning lights, other Lotus sports vehicles were reminiscent.
While you could be thrilled with the Lotus 3-Eleven, the insurance cost is lower. It is not the most costly insuring sports car nevertheless, and specialist and superior coverage might lead to greater costs.
For additional car insurance review, check out our review of Lotus Evora Insurance Rates.