How Much Does Jeep Wrangler Insurance Cost ?
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Jeep Wrangler insurance costs $154 per month, or $1,848 per year. This estimate is roughly $500 more expensive than average vehicles.
How to compare Jeep Wrangler Insurance Cost
Shopping for auto insurance may be a hassle; many suppliers use difficult-to-understand jargon, and everyone claims to have the best prices available. Nonetheless, coverage may provide peace of mind on and off the road, and it is required in almost every state, making it a good investment.
While you are nearly guaranteed to need insurance, you can simplify the process by knowing what to search for and how to evaluate coverage. The following information explains how to compare Jeep Wrangler auto insurance rates online.
- Price. It is crucial to use the same information when collecting estimates from multiple service providers because policies and features may change from one organization to another, making it difficult to compare apples to apples. This will enable you to compare similar solutions on the basis of pricing in order to identify the most cost-effective provider for your requirements.
- Deductible. Because your deductible amount has a direct influence on your monthly premiums, you should choose a deductible level that is within your monthly budget while also not posing an issue if you ever need to file a claim with your insurance company.
- Minimum coverage. Given the fact that each state has its own set of coverage criteria to examine, it’s critical to double-check that any possible insurance satisfies the very minimum requirements in your region before proceeding.
- Additional coverage. You may also come across other forms of insurance when looking for coverage, such as personal injury protection and pet insurance, which are also worth considering. Regardless of the options you choose, make sure to specify any additional coverage you may want when collecting insurance quotes from various firms.
- Extras. It is possible that the features and extras supplied by various providers and locations would differ. Find out what each coverage includes, as well as what you’ll have to pay extra for if you want to be fully protected.
- Restrictions. Look into whether your insurance policy has any restrictions in order to avoid coverage gaps or claims being denied entirely.
- Manufacturer offer or loyalty discount. Because of their relationships with insurance carriers, check with your manufacturer to see if they have any special offers or loyalty discounts available.
- Warranty. Examine your manufacturer’s or extended warranty to determine what is and is not covered so you don’t wind up paying for overlapping coverage.
Jeep Wrangler Insurance Cost by Model Year
|Model Year||Comprehensive||Collision||Liability||Total Premium|
|2020 Jeep Wrangler||$268||$362||$440||$1,250|
|2019 Jeep Wrangler||$256||$358||$450||$1,244|
|2018 Jeep Wrangler||$248||$350||$470||$1,248|
|2017 Jeep Wrangler||$240||$336||$486||$1,242|
|2016 Jeep Wrangler||$226||$324||$500||$1,230|
|2015 Jeep Wrangler||$218||$300||$510||$1,208|
|2014 Jeep Wrangler||$208||$282||$514||$1,184|
|2013 Jeep Wrangler||$200||$254||$520||$1,154|
|2012 Jeep Wrangler||$188||$234||$520||$1,122|
|2011 Jeep Wrangler||$180||$218||$524||$1,102|
|2010 Jeep Wrangler||$176||$204||$534||$1094|
|2009 Jeep Wrangler||$164||$190||$534||$1,068|
|2008 Jeep Wrangler||$158||$172||$540||$1,050|
|2007 Jeep Wrangler||$148||$158||$534||$1,020|
|2006 Jeep Wangler||$140||$142||$534||$996|
|2005 Jeep Wrangler||$134||$128||$530||$972|
|2004 Jeep Wrangler||$132||$126||$520||$958|
|2003 Jeep Wrangler||$130||$120||$510||$940|
|2002 Jeep Wrangler||$120||$114||$504||$918|
|2001 Jeep Wrangler||$116||$108||$500||$904|
Insurance costs for the Jeep Wrangler vary greatly according to what variables?
Insurance firms utilize numerous safety and risk statistics to calculate insurance costs. The automobile you drive is important, but it isn’t the only factor that influences your auto insurance costs. These characteristics might effect insurance costs.
- Body type. The Jeep Wrangler is available as a two- or four-door convertible sport utility vehicle. It is particularly well suited for activities such as off-roading, which might result in more expensive insurance premiums.
- Type of car. The Jeep Wrangler is a compact SUV with a starting price of around $30,000. Insurance for high-end or high-performance autos may become more affordable as a result of this.
- Theft. According to a recent Forbes report, the Jeep Wrangler is one of the most stolen SUVs. It is possible that insurance costs may rise as a result of this.
- Repairs. Because of its regular use, repairing the Wrangler will be an expensive proposition. It is possible to have higher insurance premiums..
- Safety ratings. Because of the Jeep Wrangler’s below-average safety ratings, it may be necessary to get more expensive car insurance.
- Fuel type. Auto insurance for gas-powered vehicles such as the Jeep Wrangler is frequently less expensive than auto insurance for diesel-powered vehicles and hybrid vehicles.
- Trim & packages. Selecting models or trims that increase power or overall value may result in a higher insurance premium for the Wrangler. Insurance costs may be reduced as a result of adding features that improve visibility or safety, on the other side.
Jeep Wrangler cost-saving safety features
With these safety measures installed, you might potentially save money on auto insurance.
- Anti-lock brakes
- Anti-theft system
- Parking sensors
- All View Cameras
- Daytime Lighting System
- Stability Control System
- Pretension system for Seat Belts
- Backup Sensors
- Warning System for Lane crossover
- Responsive cruise control
More affordable insurance is out there!
Thousands of users saved up to $79 per month on their insurance.Prices vary based on your driving history, location, age, gender, etc.
Does the Jeep Wrangler get any insurance discounts?
Depending on whatever auto insurance company you choose, your vehicle may be eligible for a number of auto insurance discount options depending on the provider.
However, the particular discounts you receive may vary depending on your location, your service provider, your choices, and other factors. Some of these, including the following, should be applicable to the Jeep Wrangler:
- Discount for new cars
- Discount for Anti lock braking
- Discount For Anti Theft Systems
- Discount for Airbag & Seat belt Restraints
- Discount for Emergency Roadside Assistance
Jeep Wrangler safety & reliability ratings
Jeep began manufacturing the Wrangler in 1986 and is currently in its fourth generation, dubbed the JL.
The Jeep Wrangler is one of the world’s most recognizable automobiles. The 2018 Jeep Wrangler convertible SUV is safer, more comfortable, and more fuel-efficient than its predecessors.
While official safety ratings for the 2018 Jeep Wrangler have not been announced yet, the 2017 model earned a 5.7/10 rating from U.S. News and J.D. Power & Associates.
Additionally, the IIHS puts it below average in virtually every category, which is a significant letdown. It scored a dismal 2.5/5 stars for reliability from US News and JD Power, which is lower than the class average.
Jeep Wrangler repairs and servicing
Despite its all-terrain abilities, the Jeep Wrangler is a car that is capable of handling itself almost anywhere. It is built to last for many years and should require little maintenance under normal driving conditions.
It does, however, have a high average maintenance cost, which you should consider if you want to take it off the trodden route on a frequent basis. Regardless, it is vital to maintain a basic maintenance schedule that includes oil changes and inspections.
- We recommend checking the owner’s manual to find out how often to replace the oil for optimal vehicle performance. Instead, pay attention to the mechanism that alerts you to the time to change your oil.
- The real cost of an oil change might be anything from $100 and $200, though.
- The Wrangler has an average yearly repair cost of $503, which is above the usual for crossover SUVs. Several owners have also experienced transmission troubles, which may contribute to the higher average repair cost.
Should you get an extended warranty worth it for the Jeep Wrangler?
Also included is a 5-year/60,000-mile powertrain warranty, which covers problems caused by defective components or servicing. Additionally, the Wrangler has a 5-year corrosion warranty and a 5-year/60,000-mile roadside assistance guarantee.
Unlike most similar automobiles, the Jeep does not have a full maintenance plan.
Though Jeep does not provide an extended warranty for the Wrangler, Mopar, the manufacturer, does one. You may get supplemental insurance for up to eight years or 125,000 miles on a car purchase with the plan.
Additional perks include rental allowances, OEM parts replacements, and services conducted by professional professionals. As the Wrangler has both a high cost of ownership and a poor reliability rating, vehicle protection may be a good choice.
Should You Buy A Jeep Wrangler?
Jeep Wrangler is a well-known off-road vehicle that has been on the market since 1974. While its rugged construction can endure almost anything, the average maintenance expenses are high, especially when the equipment is subjected to heavy use.
Additionally, it has below-average reliability and safety ratings, which may result in increased insurance costs; however, Mopar’s vehicle protection programs may help relieve the problem. In any case, it is vital that you have enough coverage for your Jeep Wrangler, which is why you should search around for the best offer.
Check out our review of insurance for the Jeep Gladiator