The Jaguar XJL is a spacious sedan with reasonable insurance rates for a premium vehicle. The XJ series, on the other hand, isn’t recognized for its dependability. The average insurance premium for this vehicle is $110 per month or $1,320 per year. This cost is roughly $100 less than the national average of $1,426 per year.
How do I compare insurance for the XJL?
The XJL is a continuation of Jaguar’s XJ series, with a bit of extra space in the rear. Its larger size and the higher price tag may boost your premium. To cover repair costs, the XJL comes with a comprehensive warranty, maintenance plan, and roadside support.
- Body type. This premium sedan has a larger wheelbase and a more spacious backseat than the regular XJ. The larger size may result in a higher premium.
- Price tag. This vehicle has a high sticker price of about $76,000 MSRP. However, for a premium performance car, this is still reasonable.
- Theft. This vehicle has a low number of theft complaints, especially when compared to the regular XJ.
- Fuel. This car has a mediocre fuel economy. It gets 21 mpg on the interstate and in the city.
- Maintenance. On all new XJ models, Jaguar offers a comprehensive maintenance plan as part of the warranty.
- Coverage. To save money on your premium, you might pick basic coverage. Consider purchasing additional coverage to protect yourself in the event of an accident. Comprehensive, loan/lease gap, uninsured/underinsured motorist, and collision coverage with a high limit may be desirable.
- Warranty. This vehicle is covered by a 5-year, 60,000-mile warranty, which includes periodic maintenance and roadside assistance.
Does the Jaguar XJL qualify for discounts?
This vehicle includes a number of safety features that may qualify you for insurance discounts:
- Anti-theft system
- Anti-lock brakes
- Electronic stability control
- Driveline traction control
- Parking sensors
- Blind spot monitor
- Rear traffic monitor
- Low tire pressure warning
- Lane-keeping assist
- Driver condition monitor
- Emergency braking
- InControl Protect Emergency SOS
- Child safety locks
- Backup camera
More affordable insurance is out there!
Thousands of users saved up to $79 per month on their insurance.Prices vary based on your driving history, location, age, gender, etc.
How reliable is the Jaguar XJL?
The XJ series does not have good dependability ratings and no crash testing safety statistics. The series has also had several recalls, implying that the maker hasn’t yet mastered production.
- Safety. The XJL lacks crash testing data from reputable safety groups. This might be because the automobile sells at a lesser pace than comparable lower-priced family sedans.
- Reliability. J.D. Power gives the XJL series a projected dependability rating of 2 out of 5 in general.
- Recalls. Many recalls have been issued for the XJL series, covering issues with software, airbags, windshield wipers, rear-wheel alignment, and other components.
The Jaguar XJL comes with a long warranty and few theft complaints. Despite its position as a premium vehicle, the automobile generally has cheap insurance rates. However, XJs are not well-known for their dependability.
For additional car insurance review, Check out our review of Audi A8 Insurance Cost.