Owning an XJ may result in increased insurance premiums. The premium vehicle has a high sticker price, a high theft rate, and bad dependability. The XJ, on the other hand, might qualify for discounts because of its numerous safety measures.
The average insurance cost for this vehicle is $158 per month or $1,896 per year. This rate is $470 more than the national average of $1,426 per year.
How do I compare insurance for the XJ?
The Jaguar XJ is a larger luxury car with a high starting price, which may result in higher insurance premiums. Other points of comparison include:
- Body type. The XJ is a premium sedan series that comes in a range of trim levels. The body has a higher vehicle weight for a sedan, which may increase your premium. Heavier cars are thought to be more likely to inflict greater damage in the event of an accident.
- Price tag. The price of this sedan is high for a sedan, but modest for a premium performance automobile. The starting price for a ticket is about $76,000 MSRP.
- Theft. XJs have a high theft rate, with dozens of theft complaints across all trim levels. To offset its increased theft rates, consider purchasing comprehensive coverage.
- Fuel. This car has a modest fuel economy of 18 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway.
- Maintenance. All new Jaguar XJ vehicles come with a free maintenance package.
- Coverage. Consider greater maximum limits and supplementary coverage to protect yourself from having to pay for repairs out of pocket after an accident. Loan/lease gap coverage, accident, and uninsured/underinsured motorists are among them.
- Warranty. This vehicle comes with a five-year or 60,000-mile limited warranty that includes periodic maintenance and roadside assistance.
Does the Jaguar XJ qualify for discounts?
This vehicle has several safety features that may qualify you for an insurance discount:
- Anti-theft system
- Anti-lock brakes
- Child safety locks
- Electronic stability control
- Driveline traction control
- InControl Protect Emergency SOS
- Parking sensors
- Rear collision warning
- Low tire pressure warning
- Blind spot sensor
- Back-up camera
More affordable insurance is out there!
Thousands of users saved up to $79 per month on their insurance.Prices vary based on your driving history, location, age, gender, etc.
How reliable is the Jaguar XJ?
The XJ has a low dependability rating due to a lack of crash testing, low-reliability ratings, and several recalls.
- Safety. The NHTSA has not given the XJ a crash test rating. This is due to the fact that the safety group has not yet officially rated this automobile, as well as many other Jaguar models.
- Reliability. J.D. Power gives this vehicle a projected dependability rating of 2 out of 5 stars.
- Recalls. Many recalls have been issued for the XJ. Some have included faulty software that impacts airbag calibration, improperly shaped front wiper arms, wrong software calibration for vehicle restraints, rear-wheel alignment difficulties, leaking brake fluid, and problems with the drive belt, power steering, and battery positive cable.
The expensive Jaguar XJ isn’t the cheapest luxury car to insure, but it does come with a number of safety measures that help to balance high insurance costs and low dependability.
For another car insurance review, Visit our review of BMW 7 Series Insurance Cost.