The Passport is a small, affordable SUV. The Honda Passport insurance costs an average of $145 per month, up from the national average annually, or $1743 each year. The yearly cost-to-base insurance price ratio with a base price of $31,990, is somewhat higher than the national average of 4 percent.
How do I compare insurance for the Honda Passport?
Beware of the following while looking for insurance prices for your passport:
- Body type. As a mid-size SUV, you won’t get a tiny passport, but you still avoid insurance fees with a larger car.
- Fuel. The Passport is a V6, averaged 22 MPG AWD car, which is about decent for a small SUV. However, being a gas car, insurance should be lower than electric or hybrid vehicles.
- Theft rates. From 2019, Honda successfully appealed to the NHTSA to exclude a substantial anti-theft package as standard from the Federal Theft Prediction Standard. The kit comprises a passive immobiliser, an intelligent entrance, a powertrain control module and a warning system.
- Maintenance. Maintenance expenses are usually inexpensive for the Honda Passport and that appears to hold. Magazine Car and Driver placed 20,000 miles on their passport. For six months, they only paid $300 in upkeep. Honda offers a reminder system for maintaining your passport when maintenance is needed.
- Warranty. The passenger carries a 3-year warranty of 36,000 mile and a 5-year warranty of 60,000 mile.
Does the Honda Passport qualify for discounts?
Your Passport might be eligible for the following insurance reductions, depending upon its equipment:
- Passive restraint systems discount
- Anti Lock brakes discount
- Anti-theft devices discount
- Safety features discount
More affordable insurance is out there!
Thousands of users saved up to $79 per month on their insurance.Prices vary based on your driving history, location, age, gender, etc.
How reliable is the Passport?
The new Passport versions have an impressively high level of security and dependability.
- Safety. The Top Security Pick and NHTSA ranked the 2020 Passport as a 5-star safety rating for the 2019 and the 2020 Passport by IIHS.
- Reliability. J.D. Power ranked the Honda Passport 85 out of 100 based on verified owners’ opinions. In all, #7 of the top 10 SUVs have been classified.
- Recalls. In 2020 the only reminder was that there was a problem with wiping off ink with the certification label.
By decreasing insurance rates, you may benefit from the safety rating of the Honda Passport and significant anti-theft packages. But compare the model with others in your class or to insurance savings in an SUV or a crossover if you are seeking a bigger reduction. And, as usual, make sure that you get the greatest bargain on the coverage you need.
Visit our review of Chevrolet Blazer Insurance Cost for another car insurance review.