According to our study, the average cost of GMC Savana insurance is about $124 per month — or $1,488 per year. Your exact cost will depend on your driving record, the number of miles you drive each year, your age, gender, and other considerations.
How to compare insurance for the GMC Savana
Consider the following criteria while comparing GMC Savana insurance options:
- Price. You’re probably looking for the best deal on GMC Savana insurance, so research insurance providers that offer unique discounts you could be eligible for.
- Deductible. You may select a coverage with a larger deductible to reduce your monthly cost, but be sure you have the money on hand in case of an accident.
- Coverage. Your insurance must meet the state’s minimal standards in the state where you live. If you’re still making payments on your GMC Savana, your bank may additionally need collision and comprehensive coverage.
- Manufacturer offers. GMC’s free 24-hour roadside assistance service covers all 2007 and newer GMC cars for five years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first. Don’t worry about adding this service to your insurance policy just yet if your car qualifies.
What factors affect car insurance for the GMC Savana?
Despite its huge size, the GMC Savana should have reasonably low insurance costs. Although the Savana 3500 costs around $4,000 more than the smaller 2500, insurance for both models should be roughly the same. Despite its huge size, the GMC Savana should have reasonably low insurance costs. Although the Savana 3500 costs around $4,000 more than the smaller 2500, insurance for both models should be roughly the same.
Does the GMC Savana qualify for discounts?
Aside from a new car discount, the Savanna may be eligible for additional discounts depending on its safety features, which include:
- An anti theft security system
- Anti Lock brakes
- Stability control
- A rearview camera
The most recent Savana models include optional side blind zone alerts and hill-start assist. If your car has these sophisticated safety features, you may be able to save even more money on your monthly insurance rate.
More affordable insurance is out there!
Thousands of users saved up to $79 per month on their insurance.Prices vary based on your driving history, location, age, gender, etc.
Reliability and safety ratings for the GMC Savana
Crash-test scores for the most recent GMC Savana models are not yet available, although earlier Savannas have achieved mediocre safety and dependability ratings
There is currently one safety recall in effect for certain 2018 GMC Savana:
- Equipment malfunction. In the case of a fire, the fire extinguisher may be blocked or unusable, increasing the danger of harm.
The GMC Savana series maintenance
The GMC Savana, like a large work or cargo van, will often cost more to repair and maintain than a mid-size vehicle. This can vary depending on whether you have 1500, 2500, or 3500 Savana, since components and labor for the 3500 Savana might be more expensive than for 1500.
The disadvantage of having a 12-passenger vehicle, like the GMC Savana, is that your fuel efficiency will be significantly worse than that of comparable smaller cars. Expect up to 11 mpg in town and 16 mpg on the highway.
In order to ensure your GMC Savana, you should expect to pay typical prices. You might save even more if your car has additional safety features or if you qualify for other insurance savings such as paperless billing or bundling your home and auto insurance.
Check out our review of Ford Transit Connect Insurance Cost for one more car insurance review.