A truck that is a little inexpensive for pickups, but still more than a regular car, will cost you over $500. A Ford Ranger’s average cost is $157 each month, or $1,884 per year. The yearly cost-to-base insurance price ratio is 12.7% at the baseline price, up from the national average of 4%.
How do I compare insurance for the Ranger?
When you notice your over-average insurance costs, the joy of a fresh new Ranger might wane. You can locate the lowest premium for which you are eligible by browsing with insurance companies.
Factors should be included in the projected premium of the Ranger:
- Body type. This adored automobile model is the most costly form of car insured into today’s trucks as a medium-sized car.
- Fuel. With the average fuel efficiency of the vehicle, which is 22 mpg, you won’t save much. However, this milestone is more than for other lorries.
- Theft rates. The new Ranger did not make a roadmark sufficiently for assessments. But in the 2011 model, 34 automobiles per 10,000 produced are robbed at a greater rate.
- Maintenance. This US-grown vehicle maintains minimal maintenance costs with no special care or high price parts needed.
- Coverage. The truck is built for duty instead of luxury, you may choose ordinary coverage. But consider extensive and roadside help due to the possibility for the high robbery and mechanical failures of prior versions.
- Insurer options. Almost every insurer takes your guard and allows you to compare many suppliers.
- Warranty. The vehicle offers a standard warranty for bumper/bumper coverage for three years or 36,000 miles and for the powertrain for five years, or 60,000 miles.
Does the Ford Ranger qualify for discounts?
Yes. Seek discounts on common security features, including:
- Anti Lock brakes
- Antitheft system
- Stability control
- Front impact airbags
- Side impact airbags
- Overhead airbags
More affordable insurance is out there!
Thousands of users saved up to $79 per month on their insurance.Prices vary based on your driving history, location, age, gender, etc.
How reliable is the Ford Ranger?
The safety and dependability of new models on the market are difficult to determine. However, from the 2011 Ford Ranger we can gain some insight:
- Safety. The 2019 Ranger does not contain safety ratings, although 3 out of 5 NHTSA stars were given the 2011 model.
- Reliability. To now, there are unthreatening concerns such as lit-up engine lights in complaints for the new Ranger. The general dependability of this vehicle is similarly 3 out of 4 however certain mechanical difficulties have been noted in earlier model years.
- Recalls. There are no recalls for the vehicle this year, although the 2011 model had two airbags and taillights.
The Ford Ranger could only be higher since it’s a medium-sized vehicle. To get the hard work protection you need, you can compare numerous insurance companies. Or see rates for another manufacturer or model.
Check out our review of Toyota Tacoma Insurance Cost for one more car insurance review.