The 2020 Ford Escape is below the typical price for a hybrid SUV, and we estimate Ford Escape Hybrid insurance cost that is just as inexpensive as comparable SUVs. The premium for the Ford Escape is roughly $220 per month, or $2,640 a year, over the domestic average, compared to the Toyota RAV4 hybrid. The basic price of the RAV4 also is $29,000.
How do I compare insurance for the Escape?
This stylish SUV offers numerous good benefits, including reduced theft, basic coverage and widespread alternatives for an insurance cost. Weigh the variables that reduce the premium for this vehicle:
- Body type. This tiny SUV is very affordable to insure for a sporty ride.
- Fuel. Ford still has to provide this model’s fuel saving, but it will land in the range of a car at 550 miles. The RAV4 hybrid of the Toyota motorway stands at about 450 miles.
- Theft rates. Previous Escape models had no reports of theft, a positive in the eyes of the insurance company.
- Maintenance. The 2012 model owners have complained to NHTSA of around 450 issues, mostly on fuel and speed control systems. However, the older type was able to make complaints for several years.
- Coverage. Consider collision, full coverage and gap coverage for wide protection for new cars.
- Insurer options. Most insurers cover this hybrid, but also specialist electric car insurers might qualify.
- Warranty. Ford gives a three-year bumper-to-bumper guarantee, or 36,000 miles and eight years or 100,000 miles hybrid components guarantee. The guarantee also contains five years or 60,000 miles of roadside support.
- Manufacturer offer. The hybrid offers a retail incentive of $500, but you may need financing through Ford.
Does the Ford Escape qualify for discounts?
The Escape includes basic safety measures or a range of driver support options that might bring you several discounts.
- Antitheft system
- Antilock brakes
- Driver assistance technology
- Hybrid/electric discounts
More affordable insurance is out there!
Thousands of users saved up to $79 per month on their insurance.Prices vary based on your driving history, location, age, gender, etc.
How reliable is the Ford Escape?
SUVs safety and reliability are based on past model years in the center of the road. Newer models can nevertheless have additional safety measures installed in which your insurance costs might be reduced.
- Safety. In most areas, the 2012 release has the NHTSA’s average safeguards. The driver-side collision ratings are somewhat inferior.
- Reliability. The average dependability rating of the Escape Hybrid 2012 is 3 out of 5 J.D. Power stars.
- Recalls. You shouldn’t expect any reminders of the new model as in prior years there were none.
In its favor, the Ford Escape Hybrid has cheap theft prices, ticket prices and basic coverage. But because of this vehicle’s mediocre safety ratings, you probably will not see your premium reduce.
Find out which insurers are offering the best prices, or check for another manufacturer or model.
Check out our review of Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Insurance Rates for another car insurance review.