Farmers Insurance is one of the most popular insurance companies in the United States, offering a broad range of coverage options at competitive prices, as well as some bundling possibilities.
Farmers Insurance Pros and Cons
- Coverage that is completely customizable for both vehicle and house insurance policies
- Opportunities for bundling several lines of insurance
- Numerous automobile insurance reductions are available.
- Fewer customer complaints than average
- Higher rates than some competitors
Farmers car insurance review 2021
Farmers Insurance, headquartered in California, is a highly respected supplier of automobile insurance that has been in operation since 1880. On average, the company’s vehicle insurance policies are comparable to those offered by large insurers in terms of pricing and availability of optional coverage. Continue reading to learn more about these coverage options and the benefits of being a Farmers Insurance policyholder.
- Claims Satisfaction (J.D. Power) — Average. Farmers are ranked around average by J.D. Power in terms of total claim satisfaction for 2020.
- Customer Satisfaction (J.D. Power) — Below average. According to J.D. Power’s 2021 customer satisfaction study, Farmers’ overall customer satisfaction is below average.
- Financial Strength (A.M. Best) — Excellent. Farmers received a “excellent” financial strength rating from A.M. Best. You should have no need to be concerned about the company’s capacity to pay claims.
- Claims Satisfaction (NAIC) — Fewer complaints than average. In its most recent year of reporting, the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) received fewer complaints from Farmers policyholders than the industry average.
Where is Farmers car insurance available?
Farmer’s auto insurance plans are available in the following states. However, due to the Farmers Insurance Group’s reach, drivers in areas where Farmers is not accessible may be able to obtain coverage via one of the company’s subsidiaries. While Farmers maintains a website dedicated to Hawaii auto insurance, coverage appears to be administered through 21st Century Insurance.
Farmers car insurance coverage options
Farmer’s auto insurance coverage includes mandatory liability coverage, comprehensive and collision coverage, personal injury protection (in some areas), medical payments, and uninsured motorist coverage, among others. Continue reading to learn more about Farmers’ more distinctive coverage choices.
Towing and roadside assistance coverage
Towing and roadside assistance coverage are available as add-ons to your insurance policy. With Farmers’ 24-hour roadside assistance, you may receive assistance in the following situations:
- Flat tire change
- Locksmith services
- Roadside winching
- Towing services to the nearest qualifying mechanic
- Police, fire or medical assistance connection
Farmers will overlook your first at-fault accident if you have been accident-free for three years.
Loss of use
Farmers will pay you for expenses connected to taxis, public transportation, or a rental car if your vehicle is rendered undrivable as a consequence of a covered loss. This is covered under Farmers’ collision or comprehensive insurance policies.
Car rental reimbursement
If your car is determined to be undrivable, this insurance policy will cover the cost of a rental vehicle. This coverage is valid for a period of up to 30 days.
Customized equipment coverage
If you’ve customized your car, you may add this coverage to cover the cost of replacing these enhanced components in the case of a covered loss. This coverage may include speakers and alloy wheels.
Farmers can replace or repair a damaged windshield at no cost to you.
Original equipment manufacturer (OEM)
Any new components added to your coverage under this policy will be replaced with the original manufacturer parts. To qualify for this benefit, you must maintain collision and comprehensive coverage on your car and it must be less than ten years old.
Farmers highly advise that if you drive for Lyft or Uber, you add rideshare insurance to your policy to guarantee your car is completely insured. This coverage will increase the time you spend driving about waiting for a ride request to the time you spend waiting for a ride request.
Farmers car insurance discounts and reward programs
Farmers offer a limited number of state-specific discounts and reward programs. Consult a Farmer’s agent in your area to determine if these programs are available in your area.
- Multi-policy discount. If you have multiple Farmers policies, you may qualify for a multi-policy discount.
- Good driver discount. If you have not been involved in an accident in the last three to five years, you may qualify for a good driver discount on your Farmers vehicle coverage.
- Good student discount. If you or a driver on your policy has a grade point average of 3.0 or above and is under the age of 25, you may qualify for a substantial student discount.
- Homeowner discount. Depending on your location, Farmers may offer you a modest discount for becoming a homeowner.
- Affinity/membership discount. Certain jobs qualify for a Farmers policy discount. Generally, proof of employment is necessary. This discount is governed by state law.
Farmers vs. Competitors
- Farmers. $131
- Allstate. $170
- GEICO. $94
- Nationwide. $90
- Progressive. $104
- State Farm. $108
More affordable insurance is out there!
Thousands of users saved up to $79 per month on their insurance.Prices vary based on your driving history, location, age, gender, etc.
Where is Farmers auto insurance cheapest?
Farmers Insurance is one of the cheapest auto insurance providers in Idaho and Texas, costing $105 per year.
Farmers Insurance bundling options
Farmers Insurance provides a few extra insurance products that may be combined with your vehicle coverage.
- Life insurance
- Vacant home
- Landlord/rental home
- Motorcycle insurance
- Umbrella insurance
- Pet insurance
- Renters insurance
How to cancel a Farmers Insurance policy
Farmers must be notified of cancellations by contacting 1-888-327-6335. If you have a Farmers representative in your area, you can also cancel your insurance through phone or in person. Depending on your location, you may be charged cancellation costs or, in certain instances, receive reimbursement when terminating an insurance policy.
Can I cancel my Farmers policy online?
Farmers do not accept policy cancellations online. Requests for cancellations can be made through your local agent or by contacting 1-888-327-6335 and speaking with a representative.
Farmers Insurance Group subsidiaries
While Farmers is owned by the Zurich Insurance Group, the company also owns a number of smaller insurance businesses in order to diversify its product offerings. Farmers’ most popular subsidiaries are listed below.
- 21st Century Insurance
- Foremost Insurance
- Bristol West Insurance
- Mid-Century Insurance
Farmers online features and app
Farmers Insurance’s website can produce quotations for houses, vehicles, and a variety of other insurance policies. The layout is simple to use, and helpful insurance material is easily accessible. Additionally, the site has the following features:
- Auto insurance quotes when combined with homeowners, condo, renters, or life insurance
- File and manage claims
- When coupled with homeowners, condo, renters, or life insurance, auto insurance rates may be rather affordable.
- Finding local agents
Farmers Insurance’s mobile app is accessible for both Apple and Android devices and offers identical functionality to the website, including the following options for policyholders:
- Manage billing
- File claims
- Request roadside assistance
- View policy documents
- Access digital insurance ID cards
Additionally, the Farmers Signal telematics app is available for download, which enables drivers to participate in Farmers Insurance’s telematics program and potentially qualify for savings.
Check out our review of Cincinnati Insurance Company Review.