California Casualty has been in the insurance business for almost a century. Based in San Mateo, California, the firm provides a variety of coverage options in a number of states around the United States. However, eligibility is restricted to individuals who work in education, nursing, law enforcement, or as a first responder. Due to the company’s very restricted reach, it seeks to give unique advantages and benefits to its consumers that would not be accessible otherwise.
Cal Casualty provides a plethora of coverage options and benefits to qualified consumers, but the firm has a terrible reputation for customer service.
While these job-related benefits may appeal to some, the firm has a higher complaint percentage for house and vehicle insurance. Below is a summary of the many policy options offered by California Casualty Insurance.
Who is eligible for California Casualty insurance?
California Casualty is not accessible to all residents. To qualify, you must work in one of the following industries:
- Law enforcement professionals
California Casualty auto insurance review
California Casualty vehicle insurance provides the same conventional coverage options as other big insurance firms, but the company distinguishes itself in a few ways. Along with a few typical discounts, California Casualty guarantees its rates for an entire year, safeguarding consumers from unexpected rate increases. However, the firm receives a greater volume of consumer complaints and has a less-than-perfect financial rating. Continue reading to learn more about the coverage choices and availability offered by California Casualty.
- JD Power Rating — Not rated
- Financial strength — Good: Cal Casualty’s financial status, according to AM Best, is substantially worse than that of several leading carriers; they were assigned a B++ rating.
- NAIC Rating — Poor: In 2020, the National Association of Insurance Commissioners received more complaints about California Casualty than the national average.
Where is California Casualty car insurance available?
In 44 states and the District of Columbia, California Casualty sells personal vehicle insurance coverage. Cal Casualty insurance are administered by a partner firm in the state of North Carolina.
Is California Casualty car insurance for you?
- Drivers who desire a level of customization in their coverage
- Drivers interested in bundling various forms of insurance
- Drivers who operate in a variety of service-oriented industries
- High-risk motorists
- Drivers who are not eligible
- Customers that place a premium on customer service and claim satisfaction
- Those who prefer the convenience of online and mobile insurance
California Casualty auto insurance coverage options
Standard vehicle policy provisions such as liability, comprehensive and collision coverage, uninsured motorist coverage, personal injury protection (where applicable), and medical payments are available to policyholders. However, the firm offers several proprietary coverages that are not readily available elsewhere. Below are some of the numerous auto insurance choices offered by California Casualty.
- Roadside assistance. For an additional fee, you may add roadside support, which can assist you if your vehicle breaks down. This coverage includes towing as well as other services.
- Car insurance in Mexico through Cal Casualty. California Casualty has partnered with Mexpro, a Mexican auto insurance business, to provide coverage for cross-border travel. Discover how to obtain coverage in Mexico.
Coverage designed for educators
- Foreign exchange program
- Sabbatical return benefit
Coverage designed for firefighters and peace officers
- Turnout gear and firearm coverage
- Fallen Hero/Fallen Officer benefit
California Casualty car insurance discounts
California Casualty has several methods for you to save money on auto insurance. The following is a list of some of the more popular auto insurance discounts offered by Cal Casualty:
- Multi-car: Reduce your insurance costs by insuring numerous vehicles on the same policy.
- Multi-policy: Combining various coverage types may result in a savings.
- Mature driver: With age comes knowledge – and with wisdom comes better driving, which results in savings.
- Good student: Students with better grades are less expensive to insure..
- College graduate: With a college degree, you may save money on your insurance rates.
More affordable insurance is out there!
Thousands of users saved up to $79 per month on their insurance.Prices vary based on your driving history, location, age, gender, etc.
California Casualty insurance bundling options
California Casualty offers a variety of insurance products, many of which may be combined to save money. Bundling your vehicle and home insurance with the same insurer enables you to save money. Additionally, bundling insurance plans can eliminate difficulties by consolidating your insurance needs under one roof rather than with many separate firms. Bundling reductions also apply to renters, condo, and other Cal Cas policies – however the savings on insurance premiums may be less with less costly insurance bundles. To discover the finest home and auto insurance bundles or to learn more about the benefits of bundling, contact an insurance professional.
How to cancel a California Casualty Insurance policy
Simply call 1-800-800-9410 to talk with a specialist about canceling a California Casualty Insurance policy.
Can I cancel my California Casualty policy online?
You cannot cancel a Cal Casualty policy online at this time.
California Casualty online features and apps
California Casualty’s internet capabilities are restricted in comparison to the majority of large and mid-sized insurance providers. Customers can create an online account to have access to policy materials. Similarly, you may make payments and submit claims online, but there are few additional online options. California Casualty presently does not offer a mobile application.
Is California Casualty the right company for you?
When shopping for insurance — whether house, car, or other — it’s critical to choose a provider that delivers the coverage choices you want at an accessible price. Along with financial and customer service ratings, checking out customer reviews is another excellent way to get a feel of what others have encountered.
For another car insurance review, visit our review of Allstate Insurance Review.