A 2019 BMW 6 Series average vehicle insurance premium is $242.78 per month — or $2.913.36 per year. The real costs nevertheless depend on your driving history, type of automobile, location, and other variables.
How to compare insurance for the BMW 6 Series
Often your state demands automobile insurance without you living in New Hampshire or Virginia. Coverage shopping may be frustrating because many providers use similar languages but various policy specifics to compare your alternatives. But if you know what you are searching for, the procedure is a lot easier. Here are some features to remember when shopping.
- Price. When receiving estimates from various providers, use the same driver and vehicle information. This helps you compare similar coverage costs.
- Deductible. Higher deductible policies generally offer smaller rewards and the reverse effect is for those with lower deductibles. Select an amount that meets your budget and financial circumstances.
- Minimum coverage. Coverage is compulsory in your country, there is a strong probability. Make sure that the minimal levels of your state are reached before obtaining a policy.
- Additional coverage. Protection against personal injury and health care are two of a large number of supplementary coverage choices. Include it when receiving quotes, if you require more coverage.
- Extras. Features and bonuses differ from one policy to another. See what is included and for which additional you have to pay.
- Restrictions. Some suppliers have limits that could limit your coverage. See if there are any applicable claims or gaps in coverage to avoid refused claims.
- Manufacturer offers or loyalty discounts. Find out whether there are any special deals or savings for your manufacturer through insurance agreements.
- Warranty. Find out what is covered or expanded by your manufacturer to prevent overlap payments.
What factors affect car insurance rates for BMW 6 Series?
As you know, the cost of vehicle insurance may be affected by a variety of variables. The car you drive plays an important part in the calculation of your rates while driver and location variables are undoubtedly taken into consideration. This is because the theft rates, safety features, performance, and other elements are varied in all vehicles. This is how the features of the BMW 6 series may impact insurance costs.
- Body type. The 2-door coupe of the 6 Series has a powerful performance with a 445 hp engine. The four-door type can be cheaper to insure yet it could result in higher fees.
- Type of car. The BMW 6 Series is a high quality car. Luxury. The sorts of automobiles that might lead to increased rates are costly to manufacture and repair.
- Theft. Coupures are stolen far less often than pick-up trucks and sedans. The two-door versions might thus be cheaper to insure than any of the four-door variants.
- Repairs. Although BMWs are typically regarded as reliable, parts and servicing might be costly. The cost of coverage might be increased.
- Safety ratings. The 6 Series currently has no official IIHS or NHTSA security ratings. Nevertheless, BMWs have an excellent reputation for safe automobiles that can assist lower insurance costs.
How do trim packages and extra build options affect insurance cost?
Your insurance costs depend primarily on your opportunity to file claims and the cost of their payment by the provider. While this risk may influence your location and driving history, your choice of vehicle has a far greater impact. Like the variation between marks and models in characteristic and performing characteristics, your construction selections also can impact your risk profile. Based on the BMW 650i xDrive Coupe base, here is how trim and packages may influence insurance costs.
- Gran Coupe. The four-door gran coupe offers more seats and less power, which makes it a good family pick. This might make it cheaper to insure in tandem with its lower price tag.
- Cabriolet. The cabriolet is less secure in the case of a rollover collision compared to other six series variants. It might make insurance more expensive and its higher price tag.
- Gran Turismo. The four-door sportback style is ideal for families and other low risk drivers. This can make automotive insurance cheaper.
- Executive Package. This package has a variety of elements which can enhance visibility and lower accident risk. It can minimize insurance costs by adding it.
- M Sport Edition. This package, among many other things, offers driver support to prevent accidents. You can save on insurance by choosing this option.
- Technology Package. This bundle provides blind spot detection, driving help plus, and more. Better visibility might make car insurance more cheap.
BMW 6 Series money-saving safety features
If you are fitted with these safety measures, you can save money on vehicle insurance for your BMW 6 Series.
- Anti-lock brakes
- Anti-theft device
- Parking sensors
- Surround view camera system
- Daytime running lights
- Electronic stability control
- Seatbelt pretensioners
- Rear backup sensors
- Lane-departure warning systems
- Adaptive cruise control
Does the BMW 6 Series qualify for auto insurance discounts?
Depending on the supplier you pick, your car may receive varying savings for auto insurance. The actual reductions you receive, however, may differ according to region, provider, choices, and other variables. Here are some of them for the BMW 6 Series:
- New car discount
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Passive restraint discount (Airbags, motorized seat belts, etc.)
- Emergency roadside assistance discount
How reliable is the BMW 6 Series?
The BMW 6 Series has been affected by multiple recalls since its release.
- 2017. A limited number of cars of the 2017 6-series were revoked owing to an airbag inflator faulty that could not be activated in the case of an accident.
- 2016. Some vehicles of the 2016 6 series were recalled because the fuel pump had been defective and might have led to gasoline leakage or fuel pump failure.
- 2011. There was a restricted number of convertibles of the 2011 6 series because of problems with the water pump circuit board, which may impede cooling properly and lead to a fire.
The six-series lineup had very few common issues although it had been produced since the late 1970s. Although some owners describe problems with stalling, early wear, and faulty lights, they do not appear to be extremely important problems.
More affordable insurance is out there!
Thousands of users saved up to $79 per month on their insurance.Prices vary based on your driving history, location, age, gender, etc.
BMW 6 Series maintenance
The 6th series is meant to offer a comfortable and dependable driving experience in accordance with BMWs for other luxury cars. Although it takes little care to keep it on the way, it may be guaranteed by periodic service visits. BMW parts and services may also be expensive and maintaining an ordinary maintenance routine will assist to avoid sudden, costly repair costs. For oil changes, miles, service intervals, and more, this is what you should expect.
- Every 10,000 miles or 12 months, BMW proposes oil changes. You may want to consider changing it more regularly, depending on how you use your car.
- The cost of oil modifications must be between $100 and $200.
- Averaging 19 miles per gallon for a 650i xDrive Coupe 2017 with 16 in town and 24 on the motorway.
- Average of 18 miles per gallon for the 2018 BMW 650i x Drive Gran Coupe, with 15 in town and 24 by road.
- A standard four years/50,000-mile guarantee comes with the 2018 BMW 6 Series.
- The new BMW models come with a service interval indicator and a condition-based service system. Both systems monitor your car and inform you when the parts are to be replaced and when the vehicle is to be placed in operation.
Is an extended warranty worth it for the BMW 6 Series?
The 6 series includes a BMW BMW four-year/50-000-mile guarantee covering faulty components and in-service issues. Free roadside help and a separate guarantee for corrosion are also included. While the usual guarantee is high, the 6 Series components and servicing might be costly. The extension of the warranty might give reassurance when the first coverage expires. The servicing comes from trained BMW experts, replacements for OEM parts, mechanical fail-off towing, among other services.
In addition, BMW Ultimate Care, a 3 year/36,000-mile component maintenance plan, is available to qualify six-series vehicles. Additional extended maintenance plans are available at an additional cost.
How safe is the BMW 6 Series?
About the BMW 6 Series
Since 1976, the BMW 6 Series model has been available, however, manufacturing in 1989 came to an end. In 2003, the six-series model was revived and is now in the third generation. This big luxury automobile is recognized for its high-performance engine and modern interior design.
Compare BMW competitors
Explore different BMW models or learn what others are offering.
The 6 Series is a premium two-door luxury coupe that can also be used as a sedan, four-door convertible, and four-door sports vehicle. Like other BMWs, the 6 Series has a series of high-security and driver support capabilities that can help lower vehicle insurance costs. That says, the price you’re paying varies according to several aspects, so you should evaluate your choices to discover the appropriate policy and supplier for you.
Visit our review of BMW 8 Series Insurance Cost.