A 2021 BMW 5 Series insurance cost has an average of $223.38 per month or $2.680.56 per year. Your real prices nevertheless depend on your driving history, your car model, your location, and other variables.
How to compare insurance for the BMW 5 Series
Car insurance is a costly undertaking, which nearly all drivers require but none wants to use. Shopping may be frustrating for everyone. Coverage and policies might vary significantly across suppliers, while most claim to offer the best pricing.
If it is not too hard to locate a business to ensure your 5 Series, it might be tough to get the appropriate insurance if you don’t know what to search for. Here are some aspects that should be taken into account when shopping.
- Price. Price doesn’t matter much if equivalent insurance doesn’t compare. To correctly compare your alternatives, use the same information for each quote.
- Deductible. Be aware that you are likely to be affected by the cost of your deductible. Select a fee that meets your budget and will not break the bank when you make a claim.
- Minimum coverage. Each state has obligatory minimum coverage standards outside of New Hampshire and Virginia. Before buying coverage, ensure that your state minimum is fulfilled.
- Additional coverage. Further coverage choices may give additional protection outside of your regular insurance. If you are interested in protection against personal injury, the coverage of your medical bills or any other alternatives, ensure that you include them with quotations.
- Extras. Forgiveness for accidents, deductible disappearance and roadside help are a few of potential political supplements. See which insurance characteristics are covered and for which you will have to pay extra.
- Restrictions. Policy limitations may lead to rejected claims or coverage deficiencies. Request any restrictions before an insurance is purchased.
- Manufacturer offer or loyalty discount. BMW collaborations might allow you to receive manufacturer incentives or loyalty discounts. Talk to your dealer for additional information.
- Warranty. Find out what your manufacturer covers or extended warranty to prevent overlaps.
What factors affect car insurance rates for BMW 5 Series?
Car insurance never fits all in one size. The risks of a collision and the cost of repairs may vary according to the number of drivers, locations, and automobiles. Since the performance, crash test results, theft rates, and other characteristics might differ across marks and models, the amount you pay for auto insurance directly influences your vehicle selection. Here are some of the characteristics of the 5 Series and how they might influence your insurance costs.
- Body type. The 5 series consists of a four-door car for families, travelers and other low-risk drivers every day. This could result in reduced prices.
- Type of car. BMW produces luxurious automobiles and no exception is the 5 Series. The cost of insuring luxury automobiles is usually higher.
- Theft. Sadly, sedans are the most commonly stolen car type. This may result in increased rates of vehicle insurance.
- Repairs. While BMW has production facilities in the United States, parts and servicing might still be costly. The huge repair costs might make insurance more expensive.
- Safety ratings. The 5 Series has excellent safety ratings and even received the top safety pick+ of the 2018 IIHS. This can contribute to reducing insurance costs.
How do trim packages and extra build options affect insurance cost?
Insurance rates are based primarily on your odds of an accident and the costs of paying claims. These risks may be directly affected by your driving history, location, and car, and therefore you must have quotations that reflect your current circumstances. Although your choice of product and model might affect insurance costs, various trimmings and packages could also have an effect. Here’s how options might influence your prices based on the baseline BMW 530i.
- xDrive. xDrive is a BMW all-wheel drive technology capable of improving driving and traction. If this option is used, the auto assurance rate would be better.
- 540i. The 540i is an increase in power and pricing that can make vehicle insurance more expensive.
- Diesel. In average, diesel cars are more expensive to fix compared to petrol. The choice of this option might raise insurance costs.
- Hybrid. Although this alternative might help you save on gas, it can be costly repairs and insurance.
- Executive Tier. In addition to LED headlights, Parking Assistant Plus and more, the Executive level included. Visibility enhancement might lead to improved rates.
- Dynamic Handling Package. This bundle might enhance the management of lower car insurance.
- Driving Assistance Package. These elements can increase safety and minimize the likelihood of accidents. This can also cut insurance costs.
- Lighting or Night Vision Package. These packages might help you to notice people and to get to know them on the road. It may contribute to reducing insurance costs.
- Parking Assistance Package. This package can minimize your risks of getting in other cars when parking and help you get better insurance rates. This package can assist.
BMW 5 Series money-saving safety features
If it comes with these safety measures, you may save money on vehicle insurance for your BMW 5 Series.
- Anti-lock brakes
- Anti-theft device
- Parking sensors
- Surround view camera system
- Daytime running lights
- Electronic stability control
- Seatbelt pretensioners
- Rear backup sensors
- Lane-departure warning systems
- Adaptive cruise control
Does the BMW 5 Series qualify for auto insurance discounts?
Depending on the supplier you chose, your vehicle may be eligible for different car insurance reductions. The actual discounts you receive might vary though based on the region, supplier, choices, and other variables. Here are many of the BMW 5 series applicable:
- New car discount
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Passive restraint discount (Airbags, motorized seat belts, etc.)
- Emergency roadside assistance discount
More affordable insurance is out there!
Thousands of users saved up to $79 per month on their insurance.Prices vary based on your driving history, location, age, gender, etc.
How reliable is the BMW 5 Series?
BMW has developed a lot of vehicles that may be categorized as five series, so that common issues can not be identified. Many problems with the 5-series have occurred in previous versions. There are relatively few frequent faults in recent models like 530i and 550.
- 2018. Due to a mistake in the software of the engine management unit, the fuel pump may cease operating and the engine might be stopped in some 5 Series vehicles in 2018.
- 2016. Some 2016 5 series vehicles have been revoked owing to faulty airbag inflators, which cannot be properly deployed when an accident occurs. Certain models have problems with retention mounting anchors, which might impede effective securing of booster or children’s seats.
- 2015. Almost 3,000 BMW 5 vehicles from 2015 have been recorded as a result of steering and electrical problems caused by severe moisture exposure. See your dealer if your car has been affected.
- 2013. Almost 500 vehicles in the 2013 5 Series were recalled for retroreflective and lighting systems which do not meet with safety regulations. In addition, approximately 10,000 5 cars from the series 2012-2013 5 had a production mistake which might lead to a lower oil supply on the braking system for the vacuum-pump.
- 2011. A limited number of vehicles from 2010 and 2011 5 Series were recalled for a gasoline delivery problem that might provide incorrect readings of the fuel indicator. Almost 4,000 cars have also been recalled for concerns with the auxiliary water pump which might prevent the turbocharger from being cooled correctly and which could eventually lead to fire.
BMW 5 Series maintenance
As with most other cars from BMW, the 5 Series offers a comfortable driving experience with less time in the shop and more time on the road. The BMW is not difficult to maintain with its high-reliance ratings and cutting-edge technology, but it does not imply that you should avoid services. Maintenance routines can guarantee your 5 series works properly throughout the next years. Here is what you must know. This is what you must know.
- Each 10,000 miles or 12 months, BMW advises a change in oil. You may want to consider changing it more frequently depending on how you use your vehicle.
- The cost of oil changes should vary between $100 and $200, though.
- The 2018 530i is 27 miles per gallon on average, with 24 in the town and 34 on the interstate.
- Average 23 miles per gallon of the 2018 BMW 540i xDrive, 20 in the urban area and 29 on the interstate.
- Average of 72 miles/gallon of electric + gas power is achieved in the 2018 BMW 530e Hybrid and 29 mpg petrol.
- A standard four-year 50,000 mile guarantee is included with the 2018 BMW 5 series.
- The new BMW models come with a service interval indicator and a condition-based service system. Both systems monitor your car and tell you when components need to be substituted and when the vehicle should be placed on duty.
Is an extended warranty worth it for the BMW 5 Series?
The 5-series comes with the 4-year/50-000 mile BMW guarantee, which covers faulty parts and inappropriate service problems. Free assistance by road and a separate guarantee against corrosion are also provided. Although the usual warranty is high, the 5-series can have costly components and services. The addition of the extended guarantee might provide calm after the first coverage has expired. It is offered in many terms with servicing provided by authorized BMW experts, replacement of OEM parts, mechanical breakdown towing, and more.
In addition, BMW Ultimate Care is a three-year 36,000-kilometer complimentary maintenance package for qualifying 5-series vehicles. For an additional charge, there are different extended maintenance options.
How safe is the BMW 5 Series?
The 5 Series boasts incredible safety ratings, like with other BMW automobiles. The 2018 BMW 5 series offers the U.S. News and J. D. Power a perfect safety rating of 10/10 and maximum ratings in all areas of crash test. It received the highest safety pick+ 2018 IIHS and almost ideal crash resistance ratings.
Compare BMW competitors
Explore other BMW models or see other manufacturers offering BMW 5 series-like cars.
A luxury contemporary business car with cutting-edge technology is the 5 Series. From little over $5,000, it’s a fantastic daily driver or family car with its high safety features and crash test scores. You shouldn’t locate a provider to cover your 5 Series, but evaluate your choices in order to obtain the best policy and pricing.
For another car insurance review, Check out our review of Acura RLX Insurance Cost & Rates.