The average monthly cost of Audi Q5 insurance rates is $138, for a total annual cost of $1,656. A 2017 Audi Q5 begins at $40,900, making it one of the most affordable premium vehicles to insure, especially when compared to Mercedes-Benz or BMW models. With an average yearly insurance premium of $1,656 per year, the annual insurance cost–to–base automobile price ratio is 4.0 percent, which is in line with the national average.
What factors affect car insurance rates for Audi Q5?
Your rates are calculated by providers depending on a variety of criteria related to your risk of being involved in an accident, making a claim, and the expense of paying out claims. This is why your location, driving history, and a variety of other factors all have a direct impact on the premium you’ll pay for vehicle insurance.
While these personal characteristics all have an influence, your car itself has a significant impact on the cost of auto insurance. Here’s how the Audi Q5 compares to other vehicles and how its features may impact your insurance rates.
- Body type. The Q5 is a crossover SUV, a body style that performs well in an accident. When compared to sedans or sports vehicles, this may result in reduced insurance costs.
- Type of car. Audi is known for producing premium automobiles, and the Q5 is no different. Its status as a premium car may result in higher rates.
- Theft. SUVs and crossovers are stolen considerably less frequently than sedans, which may explain why rates are typically cheaper.
- Repairs. Despite the fact that Audi cars are manufactured elsewhere, fixing the Q5 should not be significantly more expensive than repairing other SUVs in its class. Parts and repair businesses are easily accessible, which may contribute to lower vehicle insurance rates.
- Safety ratings. The Q5, like many other Audi vehicles, has excellent safety ratings, which could help you save money on insurance.
How do trim packages and extra build options affect insurance cost?
As you are aware, the car you drive has a significant impact on the cost of your auto insurance. Your rates are calculated by providers depending on a variety of vehicle-specific criteria such as power, planned usage, safety features, and more.
However, because most new cars are built to meet the demands of the driver, some choices may affect the vehicle’s performance. Depending on the trims and options on your Audi Q5, your provider may need to alter your prices to reflect its features correctly. Here’s how different trims, packages, and extras may influence your insurance prices based on the standard “Komfort” package.
- Progressiv. The Progressiv package includes an entry-level sensor system, cruise control, front and rear parking sensors, and other features. Increased visibility may help to prevent accidents and, as a result, lower your insurance premiums.
- Technik. This package includes all of the features included in the Progressiv package, as well as improved lighting, Audi Connect, and a variety of additional amenities. Premiums might be decreased if visibility and security increase.
Packages and options
- Driver Assistance Package. The inclusion of adaptive cruise control, traffic sign recognition, and other driver aid systems may result in lower vehicle insurance rates.
- Upgraded suspension. Choosing one of the suspension kits may enhance handling and, as a result, help you save money on vehicle insurance.
- Trailer hitch. Towing objects may place additional pressure on your car or increase the likelihood of damage, which may result in higher insurance costs.
- Front and rear side airbags. Including this safety element may assist to prevent harm and damage in the case of a collision, which may also help to lower your insurance premiums.
- Wheel locks. Wheel locks significantly minimize the likelihood of your wheels being stolen. Providers are aware of this and may offer you a discount if you have them installed.
Audi Q5 money-saving safety features
If your Audi Q5 has certain safety features, you may be able to save money on car insurance.
- Daytime running lights
- Anti-lock brakes
- Anti-theft device
- Surround camera system
- Parking sensors
- Rear backup sensors
- LED fog lights
- Electronic stability control
- Seatbelt pretensioners
Does the Audi Q5 qualify for auto insurance discounts?
Depending on whatever carrier you pick, your vehicle may be eligible for certain auto insurance savings. The actual reductions you receive, however, may vary based on your region, provider, selections, and other variables. Here are a few examples that should be applicable to the Audi Q5:
- New car discount
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Passive restraint discount (Airbags, motorized seat belts, etc.)
- Emergency roadside assistance discount
How reliable is the Audi Q5?
The Audi Q5 has been on the market since 2008. According to U.S. News & World Report, the 2018 Audi Q5 is the best luxury small SUV. The most recent model has been completely overhauled, with a new basic engine, driver aid systems, and a new entertainment system. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety named the 2017 model a Top Safety Pick.
The 2018 Audi Q5 has a 3/5 star dependability rating, which is approximately average for comparable cars in its class, according to U.S. News and J.D. Power. However, it is regarded as the best luxury small SUV and was named the 2018 Best Luxury Compact SUV for Families.
More affordable insurance is out there!
Thousands of users saved up to $79 per month on their insurance.Prices vary based on your driving history, location, age, gender, etc.
How safe is the Audi Q5?
The 2017 Audi Q5 was named the IIHS Top Safety Pick for midsize premium SUVs in 2017. The IIHS gives the car near-perfect marks in virtually every category and mentions that it features an advanced front collision prevention system. Furthermore, it has a 9.7/10 safety rating from U.S. News and J.D. Power, and an overall 5/5 star rating from the NHTSA.
Audi Q5 maintenance
The Q5, like many other Audi models, was intended for comfort and ease. Because of its dependability and low-maintenance construction, the 2018 model was named the best luxury compact SUV for families. Having said that, every vehicle requires periodic maintenance to guarantee its efficiency and dependability. Here’s what to anticipate from the Audi Q5 in terms of oil changes, mileage, and needed maintenance.
- Audi suggests changing the oil every 10,000 miles or 12 months, whichever comes first. An oil change may range from $100 to $200, depending on how long it’s been since your oil and filter were changed and where you take it for repair.
- According to the 2017 Audi maintenance plan, your Q5 should be serviced at 10,000 miles and then every 20,000 miles after that. Standard maintenance should be performed after the first 20,000 miles and then every 20,000 miles after that.
- The 2018 Audi Q5 2.0 gets 25 miles per gallon on average, with 23 in the city and 27 on the interstate.
- Audi urges owners to take their Q5 to a dealer for repair, but it will not void your warranty if you do so. If your car is subject to a recall, you should take it to an authorized Audi dealer for repairs.
- The 2017 Audi Q5 is backed by a four-year/50,000-mile guarantee as well as four years of 24-hour roadside support.
Is an extended warranty worth it for the Audi Q5?
The Audi Q5 comes standard with a four-year, 50,000-mile warranty, with the option to extend your coverage with the Audi Certified Plus Limited warranty. I bought this extended warranty that will cover your vehicle for an extra two years or up to 50,000 miles, up to a maximum of 100,000. While the normal manufacturer warranty is fairly extensive, purchasing an extended warranty can increase your car’s market value and give peace of mind knowing your vehicle is protected.
Compare Audi competitors
Still undecided on which model to buy? Look into other Audi models or comparable automobiles from other manufacturers.
The Audi Q5 is a fantastic family car that has a slew of safety and driver assistance technologies as standard. It is one of the greatest vehicles in its class due to its design, safety ratings, and available options. Insurance is only slightly more than the national average, but you may be eligible for vehicle insurance reductions if you choose the appropriate construction options and provider.
However, the best approach to save money on Q5 auto insurance is to evaluate your alternatives and select a coverage that fits your needs.
Visit our review of Acura RDX Insurance Cost & Rates one of Audi Q5 competitors.