The Aston Martin Rapide is a high-performance four-door sedan that was introduced in 2010. It is manufactured in tiny quantities to provide the highest level of quality control, resulting in a premium car priced at $200,000. Given its painstaking attention to detail and performance design, an Aston Martin Rapide typical annual insurance cost is $7,500 — almost six times the national average. To obtain a quotation, sort auto insurance firms according to your state.
How do I compare insurance for the Aston Martin Rapide?
The Rapide is a high-priced car designed for performance, which means it will be costly to insure. When evaluating the cost of coverage, providers evaluate many critical factors:
- Body type. Although the Rapide is a sedan, it is classified as a high-performance car, which results in a higher insurance premium.
- Fuel. The Rapide is powered by a gas engine, which is generally less expensive to insure than diesel or hybrid engines.
- Theft rates. The Aston Martin Rapide boasts a low theft rate and excellent anti-theft technology, which may help you save money on insurance.
- Maintenance. Because maintenance and repairs on this car are likely to be pricey, insurance companies will boost premiums proportionately.
- Coverage. For a car this costly, you’ll almost certainly want collision and comprehensive coverage, which will boost your premiums.
- Insurer options. While you may be able to obtain coverage from big carriers, you may be able to obtain lower rates from an insurance company that specializes in luxury and performance vehicles.
- Warranty. The Rapide comes with a three-year, unlimited-mileage warranty, but once it expires, consider purchasing extra coverage or an extended warranty.
- Safety. Although this car is not yet certified by the IIHS or NHTSA, its various safety features may assist lower insurance costs.
Why is insurance so expensive for the Aston Martin Rapide?
The Aston Martin Rapide is more expensive to insure since it is a high-performance car with a lot of power behind it. Vehicles with greater acceleration typically result in a greater number of claims over time. Additionally, more expensive vehicles require better-quality components and a more involved repair process, which contribute to higher rates.
More affordable insurance is out there!
Thousands of users saved up to $79 per month on their insurance.Prices vary based on your driving history, location, age, gender, etc.
Does the Aston Martin Rapide qualify for auto insurance discounts?
The Aston Martin Rapide may be eligible for auto insurance discounts, which may result in lower premiums. Several of the characteristics of
- Anti-theft device
- Anti-lock brakes
- Stability control
- Seatbelt pretensioners
How reliable is the Aston Martin Rapide?
Aston Martin vehicles are produced in small numbers to maintain high-quality control standards, so the Rapide is generally a reliable vehicle. Consider:
- Safety. While the Aston Martin Rapide does not yet have safety ratings, its standard safety features may help you save money on insurance.
- Reliability. While the Rapide lacks official dependability ratings, there do not appear to be many frequent problems or consumer complaints.
- Recalls. Between 2010 and 2016, some Rapide models were recalled owing to defective door latches that might prevent doors from being opened from the inside. Additionally, some 2010–2015 vehicles were recalled due to engine control module problems, while some 2012–2013 models were recalled due to a manufactured fault that may result in the throttle pedal arm breaking.
The Aston Martin Rapide is a high-performance premium car. Although its design and six-figure price tag justify high vehicle insurance rates, it may qualify for car insurance reductions that help offset the cost.
Comparing your alternatives requires obtaining estimates from several suppliers. Alternatively, you may compare Aston Martin car insurance prices for different models.
For another car insurance review, Check out our review of Ferrari Insurance Cost.