Because the resurrected Alfa Romeo GTV is planned to be spun off from the Alfa Romeo Giulia, insurance costs should be comparable to those of the Giulia and other luxury vehicles. If so, the Giulia costs $197 per month or $2,364 per year, which is more than $1,000 more than the national average. With a base price of $50,000, the yearly insurance cost-to-base car price ratio would be 4.7 percent, which is slightly higher than the national average of 4 percent. To receive a quote, sort automobile insurance firms by state.
How can I compare GTV insurance quotes?
A premium vehicle paired with a sports car frame will almost certainly result in higher insurance rates than a normal vehicle. Here’s how this vehicle might raise your premium:
- Body type. The GTV will make its debut as a sports coupe with a history of high insurance premiums.
- Fuel. Alfa Romeo has not officially disclosed these specifications, but the similar Giulia achieves 27 mpg combined in the basic model.
- Theft rates. Alfa Romeo has not officially disclosed these specifications, but the similar Giulia achieves 27 mpg combined in the basic model.
- Maintenance. Although Alfa Romeo owners haven’t experienced many typical issues, this Italian vehicle may require imported components and expert mechanics for the finest service, increasing the expense of repairs.
- Coverage. Consider a luxury policy, which will provide you with agreed-upon value and greater coverage limits to safeguard your high-priced car. However, as coverage expands, so do the charges.
- Insurer options. Although the number of luxury automobile insurance companies is limited, firms such as Chubb can assist you in finding the best offer.
- Warranty. A normal Alfa Romeo warranty lasts four years or 50,000 miles, with roadside assistance for up to four years, or five years in some cases.
Does the Alfa Romeo GTV qualify for discounts?
Yes, the GTV is expected to include characteristics that are comparable to the popular Giulia:
- Anti Lock brakes
- Driver assistance
- Seatbelt pretensioners
- Electronic stability
Why is insurance so expensive for the GTV?
Because of its body style, great engine power, and peak speeds, a luxury sport coupe commands a hefty premium. The base model will retain 280 horsepower, but the top-tiered Quadrifoglio variant may reach 600 for brief bursts of power, which might lead to hazardous driving.
More affordable insurance is out there!
Thousands of users saved up to $79 per month on their insurance.Prices vary based on your driving history, location, age, gender, etc.
How reliable is the Alfa Romeo GTV?
We compared the safety profile of the comparable Giulia sedan to the GTV because Alfa Romeo hasn’t released much information about it yet. The GTV is expected to receive comparable safety ratings.
- Safety. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety gave the 2019 Giulia excellent ratings for crash test safety. However, some trims may have limited visibility of the headlights.
- Reliability. The car gets an above-average dependability rating of 3.5 out of 5 stars from J.D. Power, so you’d think the GTV would be the same.
- Recalls. In 2017 and 2018, the Giulia was subjected to a number of recalls due to engine misfiring and brake fluid leaks, but there hasn’t been much activity since.
Much information regarding the Alfa Romeo GTV is yet to be revealed, but you can anticipate it to be safe and reliable. The luxury automobile, on the other hand, is a high-powered sports type, which leads to high insurance rates.
Get estimates from various insurers to ensure you have the greatest coverage available. Alternatively, check out how much insurance will cost for a different model.
Check out our review of BMW Insurance Cost for another car insurance review.