Insuring a 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia costs around $197 each month, for a total of $2,364 per year, which is more than $1,000 more than the national average of $1,318. This quote, however, is based on the driver’s residence in New York. If you lived in Idaho, you may spend closer to the state’s average of $1,053, or approximately $1,810 if you lived in Maryland. The amount you pay for vehicle insurance is influenced by a variety of factors, including your location. To receive a quote, sort automobile insurance firms by state.
How to compare insurance for the Alfa Romeo Giulia
Across the country, there are hundreds of vehicle insurance providers, each with its unique set of coverage possibilities. Every policy is unique, yet it might be difficult to distinguish them owing to repeated wording and comparable coverage.
When shopping around, it’s critical to examine a few key variables so that you can fairly compare estimates and suppliers.
- Price. While pricing is a significant consideration, it is best used to evaluate companies after you’ve established what coverage you require.
- Deductible. Choose a deductible that matches your budget but won’t break the bank when the time comes to submit a claim.
- Minimum coverage. Every state has its own set of statutory minimum coverage requirements. Above everything, ensure that this bare minimum is met.
- Additional coverage. If you want additional coverage, like personal injury protection, ensure that it is offered from any carrier you are considering.
- Extras. Some companies include extras like tire and rim coverage or no-deductible glass repairs. If these qualities are crucial to you, make sure to choose a supplier who offers them.
- Restrictions. Some providers impose coverage limits that may have an influence on claim payouts or future coverage. Before you sign up for insurance, be sure you understand any limits.
- Manufacturer offer or loyalty discount. Some manufacturers have insurance specials through certain suppliers. Make sure to look into your choices to see if you qualify for any special deals or discounts.
- Warranty. Before you get coverage, be sure you know what your manufacturer’s warranty covers. It’s pointless to pay for additional coverage if such features are already covered by your manufacturer’s warranty.
What factors affect car insurance rates for Alfa Romeo Giulia?
Your insurance premiums are determined by providers based on your risk as a driver, but they also examine factors like how well your car would hold up in an accident, the cost of repairs, and so on. This is why premiums differ so greatly depending on the sort of car you drive. Here are a few things that may affect the cost of Alfa Romeo Giulia auto insurance.
- Body type. The Giulia is a four-door sedan that, unlike a sports vehicle, does not represent much of a risk when driven quickly. This might assist to reduce the cost of vehicle insurance.
- Type of car. The Giulia is a premium performance sedan that is more expensive to insure than, say, a compact vehicle.
- Theft. Sedans have the greatest theft rate of any car class, which may be attributed to the fact that they are also the most popular. This might be one of the reasons why rates are higher.
- Repairs. Alfa Romeo automobiles may be more expensive to insure since obtaining parts and trained repair shops may be more difficult than if you owned a mass-produced vehicle such as a Ford or Dodge.
- Safety ratings. The Giulia is a luxury car that places a premium on passenger comfort and incorporates a variety of advanced safety systems. This may assist in lowering the cost of vehicle insurance.
How do trim packages and extra build options affect insurance cost?
The trim level and optional equipment you select can have a significant impact on the cost of auto insurance. While simple elements such as seat details and floor mats will have little effect, extras like technology upgrades, sports packages, or additional safety measures might make a significant difference. The following are some of the various packages and accessories for the Giulia, as well as how they may affect your insurance prices.
- Sport, TI, or Lusso. These packages primarily enhance the appearance of the inside and outside. Performance and safety will remain unchanged, which means that adding any of these packages will have no influence on the cost of vehicle insurance.
- Quadrifoglio. This package adds a 2.9-liter V6 twin turbo engine, increasing horsepower by more than 200. Increased power and an inflated price tag will almost certainly result in a significant increase in your premiums.
- All wheel drive. Many of these packages have the option to upgrade to all-wheel drive. This may enhance your handling, especially if you live in an area that receives a lot of snow in the winter. Increased traction and handling may result in a reduction in your insurance premiums.
- Driver assistance static package. Blind spot monitoring and parking assist devices may help you save money on your insurance.
- Driver assistance dynamic plus package. This package includes automatic headlights, collision alerts, and cruise control, among other features. These safety features may help you save money on vehicle insurance.
- Forward collision warning. This safety feature significantly decreases the chance of crashes, which may result in a reduction in your vehicle insurance costs.
- Ultra performance brakes. Upgraded brakes, available only on the Quadrifoglio, can enhance handling and lower insurance rates.
Alfa Romeo Giulia money-saving safety features
If your Alfa Romeo Giulia is equipped with certain safety features, you may be able to save money on car insurance.
- Daytime running lights
- Anti-lock brakes
- Anti-theft device
- Surround camera system
- Parking sensors
- Rear back-up sensors
- LED fog lights
- Electronic stability control
- Seatbelt pretensioners
Does the Alfa Romeo Giulia qualify for auto insurance discounts?
Depending on the company you pick, your vehicle may qualify for a variety of auto insurance discounts. However, the specific reductions you receive will vary depending on your region, provider, and available alternatives. Several of these should be applicable to the Alfa Romeo Giulia:
- New car discount
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Passive restraint discount (Airbags, motorized seat belts, etc.)
- Emergency roadside assistance discount
How reliable is the Alfa Romeo Giulia?
While J.D. Power has not officially assessed this car, the 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia receives an excellent 4.7/5 star rating for reliability in its consumer reviews.
A well-known source of car information and ratings likewise offers the Giulia a 4.7/5 rating, based on over 50 positive evaluations from diverse owners. While the site has a few favorable evaluations, they are from drivers who have merely test-driven the vehicle and do not own one.
At the time of writing, no Alfa Romeo Giulia models were subject to active recalls.
According to different internet references and Alfa Romeo fans, the Giulia model years have practically no frequent faults. While some consumers report receiving the car with the incorrect tire pressure, this is the dealer’s mistake, not a manufacturing defect. Despite the high number of pleased owners, Alfa Romeo has issued several service advisories to address concerns with loud suspension, brake sensors, coolant hoses, and electrical faults in a very small number of vehicles.
More affordable insurance is out there!
Thousands of users saved up to $79 per month on their insurance.Prices vary based on your driving history, location, age, gender, etc.
How safe is the Alfa Romeo Giulia?
The Alfa Romeo Giulia is not a mass-produced car, as many of its rivals are. As a result, there is insufficient data from accident tests to offer official safety ratings. The Giulia, on the other hand, includes a variety of safety measures that can help minimize damage in the case of an accident.
Alfa Romeo Giulia maintenance
The Alfa Romeo Giulia is a premium and performance sedan with a higher maintenance requirement than a normal sedan. While the car is typically dependable, it is critical to keep up with oil changes and any other normal maintenance specified in the owner’s handbook. Here’s what to anticipate from the Alfa Romeo Giulia in terms of oil changes, mileage, and warranty.
- Alfa Romeo advises changing the oil at 10,000 miles or every 12 months. This timetable, however, may change according to how frequently you drive the car.
- According to several Giulia owners, an oil change costs between $100 and $300, depending on the servicing location.
- The 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia basic model achieves an EPA-estimated 26 miles per gallon on average, 23 in the city and 31 on the highway.
- The 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia all-wheel drive achieves an average fuel economy of 27 miles per gallon, with 24 miles per gallon in the city and 33 miles per gallon on the highway.
- The 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio achieves an average fuel economy of 20 miles per gallon, with 17 miles per gallon in the city and 24 miles per gallon on the highway.
- While Alfa Romeo strongly recommends owners to maintain their vehicles at an authorized Alfa Romeo shop, your warranty will be intact if you bring it to a non-official Alfa Romeo store.
- Alfa Romeo’s 2018 Giulia comes standard with a four-year/50,000-mile guarantee, but extended warranties are available.
Is an extended warranty worth it for the Alfa Romeo Giulia?
Alfa Romeo offers a four-year, 50,000-mile warranty on the Giulia, with a few exclusions. The following items are covered for a limited time period of 12 months or 12,000 miles.
- Wiper blades
- Clutch discs
- Rear window
- Wheel alignment
- Wheel balancing
While the standard warranty is fairly comprehensive, the Giulia is a sports sedan that will likely see more wear and tear than a normal vehicle. Repairs can be costly, making it even more critical to get your car insured. Alfa Romeo provides a variety of extended warranty options that you should discuss with your dealer.
About the Alfa Romeo Giulia
Alfa Romeo introduced the Giulia in 1962. In 2016, Alfa Romeo redesigned the Giulia for the third time as a small executive vehicle. Alfa Romeo’s Giulia was runner-up in the 2017 European Car of the Year category.
Insurance companies calculate the cost of insurance for an Alfa Romeo Giulia based on the vehicle’s safety rating, theft rate, replacement cost, and general susceptibility to damage. Insurance costs vary according to your driving history and geographic area. If you’re contemplating an Alfa Romeo Giulia, obtain quotes from various insurance providers to ensure you’re paying the lowest feasible cost. Conduct research to determine whether you are eligible for insurance savings.
Compare Alfa Romeo competitors
If you’re considering an Alfa Romeo Giulia but want to evaluate your alternatives before making a purchase, the following manufacturers may offer comparable vehicles.
Alfa Romeo is an outstanding performance sedan that is equipped with a variety of standard and optional features. While its high dependability rating and safety features make it an attractive car for individuals searching for a luxury sports sedan, the high cost of repairs and absence of crash test data may contribute to the vehicle’s high auto insurance rates.
As usual, it’s critical to examine your alternatives in order to choose which provider and policy are the best fit for you.
Check out our review of Infiniti Insurance Cost for an additional car insurance review.