The 2017 Acura RLX is priced starting at $54,450. Annual insurance premiums average $1,824, resulting in a 3.3 percent annual insurance cost–to–base car price ratio. To receive a quote, sort auto insurance companies by state.
Acura RLX car insurance rates
Insuring a 2017 Acura RLX will cost you approximately $152 per month – or $1,824 per year. This is around $500 more than the national average of $1,318 but less than the averages in California and Montana, which are $1,962 and $2,013, respectively.
If you live in New Hampshire, for example, you can expect to spend around $983 each year. Your location, as well as a number of other factors, have a significant impact on the amount you pay for vehicle insurance, which is why it is critical to shop around when insuring your Acura RLX.
How to Compare Acura RLX Insurance
Finding the best auto insurance policy for your Acura RLX may be difficult; many suppliers appear to provide comparable policies and coverage, making it difficult to narrow down your alternatives. While pricing may appear to be the most significant issue, there are a lot of additional things to consider while shopping around.
- Price. Once you’ve established how much coverage you want, you may compare similar policies and choose a provider based on pricing.
- Deductible. Your deductible might have an impact on the cost of your vehicle insurance. Make sure you select an amount that is within your budget.
- Minimum coverage. Each state has its own set of statutory minimum coverage requirements. Above everything, ensure that these bare minimums are met.
- Additional coverage. Check to see if your preferred provider has any extra coverage choices you require. Personal injury protection, roadside help, and other choices may be included.
- Extras. Choose a supplier who provides the extras you require. This might include tire and rim coverage, accident forgiveness, or a variety of other optional features.
- Restrictions. Always be aware of any limits or limitations imposed by your provider to prevent circumstances that might result in refused claims.
- Manufacturer offer or loyalty discount. Check to see whether you’re paying extra for coverage that your manufacturer’s warranty may already provide.
- Warranty. Check to see whether you’re paying extra for coverage that your manufacturer’s warranty may already cover.
What factors affect car insurance rates for Acura RLX?
While your driving history, location, and other factors can all have an impact on your rates, the type of car you insure is also important. Here are a few things that influence Acura RLX auto insurance rates:
- Body type. The sort of car you drive might have a big impact on your auto insurance premiums. Sedans, such as the Acura RLX, are usually less expensive to insure than SUVs.
- Type of car. The Acura RLX is classified as a premium sedan, making it more expensive to insure than a small car such as the Volkswagen Golf.
- Theft. Sedans are one of the most commonly stolen types of cars, which may have a role in calculating your premiums.
- Repairs. The RLX is manufactured both in the United States and internationally, so service centers and replacement components should be easy to come by. However, because it is a luxury car, you may have to pay a premium because fixing the body may be costly.
- Safety ratings. The RLX has excellent safety ratings, which may result in cheaper insurance costs.
- Engine type. In general, hybrid vehicles are more expensive to insure. If you select the tech package with an electric front motor, you may wind up paying extra for vehicle insurance.
How do trim packages and extra build options affect insurance cost?
When calculating your rates, providers take into account a variety of criteria. Some of these variables include the worth of your car, the purpose for which you want to use it, safety features, and so on. The packages and accessories you select can affect the price, power, safety, and other factors. When purchasing a new Acura RLX, you should think about how the construction options may influence your vehicle insurance costs.
- Tech.This package includes a front electric motor, AcuraLink, and other features. Because hybrid cars are typically more expensive to fix and hence insure, these characteristics may raise the cost of insurance.
- Elite. Front and rear parking sensors, auto-dimming side mirrors, and a surround camera system can all assist to improve vision, which may result in cheaper vehicle insurance costs.
- Alloy wheels. Upgrading your wheels might be costly and may increase your chances of being stolen. This addition may raise the cost of your auto insurance, but you should check with your provider to be sure.
- Wheel locks. Wheel locks make it far more difficult for thieves to take your wheels. Many insurance companies are aware of this and are ready to grant a discount for having them installed.
Acura RLX money-saving safety features
If your Acura RLX has these safety features, you may be able to save money on car insurance.
- Daytime running lights
- Anti-lock brakes
- Anti-theft device
Does the Acura RLX qualify for auto insurance discounts?
Depending on whatever carrier you pick, your vehicle may be eligible for certain auto insurance savings. The actual reductions you receive, however, may vary based on your region, provider, selections, and other variables. Here are a few examples that should be applicable to the Acura RLX:
- New car discount
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Passive restraint discount (Airbags, motorized seat belts, etc.)
- Usage or low mileage discount
- Emergency roadside assistance discount
More affordable insurance is out there!
Thousands of users saved up to $79 per month on their insurance.Prices vary based on your driving history, location, age, gender, etc.
How reliable is the Acura RLX?
While Acura is well-known for its dependability, the RLX appears to fall short. According to U.S. News and J.D. Power, it has a below-average rating of 2.5/5 stars and is ranked #9 out of 9 in luxury big vehicles. Previous model year ratings are slightly higher, but with an average of 3/5 stars between 2015 and 2017, there isn’t much of an improvement.
According to J.D. Power, which keeps a database of recalls up to date with industry updates, about 20,000 Acura RLX vehicles have been recalled:
- 2015: Approximately 10,000 cars were affected by a problem in which the Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS) deployed the brakes improperly and abruptly in certain driving circumstances.
- 2014: Around 10,000 cars were recalled because the driver and front passenger seat belts would not stretch or retract correctly in cold weather.
There aren’t many concerns or complaints regarding the RLX, but of all model years, 2014 appears to have had the most. Suspension problems, a faulty infotainment system, and low mpg are common complaints.
How safe is the Acura RLX?
Despite the RLX’s poor dependability ratings, it has excellent safety ratings, as do the majority of Acura vehicles. In terms of safety, the 2018 Acura RLX receives a perfect 10 from J.D. Power and U.S. News. Frontal, side, and rollover crash tests all yielded flawless ratings, naming the Acura RLX the IIHS’s top safety selection for 2018.
Acura RLX maintenance
Routine maintenance may help your car last longer. Here’s what to anticipate from the Acura RLX in terms of oil change costs and mileage.
- Oil changes should be done every 5,000 miles or four months.
- An oil change for an Acura RLX typically costs around $80 at a technician or $100 at an Acura dealership.
- The 2018 Acura RLX Hybrid gets 28 miles per gallon on average, with 28 in the city and 29 on the interstate.
- The 2018 Acura RLX Elite gets an average of 23 miles per gallon, with 20 in the city and 29 on the highway.
- Acura advises that customers repair their vehicles at an authorized Acura dealer, but your warranty will still be valid if you choose to have it serviced elsewhere.
- Acura’s standard four-year/50,000-mile basic warranty and six-year/70,000-mile powertrain warranty are included with the 2018 Acura RLX. Acura, on the other hand, provides a variety of extended warranty choices.
Is an extended warranty worth it for the Acura RLX?
While Acura is known for producing dependable automobiles, the RLX appears to lag behind previous models. It comes with a four-year/50,000-mile basic warranty and a six-year/70,000-mile powertrain warranty as standard, but you may want to purchase one of the extended warranty options just in case.
About the Acura RLX
The Acura RLX has been on the market since 2013. According to U.S. News & World Report, the 2017 Acura RLX is one of the top ten luxury big vehicle models in America. The Acura RLX is well-known for its extensive standard safety features, dependability, and fuel efficiency.
The insurance cost for an Acura RLX is determined by safety ratings, theft rates, replacement costs, and general damage susceptibility. Insurance costs vary depending on a driver’s past and region. Before you buy an Acura RLX, get insurance quotes from various providers to get the lowest possible cost. Check to see if you qualify for insurance reductions.
Compare Acura competitors
Looking for alternatives? Discover what more Acura has to offer, or look into other manufacturers to discover a vehicle that meets your requirements.
Auto insurance for a 2017 Acura RLX in New York costs roughly $500 more than the national average. However, the cost of insurance is determined by a variety of circumstances, so it is critical to evaluate your alternatives to determine how much you will spend.
The RLX offers a number of safety features that may qualify you for auto insurance reductions. Its flawless crash test scores and outstanding safety ratings will most certainly help you save money on insurance, but you won’t know for sure until you obtain a quotation.
Visit our review of Lexus Insurance Cost for another car insurance review.