Auto insurance for a 2017 Acura RDX costs, on average, around $153 per month, or $1,836 per year. It is around $500 more than the national average of $1,318 and comparable to Florida’s average of $1,830 or Maryland’s average of $1,810. However, your location, coupled with a variety of other criteria such as your age, driving history, and more, has a big impact on the amount of insurance you’ll pay. To obtain a quotation, sort auto insurance firms according to your state.
How to compare insurance for the Acura RDX
Automobile insurance shopping may be perplexing. Numerous suppliers appear to provide comparable plans, discounts, and benefits, making comparison difficult. Regardless of the type of car you drive, there are a lot of variables to consider when selecting an insurance provider and coverage. Here are some pointers:
- Price. When looking for insurance, price is a critical factor to consider. Comparing prices from multiple providers and researching potential discounts might help you save money on insurance premiums.
- Deductible. Your deductible level might have an effect on the cost of your vehicle insurance. Consider raising or decreasing the amount to fit your budget if your supplier permits it.
- Minimum coverage. Ascertain that your coverage fulfills your state’s minimal standards; otherwise, driving your car on public highways is prohibited.
- Additional coverage. If you want additional coverage, like as personal injury or uninsured motorist, ensure that the carrier you choose offers these choices.
- Extras. Numerous suppliers provide optional coverages such as tire and rim insurance and zero-deductible glass repairs. Ensure that the supplier you choose offers these features if they are significant to you.
- Restrictions. Always keep in mind any possible constraints when selecting a supplier. This may include restricted coverage depending on the location of the vehicle, ridesharing, and more.
- Manufacturer offers or loyalty discounts. Certain manufacturers provide discounts or special programs in conjunction with insurance companies. Consult Acura to determine whether any of these incentives apply to you.
- Warranty. When you acquire a new vehicle from Acura, you may be eligible for additional benefits such as new coverage. Ascertain that there is no overlap between the manufacturer and potential providers.
What factors affect car insurance rates for Acura RDX?
When setting your auto insurance prices, carriers examine a number of criteria. While driving characteristics, geography, policy selections, and other factors all have an effect on your premiums, the type of car you drive also has an effect. How does the Acura RDX stack up?
- Body type. The RDX is classified as a small SUV, which often costs less to insure than midsize SUVs such as the Acura MDX. This is determined by factors such as repair costs, passenger safety in the case of an accident, and others.
- Type of car. SUVs are frequently deemed to be less risky than sports cars and coupes, making them less expensive to insure than something like the NSX.
- Theft. SUVs are stolen at a lower rate than sedans, which may result in lower insurance costs.
- Repairs. The Acura RDX is manufactured in both the United States and Japan, making it easier to obtain parts and servicing. However, because it is a premium SUV, body damage may be costly to fix.
- Safety ratings. The RDX boasts excellent safety ratings and crash test results, which may result in a reduction in total vehicle insurance costs.
How do trim packages and extra build options affect insurance cost?
The model level and optional equipment on your Acura RDX might also affect the cost of vehicle insurance. Packages can improve the vehicle’s comfort, lessen the danger of crashes, or make it safer in general, which can result in reduced rates. However, if you add a sports package or a larger engine, you may find yourself paying more for insurance as the vehicle’s value increases and the horsepower increases. The following are just a handful of the possible choices for the Acura RDX.
- Tech. This package comprises a navigation system, a blind spot information system, and a cross traffic monitor. These features may make your RDX safer to run, which may result in lower rates.
- Elite. Front and rear parking sensors, fog lights, and auto-dimming side mirrors all contribute to improved vision, which results in lower vehicle insurance premiums..
- Trailer hitch. While this function is helpful, it may also increase the danger of damaging your car if you intend to tow frequently. As a result, your premiums may increase.
- Alloy wheels. Upgrades are costly and may increase the likelihood of your wheels being stolen. As a result, you may find yourself paying more for vehicle insurance.
- LED fog lights. Fog lights significantly improve visibility, resulting in safer driving and a decreased chance of accidents. Installing this feature may result in lower insurance premiums.
- Wheel locks. This feature significantly increases the difficulty of stealing your wheels, which many suppliers acknowledge. If you have them installed, you may qualify for a reduction on your vehicle insurance coverage.
Acura RDX money-saving safety features
If your Acura RDX is equipped with these safety features, you may be able to save money on car insurance.
- Anti-lock brakes
- Anti-theft device
- Passive restraints
- Adaptive cruise control
- Lane departure system
- Daytime running lights
Does the Acura RDX qualify for auto insurance discounts?
Depending on the company you pick, your vehicle may qualify for a variety of auto insurance discounts. However, the specific reductions you receive will vary depending on your region, provider, and available alternatives. Several of the following should apply to the Acura RDX:
- New car discount
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Passive restraint discount (Airbags, motorized seat belts, etc.)
- Usage or low mileage discount
- Emergency roadside assistance discount
How reliable is the Acura RDX?
Acura is well-known for its dependability, and the RDX is no exception. According to JD Power and US News, recent models got ratings of three and four out of five stars, respectively. While these are not exceptional scores, they indicate that the Acura RDX performs on a level with or better than comparable SUVs. Indeed, US News rates it first among premium compact SUVs.
The Acura RDX receives few owner complaints or concerns. While the 2016 model has the greatest overall faults, the 2015 model is regarded as the worst owing to the greater maintenance expenses. The 2016 model has screeching brakes, starting problems, and lane-keep system failures.
More affordable insurance is out there!
Thousands of users saved up to $79 per month on their insurance.Prices vary based on your driving history, location, age, gender, etc.
How safe is the Acura RDX?
Acura’s reputation for safe automobiles is well-deserved, and the RDX is no exception. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety rated the 2018 RDX as the best midsize luxury SUV in terms of safety. Additionally, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration awarded it a perfect 5-star safety rating, while US News gave it a 9.7-star rating.
Acura RDX maintenance
Routine maintenance can help extend the life of your Acura RDX. Here are some estimates for maintenance expenses, mileage, and other factors.
- A typical oil change for an Acura RDX costs around $80 at a technician or slightly more at an Acura dealership.
- The 2018 Acura RDX achieves an average fuel economy of 23 miles per gallon, with 20 miles per gallon in the city and 28 miles per gallon on the highway.
- While Acura advises that consumers repair their vehicles at an authorized Acura dealer, your warranty will not be invalidated if you choose to take it elsewhere.
- Acura’s regular four-year/50,000-mile basic warranty and six-year/70,000-mile powertrain warranty apply to the 2018 Acura RDX. Acura, on the other hand, provides a variety of extended warranty choices.
Is an extended warranty worth it for the Acura RDX?
While Acura is known for its reliability, if you want to keep your car for an extended amount of time, parts may fail after your warranty expires. If you decide to purchase an extended warranty, Acura provides a variety of choices that are available at the time of purchase or for an additional cost at a later date.
About the Acura RDX
Acura introduced the RDX in 2007. The Acura RDX is one of the most popular small luxury SUVs in America, having sold over 52,000 units in 2016. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration granted the Acura RDX a five-star overall safety rating and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety named it a Top Safety Pick+ for the 2017 model year.
Insurance companies calculate the cost of insurance for an Acura RDX based on the vehicle’s safety and theft ratings, replacement prices, and general susceptibility to damage. Insurance costs vary according to your driving history and geographic area. If you’re contemplating an Acura RDX, obtain quotes from various insurance providers to ensure you’re paying the lowest rate available. Conduct research to determine whether you are eligible for insurance savings.
Compare Acura competitors
Are you curious about what else is available? Investigate other automobile manufacturers that provide comparable automobiles or contrast brands that are diametrically opposed.
While the Acura RDX may cost more to insure than the national average by around $500, it comes equipped with a number of features that may qualify for auto insurance savings. As is the case with many other Acura cars, the RDX has excellent safety ratings from several reputable sources. It’s worth mentioning that the vehicle is categorized as a midsize premium SUV, which may contribute to the vehicle’s exorbitant insurance costs.
However, because the cost of insurance is determined by a variety of factors, it’s critical to evaluate your alternatives to determine the precise amount you’ll pay based on your circumstances.
For another car insurance review, visit our review of Volvo Insurance Cost.