How Much Does Acura ILX Car Insurance Cost?
A typical month’s Acura ILX car insurance costs about $160 a month or $1,920 a year, which is around $600 more than the national average of $1,318 per year. Your actual cost will vary depending on a number of factors, including your driving history, annual miles, location, and a few more. According to the Insurance Information Institute, the average cost of automobile insurance in Ohio is $919, whereas the average cost of vehicle insurance in Florida is $1,840.
- How Much Does Acura ILX Car Insurance Cost?
- How to compare Acura ILX insurance quotes
- What factors influence the cost of Acura ILX car insurance?
- What role do trim packages and additional build options have in determining insurance costs?
- What Qualifies Acura ILX car Insurance forDiscounts?
- Acura ILX safety ratings
- Is The Acura ILX a safe car?
- Acura ILX service and repair
How to compare Acura ILX insurance quotes
When looking at Acura ILX car insurance, there are a few considerations to keep in mind. Depending on the type of vehicle, some vendors may be more cost-effective when it comes to hybrid vehicles, whereas others may specialize in antique autos. The following considerations should be kept in mind while evaluating Acura ILX car insurance options:
- Price. This is typically the most important consideration for the majority of people, but it is crucial to be certain that you have the coverage you require to protect yourself.
- Deductible. The amount of your deductible varies from insurer to insurer, and some even allow you to customize it to have an impact on your premiums. You must choose an amount that is appropriate for your circumstances, taking into consideration elements such as the most likely item to break and the expense of repairs out of cash vs the deductible.
- Minimum coverage. Each state has its own set of rules for minimum coverage. Check to determine if your insurance coverage satisfies the regulations set forth by your state.
- Additional coverage. In the case of modern automobiles such as the Acura ILX, additional coverage such as personal injury protection may be worth considering.
- Restrictions. Check with your insurance company to see if they have any restrictions that prevent them from covering the ILX or any of its unique features. You should also be aware of any behavioral restrictions that may apply, such as where you’re driving, whether you’re using it for ridesharing, and other factors.
- Manufacturer offer or loyalty discount. There is a possibility that certain manufacturers have negotiated discounts or special offers with insurance carriers. Check with the manufacturer and the supplier to discover if this applies to you in the first place.
- Warranty. Is there any kind of special warranty or deal offered by Acura that would have an impact on your insurance policy? In some cases, for example, manufacturers may give coverage for the first month after purchase, removing the need for gap insurance. Check to see that there is no overlap between your manufacturer and your service provider’s services.
What factors influence the cost of Acura ILX car insurance?
The cost of auto insurance is influenced by a number of factors, including the type of vehicle you drive, your location, your age, your driving history, and a variety of other considerations. Because the Acura ILX sedan has a range of safety features, you may be able to save money on your auto insurance premiums. There are a variety of other car-related factors that influence your insurance premiums, including:
- Body type. As a result of the fact that sedans are more family-friendly than coupes, sedans are often less expensive to insure than coupes. Coupes, on the other hand, are sports cars that can be driven more aggressively than sedans.
- Type of car. The Acura ILX is a high-end sedan produced by the Japanese automaker Acura. The cost of insurance for a sedan is frequently less expensive than that of a sports car or SUV. Sports cars are more risky than SUVs, yet SUVs are larger and may be more expensive to repair than sports cars.
- Theft. Car insurance premiums for sedans may be slightly higher than for SUVs or other types of autos due to the fact that they are the most frequently stolen vehicles.
- Repairs. Because the Acura ILX is a relatively new vehicle manufactured in the United States, repairing or replacing parts is not prohibitively expensive in this case. This may help to keep insurance premiums as low as possible.
- Safety ratings. The majority of Acura autos have outstanding safety ratings, which may allow you to save money on your vehicle insurance premiums.
What role do trim packages and additional build options have in determining insurance costs?
Your Acura ILX car insurance premiums are virtually usually determined by the package and optional coverages you select for your vehicle. In addition to describing some of your alternatives, we’ll also discuss how they might affect your insurance rates:
- A-spec. This option enhances the sporty appearance of the vehicle’s interior and exterior by including sporty features. In general, sportier autos are more expensive to insure, so your insurance premiums may rise as a result of your purchase.
- Technology plus. This navigation, audio, and networking package, dubbed the “intelligent driving companion,” will not only increase the value of your vehicle, but it may also make for a safer drive. Therefore, it has the capacity to increase or decrease your interest rates.
- Premium. This package includes features that are designed to make your life easier and more comfortable. As a result of advancements in safety and driver assistance technologies, your insurance costs may be decreased.
- AcuraWatch Plus. The AcuraWatch Plus option includes a collision mitigation braking system, adaptive cruise control, a lane keeping assist system, and a variety of other technologies. When all of these safety features are employed together, they may be able to help you save money on your auto insurance.
- Special edition. The Acura ILX Special Edition is distinguished by bigger rims, a rear spoiler, and other visual upgrades over the standard model. While this package may enhance the sleek and aerodynamic appearance of your car, it may also result in an increase in your insurance rates.
- Black alloy wheels. It is possible that purchasing wider rims, like any other aesthetic enhancements that make the automobile appear sportier, will result in a rise in the cost of auto insurance.
- Back up sensors. If you are backing out of your driveway or into a parking lot, backup sensors can assist you prevent an accident. Including this option may provide you with greater peace of mind as well as lower auto insurance premiums.
- LED fog lights. When your vision is impaired, LED fog lights can assist you in identifying vehicles and other obstacles. This optional safety feature may be able to help you save money on your insurance costs.
- Spare tire kit. The addition of a spare tire kit to your Acura ILX may demonstrate to insurance companies that you are a responsible and well-prepared driver, which may result in a reduction in your premiums.
- Wheel locks. Wheel locks are a relatively inexpensive addition that makes tire and rim theft much more difficult to accomplish. As a result, you may be eligible for a discount on anti-theft features.
What Qualifies Acura ILX car Insurance forDiscounts?
Many insurance companies provide a variety of discounts on automobile insurance premiums. While these savings vary depending on region, service provider, vehicle, and other circumstances, the following are some that may be applicable to the Acura ILX:
- Discount on a new automobile
- Anti-lock brakes at a reduced price
- Discount for anti-theft measures
- Discount for the inclusion of a safety feature
- Discount based on usage or low mileage
- Discount for roadside help in an emergency
Acura ILX safety ratings
Vehicles manufactured by Acura are well-known for their high level of safety and dependability. Predicted reliability was rated 4 out of 5 stars by JD Power for the 2016 ILX. For the 2015 model year, the dependability of features and accessories get a 5/5 rating, while the powertrain receives a 3/5 rating, the body and interior receive a 2/5 rating, and the overall rating receives a 3/5 score.
A recall for overheating headlights, defective door latches, and faulty airbag inflators was issued by Acura in February 2016 for the 2013-2016 Acura ILX. It is not yet known whether any recalls would be issued for the 2017 and 2018 models.
Most criticism is directed against the Acura ILX, which debuted in 2014. Customers have complained about concerns such as excessively noisy suspension, Freon odor, and defrost that isn’t working. 2014, on the other hand, is not the only model year to experience problems.
Customer complaints include engine oil leaks from normal operation and transmission sliding, which are particularly common in models from the years 2015, 2016, and 2017.
Is The Acura ILX a safe car?
The Acura ILX is equipped with a variety of excellent safety features that can lessen your chances of making a personal injury claim, which may result in lower insurance costs. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the Federal Government Crash Test Ratings for the 2016, 2017, and 2018 models are all 5 out of 5. Frontal and rollover crashes are rated 4 out of 5 stars on all models, whereas side crashes are rated 5 out of 5 stars.
Acura ILX service and repair
Purchasing and insuring your Acura ILX is only the beginning of the process. Keeping it in good working order will extend its life expectancy and ensure that it continues to perform at its peak levels. What you can expect is as follows:
- The average cost of an oil change for an Acura ILX is approximately $80.
- The 2018 Acura ILX gets approximately 25 miles per gallon in the city and 35 miles per gallon on the highway, for a total of 29.5 miles per gallon.
- Service for your ILX should be performed at an Acura dealership, according to the manufacturer, because dealership technicians are factory-trained to operate on your car. Your warranty, on the other hand, will not be voided if you get it serviced somewhere else.
- The 2018 Acura ILX is covered by a four-year/50,000-mile basic warranty as well as a six-year/70,000-mile powertrain warranty as standard. Acura also provides the option of purchasing an extended warranty.
Check out more about Acura Insurance Rates